thanks.......took 'em out of my book mark list ;) 

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller
Phylly C & Denny-Zen - the Lobsie twins - bashed & semi scratch dual build

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Billing's Gothenborg 1:100 / Billing's Boulogne Etaples 1:20
Billing's Half Moon 1:40 - some scratch required
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400
Trawler Syborn - semi scratch / Holiday Harbor dual build - semi scratch

May be some other issues as well. It appears that they are still active on their utube channel as of five days ago. Their website lists a different address than the link provided above.

https://www.castyouranchorhobby.com/companyinfo

I did try calling them from here in the US and received a recording that said they were open but unable to answer the phone and to leave a message.

Having said that though, if they have not responded back from a PayPal inquiry then it appears that they are not a company to be trusted even if they are still in business. Hope you get your money back at least. 

Edited by lmagna

Lou

Build logs: Colonial sloop Providence 1/48th scale kit bashed from AL Independence

Currant builds:

Constructo Brigantine Sentinel (Union) (On hold)

Minicraft 1/350 Titanic (For the Admiral)

1/350 Heavy Cruiser USS Houston (Resin)

Currant research/scratchbuild:

Schooner USS Lanikai/Hermes

Non ship build log:

1/35th UH-1H Huey

There's another discussion from about a year ago that mentions problems with them.

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

Hello Messis

I wish I had known that you were trying to call them internationally. Next time you feel a need to do that to a company in the US or Canada please give me a PM and let me do it for you. I can call anywhere in the US or Canada for free. Well it does cost me, but it is part of my bill/plan and does not cost me any extra. I can act as your agent for free. There is no reason when you belong to an international forum like this one that you should have to run up a big bill trying to deal with deadbeat vendors in another country. In fact there is even a possibility that there is even a member who lives close enough to knock on their door and get some results that are useful to you.

I do wish things had gone better for you though. I know that sometimes the item is more important than the actual cost lost in getting it, and when you don't get it you either have to try again elsewhere or do without. Hopefully you can find what you wanted elsewhere.

Lou

Build logs: Colonial sloop Providence 1/48th scale kit bashed from AL Independence

Currant builds:

Non ship build log:

1/35th UH-1H Huey

@Imagna thats nice of you. Actually I got a refund from paypal but cost of calling Ireland and Ontario I suppose cover over the 37 dollars. In the mean time Cornwall Model in uk were friendly, quicker and cheaper and so I got the parts I need.

• 1 month later...
5 hours ago, mtdoramike said:

Lou, you are top notch as well.

Thanks Mike. I think my wife and kids would differ with you though.

Lou

Currant builds:

Non ship build log:

1/35th UH-1H Huey

• 1 month later...

This is interesting information....I have NEVER had any issues with Cast Your Anchor...and I've been dealing with them for years.

Sad if it's true.

Rob

Current build:

Build log: https://modelshipworld.com/topic/25382-glory-of-the-seas-medium-clipper-1869-by-rwiederrich-196

Finished build:

Build log: of 1/128th Great Republic: http://modelshipworld.com/index.php/topic/13740-great-republic-by-rwiederrich-four-masted-extreme-clipper-1853/#

Current build(On hold):

Build log: 1/96  Donald McKay:http://modelshipworld.com/index.php?/topic/4522-donald-mckay-medium-clipper-by-rwiederrich-1855/

Completed build:  http://modelshipworld.com/index.php?/gallery/album/475-196-cutty-sark-plastic/

The LORD said, "See, I have set (them) aside...with skills of all kinds, to make artistic designs for work in gold, silver, and bronze, to cut and set stones, to work in wood, and to engage in all kinds of crafts."