B 25J Mitchell Revell 1:48 by Popeye the Sailor - done as PBJ - 1J finished

7 hours ago, popeye the sailor said:

I'll keep you updated as to what comes of it  ;)

Good luck, I hope you can make it happen.

I looked the set up and he still has it listed and that he has 4 conversion sets available. I would think that all you would need to do is buy another set and see if he ships them this time. He refunded your money last time so he seems to be a reliable seller and not prone to ripping you off. He does list a VERY LONG shipping time though, (Feb 9- March 8th!) at this point.

Here is another option, and it is located here in the US. It is not as extensive as the conversion kit out of Korea but it is somewhat less expensive. https://www.ebay.com/itm/Accurate-Miniatures-1-48-b25-MITCHELL-3430-9000-COWL-ASSY-595944/154200203680?hash=item23e70c61a0:g:A8MAAOSwxF5ftJxK

Or this option from the same guy in Kentucky at the same price but with more parts. https://www.ebay.com/itm/B-25G-Mitchell-Accurate-Miniatures-3432-1-48-SPRUE-PARTS-595947/393021332575?hash=item5b81e59c5f:g:yOYAAOSwJ9RftJwe

It looks like it has all of the parts the Korea set has without the additional weapons tree.

Or under curtain #3 at a lot more money, you could get an additional bomber kit that contains the conversion kit and build both planes.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Accurate-Miniatures-1-48-B-25C-D-Mitchell-w-B-25G-Conversion-Kit-Sealed/143593926287?epid=2254505978&hash=item216edd6e8f:g:XNwAAOSwIWxerCkz

Edited by lmagna

Lou

Build logs: Colonial sloop Providence 1/48th scale kit bashed from AL Independence

Currant builds:

Constructo Brigantine Sentinel (Union) (On hold)

Minicraft 1/350 Titanic (For the Admiral)

1/350 Heavy Cruiser USS Houston (Resin)

Currant research/scratchbuild:

Schooner USS Lanikai/Hermes

Non ship build log:

1/35th UH-1H Huey

thanks Lou......I haven't heard from the gut yet,  so this will come in handy :)   I did some look'in,  but was hitting a dry hole......just articles and reviews.

as you heard.......I'll have to sweet talk the admiral......I'll keep you posted ;) 

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller
Phylly C & Denny-Zen - the Lobsie twins - bashed & semi scratch dual build

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Billing's Gothenborg 1:100 / Billing's Boulogne Etaples 1:20
Billing's Half Moon 1:40 - some scratch required
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400
Trawler Syborn - semi scratch / Holiday Harbor dual build - semi scratch

1 hour ago, popeye the sailor said:

I'll have to sweet talk the admiral

That's 100% of the battle! You may have to throw in a honey-do or two as well. I think the last time I tried it she ended up with a diamond and I got the item I wanted. Clearly I lack ability in the bargaining department.:blush: 

Lou

Build logs: Colonial sloop Providence 1/48th scale kit bashed from AL Independence

Currant builds:

Non ship build log:

1/35th UH-1H Huey

5 hours ago, lmagna said:

That's 100% of the battle! You may have to throw in a honey-do or two as well. I think the last time I tried it she ended up with a diamond and I got the item I wanted. Clearly I lack ability in the bargaining department.:blush: 

I found a diamond is worth quite a few "oh its something I needed "😏

Current builds;

Henry Ramey Upcher 1:25

Providence whaleboat- 1:25     HMS Winchelsea 1764 1:48 

Completed:

HM Cutter Sherbourne- 1:64- finished    Triton cross section scratch- 1:60 - finished 

Non ship:  SBD-3 Dauntless 1:48 Hasegawa -FINISHED

On 9/15/2020 at 11:11 PM, popeye the sailor said:

I love games where I can use a sword and bow.......the bow is good for some gorilla warfare.  I love the Diablo series,  but I also play the Gothic series and Divine Divinity.  through the years, we've collected several different consoles.......NES,  super NES.......and my favorite, Playstation....just a few of them.   I have some old DOS games that I'd love to get into........but it's a pain to do all the command prompts just to get into the games.

Denis Son and I were discussing this the other night some of the old games made for FAT32 files that even with the right codecs do not seem to play that will with the newer windows.He mentioned going to Steam buy the game for $10 and it's already formatted for your computer Hasbro's B-17 Flying Fortress was great you could play any position on the plane  or a fighter Allied or Axis!I was flying a P-51 one time on a quick mission came up a couple 262's cruising home they never saw me when I took the one I flew through the fireball with part of the fuselage going above the canopy.If you let the game run in normal time if you went deep into Germany it might take 8 hrs getting there. ;) Kevin

You remember one that was a shareware hot seller, Pacific Aces I think it was called, came on a 5.25 floppy... 

Edited by Egilman

Current Build: F-86F-30 Sabre by Egilman - Kinetic - 1/32nd scale

In the Garage: East Bound & Down, Building a Smokey & the Bandit Kenworth Rig in 1/25th scale

Completed: M8A1 HST  1930 Packard Boattail Speedster  M1A1 75mm Pack Howitzer  F-4J Phantom II Bell H-13's P-51B/C

Temporary Suspension: USS Gwin DD-433  F-104C Starfighter "Blue Jay Four" 1/32nd Scale

Terminated Build: F-104C Starfighter

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:

"Relish Today, Ketchup Tomorrow"

9 minutes ago, Egilman said:

You remember one that was a shareware hot seller, Pacific Aces I think it was called, came on a 5.25 floppy..

I remember Pacific Aces on a disc from UbiSoft and it seem MicroSoft got into the act for little while but UbiSoft still even today through Steam with there Cliffs of Dover and many since are the leaders.The computer I am on now is still W7 duel processor(?) but not enough speed for Cliffs of Dover.My Son built one before he went to Japan Quad processors and Duel video cards in the closet I just hate W10 and having to transfer the info. ;)

basically,  all you need is the emulator to play old games.  I go to DopeROMs for NES,  super NES,  and other early platform games.  for other games,  one can go here:

Download Games | PC Games and Mac Game Downloads at Direct2Drive

in my early days of computer play,  I dealt a lot with DOS.  I have some games I'd love to play,  but they need to be formatted to the newer platforms.  I recently got Diablo 1 to play on windows 8.1  I did happen on a site that deals with DOS games......haven't looked into it yet though

DOSBox, an x86 emulator with DOS

I also have a program that keeps windows 10 from barging into my computer...at one time,  they geared it to self install when windows XP {my favorite} got old and windows 7 took over...somewhere around that time frame.  a couple of Christmas's ago,  the admiral got me another platform that will allow me to watch movies,  and play the older games on newer televisions....it's the absolute rage! :ph34r:   I can watch movies that haven't even gotten to DVD yet.....hot off the press ;) 

I'm not a fan of steam.......too much can be found for free.   that's like Warcraft........why but the game,  and then have to pay for the platform to run it......silly if you ask me.  I'm not a fan of sims either......mostly hack 'n slash and first person shooters.   I love a game that has a lot of puzzles.

I'll be back.............

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400

had to step out for a while...........what I wanted to tell ya is that a replacement part is on it's way......will be here by Saturday if the post works the way it's supposed to.  I also found and down loaded the Accurate miniatures instruction sheet for this model,  in the event I can use any of the other parts that are on the sprue.  very happy camper..........hopefully I have some Navy blue..........

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:

well! :)  after quite a chase the USPS gave me,  the conversion kit is finally here!   it should have been here the week of Christmas......:blink:.   a huge thanks to Lou for pointing me in the right direction!

1229781754_1.jpg.dfa8212f354ddfafda2c567a50d59c4e.jpg

this sprue comes from the Accurate Miniatures kit of the B 25.   I will need to alter the nacelles to fit the flap/firewall part.

529696741_2.jpg.329ecffe2240bcec6089fba18507efd1.jpg

I will likely use both of them so they will look matched....as mentioned,  I downloaded a copy of the Accurate miniatures kit instructions,  to see if there are other parts I can use.  I need to do a few things first before I can get back to her,  but it's a good feeling to know there is light at the end of this tunnel  :) 

168194398_3.jpg.796b75478f6bea40aa8ab5bd273a0c96.jpg

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:

Good to know you can get back on here Denis.

OC.

Current builds  

28mm  Battle of Waterloo   attack on La Haye Saint   Diorama.

1/700  HMS Hood   Flyhawk   with  PE, Resin  and Wood Decking.

Completed works.

Dragon 1/700 HMS Edinburgh type 42 batch 3 Destroyer plastic.

HMS Warspite Academy 1/350 plastic kit and wem parts.

HMS Trafalgar Airfix 1/350 submarine  plastic.

Black Pearl  1/72  Revell   with  pirate crew.

Revell  1/48  Mosquito  B IV

Eduard  1/48  Spitfire IX

ICM    1/48   Seafire Mk.III   Special Conversion

1/48  Kinetic  Sea Harrier  FRS1

thanks.....won't be long,  I hope  :) 

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:

here is some progress on the Devil Dog.  the first observation was that there are differences between the two manufacturers..........

1220807283_1.jpg.77c54576ff40b7af9c0194edd185fa73.jpg

...not as thick.......the plastic is not as thick either.   no guide hole for the engine part......I can orient the engine using the original part.  the big difference is the back of the part......it or the narcelle will need to be modified.

1813054604_2.jpg.afd4161643b179a1b2ae6fc30a01c2cf.jpg

that's OK though.........we have ways to make things fit.......... :ph34r:

2006345077_3.jpg.2219e0e6d1459990ed9eea8989149646.jpg

the face of the narcelles needed to be sanded to flatten them out....they are a bit on the concave side.   drilled out,  they fit on there alright.......the circumference is around 1/32 of an inch larger,  but centering them was not too hard.

98056462_4.jpg.d9d086681016468a6a9b2dee99d3a447.jpg

I will use the Accurate Miniatures cowls.......if I had the engines,  I'd have used them too.  the gap on top looked like an issue early on,  but there is a part on the sprue that will take care of it.  I will need to cut the part{s} to fill the gaps.

1073251227_5.jpg.d5cf9b622b172bf87175afe299129747.jpg

755718548_6.jpg.6bc97cbd0d797853a25bdb1b4d65b01d.jpg

the engine was centered with the cowl in place.  the tabs were cut off and the mating surface was sanded flat.

1649176378_8.jpg.404ead48d145b22e6fc29ebde798c5d5.jpg

both engines have been fitted now........

1284768028_9.jpg.5fcc88b2836a03216e5c4a57bebe2453.jpg

1922269983_10.jpg.a9a023dd54c35936c9fe9deeb60400f7.jpg

I'm thinking I should have cut out the gear doors.........     

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:

Good save with the engines and nacelles, Denis. 😁

Our hindsight is always 20/20. Can you glue the struts in with just the openings you have?

Ken

Started: MS Bounty Longboat,

On Hold:  Heinkel USS Choctaw paper

Down the road: Shipyard HMC Alert 1/96 paper, Mamoli Constitution Cross, MS USN Picket Boat #1

Scratchbuild: Echo Cross Section

Member Nautical Research Guild

Glad to see that you were able to make the nacelles work Denis.

Lou

Currant builds:

Non ship build log:

1/35th UH-1H Huey

1 hour ago, Canute said:

Good save with the engines and nacelles, Denis. 😁

Our hindsight is always 20/20. Can you glue the struts in with just the openings you have?

Usually they are just a shaft sticking out the closed gear doors the support structure in contained completely inside the nacelles... the last one I built the revell B-25 B the mains had to be installed when the nacelle halves were glued together.... but the Monogram may be different....

Current Build: F-86F-30 Sabre by Egilman - Kinetic - 1/32nd scale

In the Garage: East Bound & Down, Building a Smokey & the Bandit Kenworth Rig in 1/25th scale

Completed: M8A1 HST  1930 Packard Boattail Speedster  M1A1 75mm Pack Howitzer  F-4J Phantom II Bell H-13's P-51B/C

Temporary Suspension: USS Gwin DD-433  F-104C Starfighter "Blue Jay Four" 1/32nd Scale

Terminated Build: F-104C Starfighter

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:

"Relish Today, Ketchup Tomorrow"

I would have to look at earlier posts gents,  but I think we discussed this already.........the doors were to be left in the closed position.  for Christmas,  I got the MPC 'profile Series' B 25,  1:72 scale.   truth be told,  I've been working on it........I do have pictures,  and will start a log on her.  this kit doesn't have the belly turret,  so it could easily be made into a B 25B.   the Accurate Miniatures  instruction sheet I downloaded are for the B 25B.....they show the Dolittle raiders.   I'm looking for the kit {not diligently,  but if I see it.......well :ph34r:}.   the sprue I got,  does not come from this particular kit,  because the part numbers don't jive......most of the parts are not shown either.  the belly turret is odd........neither the MPC kit,  or the Revell kit show that the plane has one.  the profile series kit does not show its version......B,  C,  H,  J..........the Revell kit is of the J version.  I will look into which variant had one........there are some kits that do supply a 'plug' for the belly turret opening.

I did a bit more work on the nacelles,  bridging the gap on the top.  on the sprue,  there are parts that will do the job.

135317977_1.jpg.0072e1260c1f1560b56e1ffcda933aca.jpg

removing the two parts,  they were cut to create the bridge

976291342_2.jpg.f60375ca403b739aee8632e936ed784d.jpg

they were sanded and trimmed to fit.........they worked like a charm  :) 

1553847673_3.jpg.6de6ee1a02b453eaad6b3f3c0bcd9091.jpg

314291808_4.jpg.c33b91ecaf13e692613d00321a466109.jpg

the next step with this model will be paint.  I'll see what I have....I'm sure I have some blue kick'in 'round here somewhere..........

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:

Looking good Denis, those engine parts look the business.

OC.

Current builds  

Completed works.

thanks :)   it took a bit of doing,  but I managed to get the airbrush fired up.  for some reason,  it wouldn't spray....I later found that if the bottle was tilted back a tiny bit,  bringing the nozzle close to the cap orifice,  it would spray like normal.  I may need to buy another EZ airbrush...they are fairly cheap.    of course through All the fidgeting,  my fingers are all blue :blink:

1600247797_5.jpg.41db06ca274b9a53acfc79e863f53c3d.jpg

1006217139_6.jpg.812b2dc61e8ac0dcc0a4eb9288b3e8a4.jpg

I should have taken this picture again........the flash put a different hue on it

211844791_7.jpg.e006ebd9d2dc71c51c262b2b10cc8f67.jpg

I have plenty of this color..........more to come  :) 

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:

Carful if you need to go out with those Blue fingers  - people will think its Frost Bite mate.

OC.

Current builds  

Completed works.

no worries OC........I just did the dishes {last night} and most of it is gone.   .......one of the benefits of Dawn dishwashing liquid  ;)   so this marks the end to the parts dilemma....the project is back on track!  I'm a very happy camper :)   earlier yesterday when I was painting,  I was a bit apprehensive about the color,  but now that I see the bulk....I feel better.  I started to work on it again at my desk.......but I quickly got the sense that this project has grown to be too big for the space.  so I moved it to the third table.  I did some touch ups to remove what overspray there was........later thinking that once the fuselage is joined together,  most of it won't be seen.  here is the state of the project at this time.

117790309_1.jpg.f6d3bc1009b6efd26501b671b30c504b.jpg

I laid down some paper towel to keep scratches at bay......the paint covered really good.  the bomb bay was cemented in place now that the fuselage is painted fully.

373539061_2.jpg.b76bfcd8a1a3f0d81f21a8ac20b7247a.jpg

the insides of the nacelles have been painted and the nose gear has been cemented in place.  once that's dry,  it too will be cemented in the fuselage  half.

2110911314_3.jpg.8791912dac9524f374759a97237fd43b.jpg

when the nacelles are dry,  they will be added to the wings.  the engines have been touched up......silver or aluminum dry brushing will be done,  in prep for that to occur.  the topsides and undersides of the wings and tail have been painted

102728181_4.jpg.d0c697e60bc60204c86a59d466dfd434.jpg

another nice thing about the extra sprue,  is that I have a wider assortment of armaments to go with.......if one doesn't look good enough,  I'm sure another will ;) 

498448207_5.jpg.2a6a4b8867f443f03eacfc8a0b384c21.jpg  

...more to come :) 

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:

• 2 weeks later...

the build continues.......been doing a lot more painting since spraying the overall color.   I had painted the parts that make up the tail gunner position earlier.........the guns were assembled so they could move up and down....glad I did it.   with the assembly together,  cementing on the 'canvas' tail cap would have been a trial.

1552437333_1.jpg.b897976692a044d746380084b7c5b685.jpg

the part below is from the Accurate Miniatures set that I received,  and of no consequence.   I have been at my desk as well,  tinkering with another B 25 kit {I'll get into that later ;) }........but I was also working on one of my brainpharts when I build what I did of this kit.  I had assembled the gun turret complete with the glass......I forgot I needed to paint the framework.  so using my method with the strip tape,  I got that task done without having to take it off.

324025038_2.jpg.37cdf8ba9363ccd9801d2469bb2d79e0.jpg

1551603102_3.jpg.c252decea15298e3ff1513fb7f804e59.jpg

I think it was Ed that built this kit.......I liked the way he painted the control sticks,  so I did mine the same way.  the bombs were painted too :) 

589239910_4.jpg.d165451fb443e369e589d059124025bc.jpg

here's a shot of the tail gunner's position interior........

389889508_5.jpg.6ba09b6c614795bc6d7ee37af15c6ba6.jpg

...and a somewhat revealing shot of the cockpit

1993237542_6.jpg.ec4dd1c45138151e082d586cad0bb597.jpg

1004026886_7.jpg.cf157d721bf92bf31b752d7086cc75a5.jpg

the cockpit in place,  in the fuselage.....

2134288669_8.jpg.9ba619f4f7c7f5a1448c79d310600884.jpg

403584017_9.jpg.c360d6f26506eacd013d62cf744ce63e.jpg

...more to come :) 

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:

Coming along really nicely!  Very well done!

Mike

Current Wooden builds:  Amati/Victory Pegasus  MS Charles W. Morgan  Euromodel La Renommèe  

Plastic builds:    SB2U-1 Vindicator 1/48  Five Star Yaeyama 1/700  Pit Road Asashio and Akashi 1/700 diorama  Walrus 1/48 and Albatross 1/700  Special Hobby Buffalo 1/32  Eduard Sikorsky JRS-1 1/72  IJN Notoro 1/700  Akitsu Maru 1/700

Completed builds :  Caldercraft Brig Badger   Amati Hannah - Ship in Bottle  Pit Road Hatsuzakura 1/700   Hasegawa Shimakaze 1:350

F4B-4 and P-6E 1/72  Accurate Miniatures F3F-1/F3F-2 1/48  Tamiya F4F-4 Wildcat built as FM-1 1/48  Special Hobby Buffalo 1/48

Citroen 2CV 1/24 - Airfix and Tamiya  Entex Morgan 3-wheeler 1/16

Terminated build:  HMS Lyme (based on Corel Unicorn)  

On the shelf:  Euromodel Friedrich Wilhelm zu Pferde; Caldercraft Victory; too many plastic ship, plane and car kits

Future potential scratch builds:  HMS Lyme (from NMM plans); Le Gros Ventre (from Ancre monographs), Dutch ship from Ab Hoving book, HMS Sussex from McCardle book, Philadelphia gunboat (Smithsonian plans)

Good to see you making progress on this again Denis. It is coming out quite nice. 

Lou

Currant builds:

Non ship build log:

1/35th UH-1H Huey

got some more done on this 'ole girl.......got a baker's dozen to show yas ;)   as mentioned,  I've been painting parts that I haven't done yet.  there are a couple of braces to go on the main gears,  so I did that and repainted them too.  the cowls painted up nicely as well.

151958228_1.jpg.5f3d1e4cc640822283004f78fee3073c.jpg

the cheek guns were painted and set aside......funny that one of the guns has to be added into the equation.  it has been cemented in place on the port fuselage half.

87242933_2.jpg.f3d22ddc47794b3acec59fa10346701e.jpg

I also went ahead and cemented the turret and cockpit into the starboard half......I'll add the control sticks later,  as it's fairly assessable.

1882016211_3.jpg.625f28bb71a18f27a9e36ec9d5f273bc.jpg

there was one dilemma I had to figure out.   this kit really isn't set up to do a PBJ-1J.....it has the two different nose configurations,  but lacks the one for the PBJ.  so sorting the parts that will give me a convincing nose,  I went further with the assembly.  I had already assembled some of the bottom bucket for the nose section........taking the top half {which is glass - clear},  I will sand the window frame detail off and make it smooth.  the front part,  which is also clear {glass},  I will do the same thing to it.

88805644_4.jpg.99f0698b91d162c6254ec4c52f561a66.jpg

the top section cemented in place after the detail was sanded off.

1416231436_6.jpg.ab117c4c15599e2a4919c1ed3d97b64a.jpg

this isn't the correct front section......but it will have to do.  it's only missing one gun { the bullet nose configuration}.   I'm also working on the props,  which I brought to the desk {where I'm doing most of the painting and sanding}.   I also brought the cockpit glass and the tail gunner's glass to paint the framework.

390637208_7.jpg.1aec5b9ec370b49335a8691a42fb0bd3.jpg

this one is going to be a little complex for how I'm doing it,  but it gotta be done.   more parts have made it to the assembly area

693481427_8.jpg.8e72a7b833af75abe785de7fa182ed60.jpg

the nose section is fully assembled, aside from stuff'in the guns in there

659448486_9.jpg.0bcd4789be447778156cf85e994dca06.jpg

911383344_10.jpg.d406365c190b4dec40b0bdc77a72a781.jpg

1242582156_11.jpg.f7f9bfd13c0b368b418b419ccd603939.jpg

progress with painting the glass is going pretty good......only a few pho pars I have to correct...

81187964_12.jpg.789cd8c8c640bc33569c73ac7c9d35c7.jpg

1928545406_13.jpg.5db0d0465b8668ea2d5020d0a1e3a3c4.jpg

I've made it a little further with the cockpit glass......only the front left to do.  I'm almost done painting.........the assembly part is next  ;) 

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:

Some good progress there Denis.

OC.

Current builds  

Completed works.

thanks OC.......getting ready to take the admiral to her dentist appointment.  with the restrictions,  I can't sit in the waiting room,  so I might take a side trip to H.L.

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:

A man's gotta do what a man's gotta do. Take one for the team, Denis

Ken

Down the road: Shipyard HMC Alert 1/96 paper, Mamoli Constitution Cross, MS USN Picket Boat #1

I did :) .....got some decal set! ;)   this morning,  I started to fit the guns,  but they don't sit in the carriage straight........will need to modify  ;)  :ph34r:

she wanted me to go home and wait for her call,  but I mentioned taking the trip to H.L.   she said she wouldn't be in there that long..............right ;)   two teeth........she'll be in there for over an hour.  it took me a half hour to go to H.L. and back....and here I am.

Edited by popeye the sailor

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:

Double mission accomplished? Well done, sir! 👍

Ken