HMAS Vendetta 1925 by cog, popeye the sailor, and RGL - FINISHED - Showcase Models -1/350 - PLASTIC

all very interesting Carl...........I bought a couple of butterflies from this company..........they were very hard to make.  I ruined the first one.......the second one is buried on my desk here ..........somewhere.   I showed it to the admiral......when I showed her how long 12 mm was,  she balked at it! :D 

I can just imagine what it would take to build it  ;) 

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller
Phylly C & Denny-Zen - the Lobsie twins - bashed & semi scratch dual build

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Billing's Gothenborg 1:100 / Billing's Boulogne Etaples 1:20
Billing's Half Moon 1:40 - some scratch required
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400
Trawler Syborn - semi scratch / Holiday Harbor dual build - semi scratch

6 hours ago, RGL said:

Hobbyeasy is advertising the mast set and barel set, just tormenting you.....

Tormenting ... you are puttin' me off for the build! Might as well get me a RN cruiser to build and get New Zealand added to the commonwealth games, or just pick a box from the wood-stock :) 

Carl

"Desperate affairs require desperate measures." Lord Nelson
Search and you might find a log ...

Some of us are geographically challenged, Greg. And I think Carl was tired, too. I better start saving for the PE sets. Don't know if there will be any 3D printed stuff. Looks unlikely.

Ken

Started: MS Bounty Longboat,

On Hold:  Heinkel USS Choctaw paper

Down the road: Shipyard HMC Alert 1/96 paper, Mamoli Constitution Cross, MS USN Picket Boat #1

Scratchbuild: Echo Cross Section

Member Nautical Research Guild

6 hours ago, RGL said:

Um, NZ is in the Commonwealth games.......

I know, but not in my ship's collection! So far I'm limited to R(B)N, RAN, and am working on RCN, after that RNZN, Scotland and Wales :P 

Dealing to much with DP&H?

Edited by cog

Carl

3 hours ago, cog said:

I know, but not in my ship's collection! So far I'm limited to R(B)N, RAN, and am working on RCN, after that RNZN, Scotland and Wales :P 

And Ireland ????  ;)

Yes, but Ireland since 1922 or maybe 1938, has it's own Navy (or more precisely - "self Defense Force") with their own ships. designated LE or Long Eireannach, example LE Samuel Becket P61.

BTW, Carl, if I remember my history correctly, RBN includes Scotland, Wales, and Northern Ireland only - it does not include the Republic of Ireland. :D

Edited by Jack12477

Got me there mate. That's why I'm not native Irish :D just DD :P  So tell me then, laddy, what destroyer (class) or cruiser was part of the Irish naval forces from 1918 to 1945. Might give her a go ...

Carl

8 hours ago, cog said:

Got me there mate. That's why I'm not native Irish :D just DD :P So tell me then, laddy, what destroyer (class) or cruiser was part of the Irish naval forces from 1918 to 1945. Might give her a go ...

Carl, don't want to hijack your group build log so I will keep it brief.  Here's a link to a little info on the History of Irish Navy.  Also I'm trying to find other information but I did find this one model of an Irish OPV (Offshore Patrol Vessel)  L.E Roisin.

Other than this I haven't found any models; still researching the history also.

Here's a link to photo of finished model.

Edited by Jack12477

Thanks Jack, but I can't get to the History of the Irsih Navy - seems to be non existent - or they don't like Dutch ... (or just me :huh: )

The ship ... I just find modern ships ugly, squarish, and lacking any form but for CAD and the D should read "development" instead of "design" as design has something of creativity in it ... so ... not much chance of an Irish build there ...

Carl

Have a look at this mate  - 

http://www.corkshipwrecks.net/irishnavy.html

OC.

Current builds  

28mm  Battle of Waterloo   attack on La Haye Saint   Diorama.

1/700  HMS Hood   Flyhawk   with  PE, Resin  and Wood Decking.

Completed works.

Dragon 1/700 HMS Edinburgh type 42 batch 3 Destroyer plastic.

HMS Warspite Academy 1/350 plastic kit and wem parts.

HMS Trafalgar Airfix 1/350 submarine  plastic.

Black Pearl  1/72  Revell   with  pirate crew.

Revell  1/48  Mosquito  B IV

Eduard  1/48  Spitfire IX

ICM    1/48   Seafire Mk.III   Special Conversion

1/48  Kinetic  Sea Harrier  FRS1

32 minutes ago, Jack12477 said:

OC, that's the same link I posted.  Problem must be at COG's end.

Sorry for that jack  call it a senior moment  or the tele  getting me disstracted.

OC.

Current builds  

28mm  Battle of Waterloo   attack on La Haye Saint   Diorama.

1/700  HMS Hood   Flyhawk   with  PE, Resin  and Wood Decking.

Completed works.

Dragon 1/700 HMS Edinburgh type 42 batch 3 Destroyer plastic.

HMS Warspite Academy 1/350 plastic kit and wem parts.

HMS Trafalgar Airfix 1/350 submarine  plastic.

Black Pearl  1/72  Revell   with  pirate crew.

Revell  1/48  Mosquito  B IV

Eduard  1/48  Spitfire IX

ICM    1/48   Seafire Mk.III   Special Conversion

1/48  Kinetic  Sea Harrier  FRS1

OC, less hard liquor :)

'arry, ain't that Aussie clever :D

Jack, must 'ave been an 'ickup at the server. Can get it now. Sorry old boy, unfortunately not much of interest for me to build in that list

Carl

15 minutes ago, cog said:

Sorry old boy, unfortunately not much of interest for me to build in that list

I know !  You just love those old rust buckets ! ;)

• 2 years later...

IMG_7452.JPG

that detail is stunning, sorry just could not do that in 1/350

Edited by Kevin

Its all part of Kev's journey, bit like going to the dark side, but with the lights on

All the best

Kevin :omg:

SAY NO TO PIRACY. SUPPORT ORIGINAL IDEAS AND MANUFACTURERS.
KEEP IT REAL!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On the build table

HMS Indefatigable 1794 by Kevin - Vanguard Models - 1:64 - Feb 2023 

HMHS Britannic by Kevin 

SD 14  - Marcle Models - 1/70 - March 2022 -  Bluebell - Flower Class - Revel - 1/72   U552 German U Boat - Trumpeter - 1/48  Amerigo Vespucci     1/84 - Panart-   HMS Enterprise  -CAF -  1/48     

Finished     

St-Nectan-Mountfleet-models-steam-trawler-1/32 - Completed June 2020

HMS Victory - Caldercraft/Jotika - 1/72 - Finished   Dorade renamed Dora by Kevin - Amati - 1/20 - Completed March 2021 

Stage Coach 1848 - Artesania Latina - 1/10 -Finished Lady Eleanor by Kevin - FINISHED - Vanguard Models - 1/64 - Fifie fishing boat

Kevin, you can, it just takes time. HMAS Vendetta is quite doable, the larger ships are a different matter as there are so many repetitive actions, e.g. making 28 tripple AA guns of a 32 parts gun. Getting older has it's problems too, because you get headaches more easily from staring at those minute pieces, but if you take a break at regular intervals, again it should be doable.

Carl

10 hours ago, Kevin said:

that detail is stunning, sorry just could not do that in 1/350

Neither can I, I'm learning this on the Gwin, it looks beautiful, and yes it takes time, but also skills and lessons learned brought forward from the past....

Some of us just don't have it, we aspire to it, willing to do the work to get us there, but there is nothing short of absolute experience to get to that level of building.....

Some of us (like me) will never get there...

Current Build: F-86F-30 Sabre by Egilman - Kinetic - 1/32nd scale

In the Garage: East Bound & Down, Building a Smokey & the Bandit Kenworth Rig in 1/25th scale

Completed: M8A1 HST  1930 Packard Boattail Speedster  M1A1 75mm Pack Howitzer  F-4J Phantom II Bell H-13's P-51B/C

Temporary Suspension: USS Gwin DD-433  F-104C Starfighter "Blue Jay Four" 1/32nd Scale

Terminated Build: F-104C Starfighter

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:

"Relish Today, Ketchup Tomorrow"