Genesis by Omega1234 - FINISHED - 1/300 - 49 m Mega Yacht

Hi folks

Another quick update for you.  I swear, that with each successive session of ‘puttying and sanding’, the true beauty of Genesis’ hull shape has started to emerge.  Of particular importance to me is ensuring that the hard chines in the bow and all of her flowing curves, etc are especially crisp and prominent, therefore, those areas have received the most attention.

Lots of fun still to go, though.

Thanks for all of your Likes and comments.  

‘’Cheers. 

Patrick

27B2A06F-F22E-426E-8A8B-33D760896134.jpeg

42F80BF0-275B-432C-9CEC-55D649E49671.jpeg

00C146AD-F80D-42B8-9AA2-B617AFB0FD35.jpeg

39AB39A9-7476-4AA0-8188-8033EDF69D9C.jpeg

4B44F488-0C2A-4E57-AFAD-506C6BAF40CC.jpeg

D47E13E3-7FDB-44A4-B1BA-73C570920E51.jpeg

look'in awesome Patrick!  ;) 

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller
Phylly C & Denny-Zen - the Lobsie twins - bashed & semi scratch dual build

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Billing's Gothenborg 1:100 / Billing's Boulogne Etaples 1:20
Billing's Half Moon 1:40 - some scratch required
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400
Trawler Syborn - semi scratch / Holiday Harbor dual build - semi scratch

Caught up again with you Patrick - awesome progress and indeed the lines start to emerge.

Cheers,

Piet, The Flying Dutchman.

"Your greatest asset is not the quantity of your friends , rather the quality of your friends."  (old Chinese proverb)

Current Builds: Hr. Ms. Java 1925-1942

VOC Ship Surabaya

Planned Builds: Young America Diorama - scale 1:3000

Future Builds: KPM ship "MS Musi."  Zuiderzee Botter - scale 1:25. VOC Jacht in a 6" lamp,  Buginese fishing Prauw.  Hr. Ms. Java - Royal Navy Netherlands Cruiser.

Completed Builds:   Hr. Ms. O16 Submarine

Hr. Ms. O19 - Submarine Royal Navy Netherlands

Ship Yard Diorama with Topsail schooner -

Friendship Sloop Gwenfra

Muscongus Bay Lobster Smack    

Golden Hind - Cutte Sark (both not in this forum)

Hi folks

I’ve been flat out and too busy to look at MSW over the past couple of weeks, but I’ll do a catch up with everyone’s logs soon.

Anyhow, oh, Lordy, lord lord!!  By George, I think I’ve done it!!!!!  By that I mean that I’ve managed to build those pesky curves on Genesis’s superstructure; you know the ones’ which give her design such a distinctive look.  Now. I just to shape them, to give them that extra bit of finesse.

I have to say, “I’m pretty darn chuffed”!

Thanks for following and for all of your Likes and comments so far.

Have a great weekend, folks!

Cheers. 

Patrick

7EF641B7-15E9-4DD0-B8C3-5E6EB0144FBB.jpeg

BA21A9E6-A863-4193-98E9-B101BDEFBA07.jpeg

43C17B82-9948-4C9D-923E-2020FB1B6BDF.jpeg

8B3E68B5-9A99-4AD6-B4F9-2393BBBCBF5E.jpeg

0A5C0413-59B1-4800-8E6E-B0D02FA6A85B.jpeg

397A6D05-5C6D-4110-9992-EDBB9BF54BA7.jpeg

Edited by Omega1234

Looking very good patrick; she will be a beauty completed. 

cheers

Pat

If at first you do not suceed, try, and then try again!
Current build: HMCSS Victoria (Scratch)

Next build: HMAS Vampire (3D printed resin, scratch 1:350)

Built:          Battle Station (Scratch) and HM Bark Endeavour 1768 (kit 1:64)

3 minutes ago, BANYAN said:

Looking very good patrick; she will be a beauty completed. 

cheers

Pat

Thanks Pat

Now that I’ve finally managed to build all of those curves and lines on the superstructure, I feel like a major milestone and headache has been achieved. Whilst there’s still lots and lots of sanding and puttying to go, at least I can start to see how everything fits together. 

It it should be relatively plain sailing from here as far as the construction goes. 

Thanks for looking in!

Cheers. 

Patrick

Great job, Patrick.  With all of those radical curves, I'm sure getting the sides symmetrical was a challenge.  Especially at your scale, any little deviation would likely be very noticeable.  Kudos!

2 minutes ago, Mahuna said:

Great job, Patrick.  With all of those radical curves, I'm sure getting the sides symmetrical was a challenge.  Especially at your scale, any little deviation would likely be very noticeable.  Kudos!

Hi Frank

Thanks!  You’re right. It’s been a tricky job so far, but all should be good now. 

Cheers

Patrick

Nice work Patrick.  You have one great power of deduction.    I do have a question... first picture, by your thump is an rectangular opening.   What is that for? I don't recall seeing it in the pictures of the "large" version. 

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

34 minutes ago, mtaylor said:

Nice work Patrick.  You have one great power of deduction.    I do have a question... first picture, by your thump is an rectangular opening.   What is that for? I don't recall seeing it in the pictures of the "large" version. 

Hi Mark

Thanks for your comments. The large rectangular opening near my thumb is one of two openings for Genesis’ tender garages (the starboard one is for a large tender, whilst the smaller port opening will hold two jet-skis).  What more could a billionaire want on his super yacht...!

I hope this helps.

Cheers. 

Patrick

Ah... what more indeed.  Thanks for cluing me in.

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

A very beautiful achievement Patrick.

Cheers,

Piet, The Flying Dutchman.

"Your greatest asset is not the quantity of your friends , rather the quality of your friends."  (old Chinese proverb)

Current Builds: Hr. Ms. Java 1925-1942

VOC Ship Surabaya

Planned Builds: Young America Diorama - scale 1:3000

Future Builds: KPM ship "MS Musi."  Zuiderzee Botter - scale 1:25. VOC Jacht in a 6" lamp,  Buginese fishing Prauw.  Hr. Ms. Java - Royal Navy Netherlands Cruiser.

Completed Builds:   Hr. Ms. O16 Submarine

Hr. Ms. O19 - Submarine Royal Navy Netherlands

Ship Yard Diorama with Topsail schooner -

Friendship Sloop Gwenfra

Muscongus Bay Lobster Smack    

Golden Hind - Cutte Sark (both not in this forum)

Mr. Bond would be pleased!   once you get some paint on her.......you'll really be chuffed!   she's look'in great Patrick! :) 

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller
Phylly C & Denny-Zen - the Lobsie twins - bashed & semi scratch dual build

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Billing's Gothenborg 1:100 / Billing's Boulogne Etaples 1:20
Billing's Half Moon 1:40 - some scratch required
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400
Trawler Syborn - semi scratch / Holiday Harbor dual build - semi scratch

4 minutes ago, popeye the sailor said:

Mr. Bond would be pleased!   once you get some paint on her.......you'll really be chuffed!   she's look'in great Patrick! :) 

Thanks Denis 

Yep. You’re right about the paint. I’m itching to do the first coat, but I’m resisting until everything is nice and smooth. 

Mr Bond, also, should be well pleased as well 😀!!!

Cheers. 

Patrick

Looks good Patrick and will look great over a properly prepared  hul - you're doing well to resist the temptation mate.  Mr. Bond? ...  it is more like one of the very modern, luxuriously outfitted  yachts one of his arch-nemesis with too much money would have -  007's would be smaller and fitted with more gizmos. ;) :)

cheers

Pat

If at first you do not suceed, try, and then try again!
Current build: HMCSS Victoria (Scratch)

Next build: HMAS Vampire (3D printed resin, scratch 1:350)

Built:          Battle Station (Scratch) and HM Bark Endeavour 1768 (kit 1:64)

12 hours ago, BANYAN said:

fitted with more gizmos

Pat, you just have to wait a bit longer ... you'll be surprised what Patrick pulls out of the "Hat" ... I can't stand the waiting

Carl

"Desperate affairs require desperate measures." Lord Nelson
Search and you might find a log ...

Patrick,

Sleek boat, excellent work. 

Marcus 

Current Built: Zeehaen 1639, Dutch Fluit from Dutch explorer Abel J. Tasman

Unofficial motto of the VOC: "God is good, but trade is better"

Many people believe that Captain J. Cook discovered Australia in 1770. They tend to forget that Dutch mariner Willem Janszoon landed on Australia’s northern coast in 1606. Cook never even sighted the coast of Western Australia).

2 hours ago, flying_dutchman2 said:

Patrick,

Sleek boat, excellent work. 

Marcus 

Thanks Marcus!  

Sleek she is!  She’s definitely getting there, but trying to capture all the intricate facets of the design (especially without plans) has been hard going, but, hey, what’s life without a few challenges along the way, hey?

Cheers. 

Patrick

On 24/05/2018 at 6:40 AM, BANYAN said:

Looks good Patrick and will look great over a properly prepared  hul - you're doing well to resist the temptation mate.  Mr. Bond? ...  it is more like one of the very modern, luxuriously outfitted  yachts one of his arch-nemesis with too much money would have -  007's would be smaller and fitted with more gizmos. ;) :)

cheers

Pat

Hi Pat

I think you could be right - this boat could belong to one of  Bond’s archnemisis’; I mean just looking at it, she just reeks of money and opulence.  But, personally, I still haven’t quite worked out whether it’s a spaceship, or a boat....oh well!

Have a great week.

Cheers. 

Patrick

On 24/05/2018 at 7:08 PM, cog said:

Pat, you just have to wait a bit longer ... you'll be surprised what Patrick pulls out of the "Hat" ... I can't stand the waiting

Hi Carl

Mmm, now that’s a thought....If I was really cunning, I could surely fit a few cannons and other exotic weaponry onboard.  Now, that’s sure to give Bond a run for his money😉!

Cheers. 

Patrick

Edited by Omega1234

rocket launchers appearing from the sides, a mini copter, jet skies you've done that, so you need somtin else, an amfibious car ... lots of hot babes!!! or just make her take off, let her fly matie ... let her fly :) take the babes to the moon ;)

Edited by cog

Carl

"Desperate affairs require desperate measures." Lord Nelson
Search and you might find a log ...

1 hour ago, cog said:

rocket launchers appearing from the sides, a mini copter, jet skies you've done that, so you need somtin else, an amfibious car ... lots of hot babes!!! or just make her take off, let her fly matie ... let her fly :) take the babes to the moon ;)

Thanks Carl!

I’m on to it!!!!

Cheers. 

Patrick

Hi folks

Thanks for all of your comments and feedback.  Much appreciated.

Just a quick update for you.  I’ve done some more work on sanding and puttying the curves on the superstructure.  I reckon they’re coming along really nicely.

I’ve also managed to do the highly complicated coach roof, which sits atop the Sun Deck.  As you can see, it looks like a multi-faceted component to something out of NASA’s books, but, hey, I didn’t design it...I only built it.

I hope you like the progress so far.

Cheers. 

Patrick

440F5CAF-BEE4-481F-89A9-3699BC1625E8.jpeg

253F1737-68DF-4BEE-9354-50BAD709CF70.jpeg

F1F4FBE3-1E95-46FE-8244-6756FB704AD4.jpeg

E305982E-E949-4198-9D19-77DE45D54FC5.jpeg

3E3ADDED-D227-4F2D-BC39-7C06B1B6F57A.jpeg

219215DF-B944-4915-9558-E2A5F92AA8F7.jpeg

B007FC05-ECD1-4D93-83FB-F312C31EF900.jpeg

87FD3799-1BC6-442D-80C9-23AE544581C6.jpeg

0E5065DA-ACA0-4343-A762-8BB7CF6CE327.jpeg

10FB6553-C097-459F-AABE-193C4D91056C.jpeg

Edited by Omega1234

Patrick,

Outstanding but you have to fess up I have scrutinized  your build very closely now its truth or tell. I have closely taken measurements and I come up with a vessel approximately 32 inches long that has been reduced to make it appear to be a wee little boat.

No one can make one that small and detailed.

Before I get bashed by those that don't have a sense of humor I am kidding. Kudos again on what is going to be your best.

John Allen

Current builds HMS Victory-Mamoli

On deck

USS Tecumseh, CSS Hunley scratch build, Double hull Polynesian canoe (Holakea) scratch build

Finished

Waka Taua Maori War Canoe, Armed Launch-Panart, Diligence English Revenue Cutter-Marine  Model Co. 

Patrick- absolutely fantastic! Don’t know what else to say- looks just like her!

~ Ben

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

Current Builds:

'Doll-Boat' - 1:12 scale 40' Cruising Sailboat

S.S. Edmund Fitzgerald - 1:350 plastic kit w/ Photo Etch Parts (On Hold)