Wasan 1628 by Nazgul - FINISHED - Billing Boats Vasa 1:75

Great work mate B)  B) They look good even if it wasn't your first go at carving.Lets face it,they aren't much larger than those preposterously small figures I carved for the prow of Sovereign.I bet you are glad they are behind you know though ;) BTW what has happened to your signature picture,or is it just me that can't see it?

Kind Regards

Nigel 

Currently working on Royal Caroline

Thanks mate! Yeah, well I enjoyed doing the heads and faces, but I'm happy to be done with those vertical lines below them. I look forward to have a go with pear someday.

I'm confused about the sig picture. It looks right on my smartpone, but not on the PC. I'll look into it.

/Matti

post-3739-0-77091900-1412108706.jpg

Billing Boats Vasa

Nice first try at carving, Matti. Last one shows up as the better, I would say. But that´s the way it is, usually. :P  Waiting for your next pics!

I'm confused about the sig picture. It looks right on my smartpone, but not on the PC. I'll look into it.

You'll probably have to delete the photo, using your PC and upload it again to your signature.

Sherry

Every goodbye is the birth of a memory...

Current Build: San Felipe

Finished Builds: Mayflower Build Log

Gallery: Mayflower

Matti. Is it only me or a lot of your photos are not shown in the last 3 pages? Everyone else can see them? I only see a frame with the words "wasanlogo3.jpg"

Nice job on those figures though. I can still see a few pictures.

There aren't but two options: do it FAST, or do it RIGHT.

Current Project Build Log: Soleil Royal in 1/72. Kit by Artesania Latina.

Last finished projectsRoyal Ship Vasa 1628; French Vessel Royal Louis 1780. 1/90 Scale by Mamoli. 120 Cannons

Future projects already in my stash: Panart: San Felipe 1/75; OcCre: Santísima Trinidad 1/90;

Wish List: 1/64 Amati Victory, HMS Enterprise in 1/48 by CAF models.

So much to build, so little time!

Hi Matti

You are probably unaware as you were away.We had hard drive issues on the site over the weekend.This has resulted in the loss of some pictures on build logs mainly posted around June/July time last year.I have a gap in images on my Sovereign log.I think this may have been the cause with your signature

Kind Regards

Nigel.

Currently working on Royal Caroline

Matti,

I keep thinking your Wasa looks even better than the original. But, then again, the original did sit at the bottom of the Baltic Sea for some 300 years+.

:cheers:

CaptainSteve
Current Build:  HM Granado Bomb Vessel (Caldercraft)

My BathTub:    Queen Anne Barge (Syren Ship Models)       Log:  Queen Anne Barge (an build log)

Bounty Launch (Model Shipways)                 Log:  Bounty Launch by CaptainSteve
                        Apostol Felipe (OcCre)
                        HMS Victory (Constructo)
Check It Out:   The Kit-Basher's Guide to The Galaxy

Thanks mate! I found a piece of wood I bought at the local hobby shop a while back and thought it could be lemon (I have a hard time to recognize wood). I gave it a go trying to make a sculpture, but it didn't work at all, so it must have been something else. It's pretty hard and good for details, but it turned out to break easily, so after a few hours work, the face broke off.

Ps. Weird, couple of posts have disappeared...

/Matti

Billing Boats Vasa

The knightheads look fabulous in position mate B)  B) She is really starting to come 'alive' now

Kind Regards

Nigel

Hi, yep one of my posts to you has vanished also.

Current builds  

28mm  Battle of Waterloo   attack on La Haye Saint   Diorama.

1/700  HMS Hood   Flyhawk   with  PE, Resin  and Wood Decking.

Completed works.

Dragon 1/700 HMS Edinburgh type 42 batch 3 Destroyer plastic.

HMS Warspite Academy 1/350 plastic kit and wem parts.

HMS Trafalgar Airfix 1/350 submarine  plastic.

Black Pearl  1/72  Revell   with  pirate crew.

Revell  1/48  Mosquito  B IV

Eduard  1/48  Spitfire IX

ICM    1/48   Seafire Mk.III   Special Conversion

1/48  Kinetic  Sea Harrier  FRS1

Great looking knightheads, Matti.  The Wasan is a alive!!!!!!!!!!

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

Those knightheads look sooooo nice Matti , great! job on the carving

Frank

completed build: Delta River Co. Riverboat     HMAT SUPPLY

USRC "ALERT"

in progress: Red Dragon  (Chinese junk)

The two Herakles sculptures are not included in the BB kit. I want to try and carve them. The first one had the face getting lose, so I had to start over. I'm not sure the wood is obechi. It's more brown, a little harder and when I put it in boiling water it doesnt smell bad at all. The obechi planks used for the hull smelled like moose fart when they go wet. It could be a different wood then listed, or a missread on my part.

Anyways, here is the first one. Seems Mr Hercules forgot his pants, but at least he remembered his lion hat.

post-3739-0-97354200-1395657920_thumb.jpg

post-3739-0-04333600-1395657924_thumb.jpg

post-3739-0-81684000-1395657926_thumb.jpg

/Matti

Billing Boats Vasa

At least we can tell it's MR Hercules ... and not Miss !! 

CaptainSteve
Current Build:  HM Granado Bomb Vessel (Caldercraft)

My BathTub:    Queen Anne Barge (Syren Ship Models)       Log:  Queen Anne Barge (an build log)

Bounty Launch (Model Shipways)                 Log:  Bounty Launch by CaptainSteve
                        Apostol Felipe (OcCre)
                        HMS Victory (Constructo)
Check It Out:   The Kit-Basher's Guide to The Galaxy

If the wood is good for carving forget about its name.  Really nice work Matti.

Saludos, Karl

Gracias Karl! Yeah that's my usual aproach to modelling. ;) I'm starting to plan for another build and would need to make more carvings then, so I need to learn this, what to buy and so on for that one.

These carvings will do as I can get about the same level of details as the kits original plastic sculptures. Since it's my first build I look at it as my first lessons and live with the limit of my abilities.

/Matti

Edited by NAZGÛL

Billing Boats Vasa

Even at that size he puts me to shame. :D  :D

Lovely bit of work there Matti, well done mate. :dancetl6:

Be Good

mobbsie

mobbsie
All mistakes are deliberate ( me )

Current Build:- HMS Schooner Pickle

Completed Builds :-   Panart 1/16 Armed Launch / Pinnace ( Completed ),  Granado Cross Section 1/48

Harwich Bawley, Restoration,  Thames Barge Edme, Repair / Restoration,  Will Everard 1/67 Billings 

HMS Agamemnon 1781 - 1/64 Caldercraft KitHM Brig Badger,  HM Bomb Vessel Granado,
Thames Steam Launch Louise,  Thames Barge Edme,  Viking Dragon Boat

Next Build :-