HMS Victory by Yon - Caldercraft 1:72

Its been a while since my last posting due to a number of factors.  Progress has been slow on the chainplates and gunport lids so there really has not been much to show. My computer packed up, the replacement was "lost" in the post and when I finally had one delivered I had to work out how to do photos on windows 8. I also lost some time recovering from CA exposure.

Anyway, it seems that my target to get the chainplates and gunports finished by the end of August has proved to be too ambitious.  In fact I've only managed the port side so far.  Here are some pictures :-

post-464-0-15841400-1377625552.jpgpost-464-0-80787200-1377625622.jpgpost-464-0-26774700-1377625662.jpg

Cheers

Yon

very nice, great to see an update from you

Its all part of Kev's journey, bit like going to the dark side, but with the lights on

All the best

Kevin :omg:

SAY NO TO PIRACY. SUPPORT ORIGINAL IDEAS AND MANUFACTURERS.
KEEP IT REAL!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On the build table

HMS Indefatigable 1794 by Kevin - Vanguard Models - 1:64 - Feb 2023 

HMHS Britannic by Kevin 

SD 14  - Marcle Models - 1/70 - March 2022 -  Bluebell - Flower Class - Revel - 1/72   U552 German U Boat - Trumpeter - 1/48  Amerigo Vespucci     1/84 - Panart-   HMS Enterprise  -CAF -  1/48     

Finished     

St-Nectan-Mountfleet-models-steam-trawler-1/32 - Completed June 2020

HMS Victory - Caldercraft/Jotika - 1/72 - Finished   Dorade renamed Dora by Kevin - Amati - 1/20 - Completed March 2021 

Stage Coach 1848 - Artesania Latina - 1/10 -Finished Lady Eleanor by Kevin - FINISHED - Vanguard Models - 1/64 - Fifie fishing boat

Hi Lawrence

Many thanks for your comment.  I attached the cat heads a while ago.  I have posted pictures on the first page of this log, post number 10.

I have been following your build with great interest - its really coming on well.

Cheers

Yon

• 2 months later...

Hi Lawrence

Thanks for your comment !

After 2 years of building I am having a bit of a break.  I did this before and found that when I get back to it I am much more enthusiastic.  I was prompted after actually dreaming about rigging gun port lids !

I'll be back in the new year.  In the meantime keep up the good work !

Cheers

Yon

Yon,

Have a Happy Holiday Season and we all look forward to seeing you after the new year.  I particularly enjoyed your explanation of rigging gun port lids and followed your idea stiffining the lanyards with CA.  I finished attaching the lids today and wanted to thank you for your great idea.  Hope to see you soon.

Jerry

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Lawrence

Wishing you a Happy Christmas and prosperous New Year !!

I intend to restart my build on new years day so expect to update my log later in January - fingers crossed, it will be completed in 2014.....

Kind regards

Yon

• 3 months later...

Yon

that's your four months up, please come back

hope you are well

Its all part of Kev's journey, bit like going to the dark side, but with the lights on

All the best

KEEP IT REAL!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On the build table

HMHS Britannic by Kevin 

SD 14  - Marcle Models - 1/70 - March 2022 -  Bluebell - Flower Class - Revel - 1/72   U552 German U Boat - Trumpeter - 1/48  Amerigo Vespucci     1/84 - Panart-   HMS Enterprise  -CAF -  1/48     

Finished     

HMS Victory - Caldercraft/Jotika - 1/72 - Finished   Dorade renamed Dora by Kevin - Amati - 1/20 - Completed March 2021 

Stage Coach 1848 - Artesania Latina - 1/10 -Finished Lady Eleanor by Kevin - FINISHED - Vanguard Models - 1/64 - Fifie fishing boat

• 2 months later...

what happened to the pictures? all I see is a square with an x in it? WHY?

See:  http://modelshipworld.com/index.php?/topic/6346-photos-not-showing/   Yon may not be aware of the problem and only he can fix it in his log.

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

The problem seems to be sorted - maybe it was because I hadn't logged on for so long.

I have suspended my build for the time being as my allergy to CA has taken all the fun out of it (and was rather painful).  I realise that the allergy won't go away but I fully intend to get back to it using a full facemask once I've plucked up the courage.

Good luck to everyone with their builds.

Best

Yon

and to you my friend. hope to have you back soon.

mort

Current Build - Caldercraft Victory

Completed - Artesiana Latina Swift, Harvey, MGS Prince de Neufchatel, Imai USS Susquehanna, Mamoli Constitution, Rattlesnake per Hunt Practium, Caldercraft Snake, Diana, Kammerlander Duke William 

Waiting to be Launched -  Bluejacket Constitution

Proud member of The New Jersey Ship Model Society

• 4 months later...

Hi David

No, still here in the background. The pictures seem OK now.  Having an extended break as I was suffering a great deal from CA allergy.  I'm going to have another attempt soon with new facemask filters.

All the best

Yon

• 4 years later...

coming up for 5 years since your last update, hope you and family are all well

All the best

KEEP IT REAL!

On the build table

HMHS Britannic by Kevin 

Finished     

here here

mort

Current Build - Caldercraft Victory

Completed - Artesiana Latina Swift, Harvey, MGS Prince de Neufchatel, Imai USS Susquehanna, Mamoli Constitution, Rattlesnake per Hunt Practium, Caldercraft Snake, Diana, Kammerlander Duke William 

Waiting to be Launched -  Bluejacket Constitution

Proud member of The New Jersey Ship Model Society