Amerigo Vespucci by ken3335 - Panart - 1/84 scale

• 4 months later...

where are you @ken3335 im a week from getting on with mine

Its all part of Kev's journey, bit like going to the dark side, but with the lights on

All the best

Kevin :omg:

SAY NO TO PIRACY. SUPPORT ORIGINAL IDEAS AND MANUFACTURERS.
KEEP IT REAL!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On the build table

HMS Indefatigable 1794 by Kevin - Vanguard Models - 1:64 - Feb 2023 

HMHS Britannic by Kevin 

SD 14  - Marcle Models - 1/70 - March 2022 -  Bluebell - Flower Class - Revel - 1/72   U552 German U Boat - Trumpeter - 1/48  Amerigo Vespucci     1/84 - Panart-   HMS Enterprise  -CAF -  1/48     

Finished     

St-Nectan-Mountfleet-models-steam-trawler-1/32 - Completed June 2020

HMS Victory - Caldercraft/Jotika - 1/72 - Finished   Dorade renamed Dora by Kevin - Amati - 1/20 - Completed March 2021 

Stage Coach 1848 - Artesania Latina - 1/10 -Finished Lady Eleanor by Kevin - FINISHED - Vanguard Models - 1/64 - Fifie fishing boat

6 hours ago, ken3335 said:

however I completed my comprehensive log on Ships of Scale.

Ken, are you familiar with the following and SOS's acceptance of pirate kit manufactures? 

Ken I am sad to say has left our forum...he doesnt post here anymore.  He prefers to be active on SOS and post over there....as he has been following many logs over there.  Ken is someone who never posted on anyones build log but his own on MSW....the kiss of death for getting no activity in their own logs.

You guys must remember how often I say that is a big mistake if you want others to show an interest in your build log you must at least make a small attempt to show an interest in logs of others as well.

So he has gone to SOS where they are so desperate for members that new folks are love bombed in their logs by the same two or three staff members.  I guess that is all it takes.

I implore all MSW members to reach outside of their own logs and show some attention to other MSW members if they want some reciprocal attention paid to their own projects.   

22 hours ago, Keith Black said:

Ken, are you familiar with the following and SOS's acceptance of pirate kit manufactures? 

He is very familiar Keith.....it doesnt matter

Chuck, thank you. I hope the door knob didn't hit Ken in the backside when he left the building. It's a shame when folks refuse to accept the obvious. 

Hi, I have never bought or built a Chinese kit of any kind and I don’t intend to, even those that are deemed acceptable, It is out of personal choice not because of anyone’s policy. The reason I stopped doing my log here was that there was so little interest and no interaction that it didn’t seem to be worth the effort, I tried SOS and there was a good reception and lots of interaction and advice, I now have many interesting people following my builds. I have also completed an Amati log and am currently doing another Euromodel build on SOS, not Chinese. If that excludes me from this site I am saddened, I am a modeller and don’t want to get involved in other peoples politics, it’s a sure way to put people off.

Ken

3 hours ago, ken3335 said:

Hi, I have never bought or built a Chinese kit of any kind and I don’t intend to, even those that are deemed acceptable, It is out of personal choice not because of anyone’s policy. The reason I stopped doing my log here was that there was so little interest and no interaction that it didn’t seem to be worth the effort, I tried SOS and there was a good reception and lots of interaction and advice, I now have many interesting people following my builds. I have also completed an Amati log and am currently doing another Euromodel build on SOS, not Chinese. If that excludes me from this site I am saddened, I am a modeller and don’t want to get involved in other peoples politics, it’s a sure way to put people off.

Ken

Nobody said you were excluded. That's your own extrapolation.

Maybe the reason you also didn't post here was you couldn't log in for months after successive failed login attempts and lockouts. If you'd contacted via the form, I could've fixed that immediately for you, but never mind.

Posting on SOS does not preclude your ability to post here. We have lots of dual members, and no one even suggested you were building/bought a Chinese kit. Where did that come from? Someone only mentioned that SOS is a harbour for those who want to build them. 

I do agree about the doorknob on the backside comment. That was uncalled for.

If you ever want to post any further work here, then feel free. No one is stopping you. You might also get more interaction on your own log if you venture outside of it and comment on others too. Just sayin'.

15 hours ago, Keith Black said:

I hope the door knob didn't hit Ken in the backside when he left the building.

Ken, I apologize for the above comment. I thought you had left MSW for SOS because of MSW's policy on piracy. I'll delete that portion of my post should it be felt that doing so severs in the best interest of the MSW community. But I stand by my statement "It's a shame when folks refuse to accept the obvious."  

I am a MSW/NGR member and by being a member it can be safely assumed that I support the policies of MSW/NGR. The assumption can also be made that members of SOS support SOS policies. One of SOS's policies is that pirated kits are acceptable. 

• 9 months later...

Hello Ken,

On your post #12, third photo down, did you scratch build the axes on the black shields, or did these come in the kit?  If brass, did they come in one of the small plastic envelopes?  I'm having trouble finding them (probably do to their size).

Thank you,

Don

2 hours ago, Kelp said:

Hello Ken,

On your post #12, third photo down, did you scratch build the axes on the black shields, or did these come in the kit?  If brass, did they come in one of the small plastic envelopes?  I'm having trouble finding them (probably do to their size).

Thank you,

Don

i just had a look to see if i put mine on, 

they were a very thin red wood veneer

IMG_7036.JPG

Its all part of Kev's journey, bit like going to the dark side, but with the lights on

All the best

Kevin :omg:

SAY NO TO PIRACY. SUPPORT ORIGINAL IDEAS AND MANUFACTURERS.
KEEP IT REAL!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On the build table

HMS Indefatigable 1794 by Kevin - Vanguard Models - 1:64 - Feb 2023 

HMHS Britannic by Kevin 

SD 14  - Marcle Models - 1/70 - March 2022 -  Bluebell - Flower Class - Revel - 1/72   U552 German U Boat - Trumpeter - 1/48  Amerigo Vespucci     1/84 - Panart-   HMS Enterprise  -CAF -  1/48     

Finished     

St-Nectan-Mountfleet-models-steam-trawler-1/32 - Completed June 2020

HMS Victory - Caldercraft/Jotika - 1/72 - Finished   Dorade renamed Dora by Kevin - Amati - 1/20 - Completed March 2021 

Stage Coach 1848 - Artesania Latina - 1/10 -Finished Lady Eleanor by Kevin - FINISHED - Vanguard Models - 1/64 - Fifie fishing boat

• 1 month later...

Hi Ken,

I see you also had the brass plating pieces for the upper part of the hull (see post #22).  The drawings say to cut out the square scuppers with an exacto blade.  This Seems a little dangerous.  Is this how you cut out the scuppers or did you use another method?  Also, I did a dry fit of the plates around the bow and the fit seems to be off a little.  Did you need to reshape these brass pieces around the bow?

Thanks,

Don

Hi Kelp, For the ports I first drilled a hole then filed it out to shape, I don’t remember having an issue with the brass around the hull, it’s a while now since I built it but I’ve just had a look at mine and it seems to have gone around the bow neatly. 

On another note I don’t follow MSW site any more so if you could use the other site you will find my complete build log there.

Regards,  Ken

• 1 year later...

I purchased 4 partial kits of this model ship from Pan Art and want to complete a simplified version of your incredible model.

I don't know the the outside dimensions of the port holes as these were not included in the kits I did buy.

Can you tell me the outside diameter of these since I will need to purchase these separately?
Greatly appreciate your help especially the incredible post that you provided regarding your project.

Hoping it turns out half as good as yours

Sincerely

Tom Reich