HMS Winchelsea 1764 by Rustyj - FINISHED - 1:48

Well done, Rusty!

John

Member: Hampton Roads Ship Model Society

Current Builds: Tugboat Dorothy  Newport News Shipbuilding Hull #1 (complete)

Iron Clad Monitor (complete) 

Sardine Carrier which I will Name Mary Ann (complete)

Pilot Boat John H. Estill Newport News Shipbuilding Hull #12 (my avatar)

Harbor tug Susan Moran

Coast Guard 100' patrol boat

Congratulations, Rusty! A stunning model! You should feel very proud. Thank you for sharing your journey.

Jim 

Current Build: HMS Winchelsea, Model Shipways Mayflower 

Completed Builds: NRG Half Hull Project  

Model Shipways 18th Century Armed Longboat

Dumas 1954 Chris Craft 36' Commander

Dumas 1940 Chris Craft 19' Barrel Back

Thank you Greg. Your kind words are very appreciated.

Also thank you so much Dave, Steve20, Steve, John and Jim.

Chris your work with pear was an inspiration to me.

Thank you all for stopping by and the likes.

On a side note I spent the last couple of days doing a deep cleaning of all the cabinets, drawers and counters here in the shop. Rediscovering items I forgot I had and items I wondered why I still had.

I also will be out of touch for a couple of weeks. Going on a two week journey across the pond to England, Scotland and Wales with the Admiral. For all of my friends in the UK, watch out for the crazy American trying to drive on the wrong side of the road! 🤣 :D 🚑

See you later!

Rusty

"So Long For Now" B) 

Current Builds: Speedwell

Completed Build Logs:  HMS Winchelsea 1/48   Duchess of Kingston USF Confederacy , US Brig Syren , Triton Cross Section , Bomb Vessel Cross SectionCutter CheerfulQueen Anne Barge, Medway Longboat

Completed Build Gallery: Brig Syren , 1870 Mississippi Riverboat , 1949 Chris-Craft 19' Runabout

I've really enjoyed following your work Rusty.
And indeed I will be looking for inspiration in your log for a long time to come
because my Winie is far from finished.
So, congratulations on the completion of a beautiful model.
Now I wish you a nice vacation
and I look forward to your new building diary.

Dusan

Currently building:

HMS Winchelsea 1764 by westwood - 1:48

Revenge 1577 - by westwood - 1:64

In preparation:

Fourth-rate ship 1681 - 1:48

Congratulations Rusty! She’s beautiful. It’s been wonderful following your build and very inspiring as a fellow Winnie builder. Looking forward to your next project.

JJ

Current Builds: HMS Winchelsea 1764 1:48 - 5th rate 32 gun frigate (on hold for now)

HMS Portland 1770 Prototype 1:48 - 4th rate 50 gun ship

• 2 weeks later...

I all. Well, we made it back without any serious issues driving though the Admiral nearly ripped the door handle off a time or two! ;) 

We had a wonderful time and as astonishing as it might seem two weeks in England, Scotland and Wales and NO RAIN! Umbrellas and raincoats stayed tucked away. I must say that though she's undergoing an overhaul, touring the Victory was simply fabulous!

Thank you Frank for your kind words.

On 5/24/2023 at 12:29 PM, Trussben said:

just remember the rule “ steering wheel in the middle of the road” and you will be fine!

Thanks Ben. Yep sound advice but that look right first thing either pulling out or crossing the road almost got me a couple of times.😲

Thank you Dusan, I look forward to continuing to following your build.

Thank you JJ. Again I'll continue to enjoy your build and also your new project!

Again thank you to all of you who have followed along, supported and liked throughout this thoroughly enjoyable project.

Rusty

"So Long For Now" B) 

Completed Build Logs:  HMS Winchelsea 1/48   Duchess of Kingston USF Confederacy , US Brig Syren , Triton Cross Section , Bomb Vessel Cross SectionCutter CheerfulQueen Anne Barge, Medway Longboat

Completed Build Gallery: Brig Syren , 1870 Mississippi Riverboat , 1949 Chris-Craft 19' Runabout

Thank you for the kind words Don!

Rusty

"So Long For Now" B)