King of the Mississippi by Adrieke - FINISHED - Artesania Latina - Scale 1:80 - with LED lighting

Hello Adrieke

WOW, under the weather a bit and I have 10+ pages to catch up on.

Nice work on the lighting. and I'm glad you fixed that gap in the railing, nice fix. Dont you just feeel so much better after redoing something like that....and that fix was no where near as bad as the window reworking you did.

Tammy and I made it to Paducah Saturday and so we drove down to the river front. Paducah Ky was a big river port on the Ohio river with quite a history. The levee has been painted in historic murals and so I hope you dont mind if i post the Riverboat murals here. Thought you and the other riverboat fans might enjoy them.

There are alot more pitures of the river front and crossing the bridge, plus lots more murals on Paducah history, if anyone wants I could post them somewhere else.

Anyway here are the Riverboat murals, ENJOY :D

thank you Keith :) feels good when the extra work pays off :)

also thnak you for the murals they do look beautiful :)

Current builds : HMS Bounty, Constructo Pilar

Next build : undecided

On the Shelf : AL San Juan, Mamoli HMS Victory

Builds on hold : Ochre Gorch Fock, Hachette/Amati Black Pearl

Previous Builds Gallery : Virginia; King of Mississippi

Previous Builds logs : AL King of Mississippi 1/80

hmm my post from last night seems to be gone :(

sorry

will post it again tonight

i doubt it David . i am pretty sure the post was showing but no biggy sbut Sjors was so eager for piictures

he painted the popcorn black and used them as cannon balls Keith :P

here are the pictures again

paddlewheel is installed the side is holding for now and the wheel turns too :)

post-622-0-10581800-1370434030_thumb.jpgpost-622-0-49333700-1370434067_thumb.jpgpost-622-0-36193200-1370434073_thumb.jpg

did some work on the floors of the curved 3rd deck rooms

post-622-0-70006000-1370434055_thumb.jpgpost-622-0-89241300-1370434061_thumb.jpgpost-622-0-25643900-1370434079_thumb.jpg

not much progress tonight as I was watching state of origin :)

In that last picture, without the 3rd attached... it looks like you'd open the door and be in the river. LOL.

Nice work, so is the wheel crankshaft driven. Is that the reason for the slots in the floors, for shaft rotational movement.

I also find the dual sided verses the rear single wheel design's interesting. To me it seems the single wheel would not be as manuverable and with changing river sand bars.

When we took the camera to Paducah the other day I was hoping to get some pic's of the dredgers. The last few times we've been down there they've been dredging close to the bridge. I wonder when they started river dredging? and how common was riverboat's getting stuck on sand bars back in the day. I assume the KOM had a reverse for backing off sand bars though if needed.

thanks David :)

@ Keith yup thats why the door is locked for now dont want anyone falling in especialy after a few beers :P

and yes it would be driven like that . i ll get some side pictures that will show it better :) i actualy tought oif putting an electrical motor in wiht a crankshaft to make it work but they are all 3V and i would need to figure out how to slow it down enough so not this time. would be cool making one of these with a reall working steam engine :)

i suppose these things dont need to be that agile and stuck on sandbanks proabaly meant getting help from another ship

thanks Sjors i am happy with it :)

thanks Randy :)

if you ever do atleast you know all the errors there are and how to correct them :)

There's a lot of work gone into the paddle Adrieke, very well done, she's coming together nicely. :)  :)

mobbsie

mobbsie
All mistakes are deliberate ( me )

Current Build:- HMS Schooner Pickle

Completed Builds :-   Panart 1/16 Armed Launch / Pinnace ( Completed ),  Granado Cross Section 1/48

Harwich Bawley, Restoration,  Thames Barge Edme, Repair / Restoration,  Will Everard 1/67 Billings 

HMS Agamemnon 1781 - 1/64 Caldercraft KitHM Brig Badger,  HM Bomb Vessel Granado,
Thames Steam Launch Louise,  Thames Barge Edme,  Viking Dragon Boat

Next Build :-  

thanks David :)

thanks mobbsie lots of work and fun yup :)

today I finished adding the triangles on the head posts of the lower level with that I have now finished all steps to 34 out of a total of78 steps (photographs). of course since I didn't follow the instructions there are several steps after that I have already finished too :)

post-622-0-23573600-1370523403_thumb.jpg

I have also glued the steering cabin on to its deck . I cut a hole into the deck as initially that's how I would access the lights on the 3rd deck stateroom. however I changes tactics a bit and the whole deck together with steering cabin will be removable. this makes the hole now an access to the steering cabin lights wiring underneath which you can see a bit on the second picture below

post-622-0-97171700-1370523407_thumb.jpg

post-622-0-86331400-1370523411_thumb.jpg

tomorrow I will start on finishing the lower level railings . I will need to bend 4 strips of wood to follow the curve at the back of the ship

Adriaan, 

Looking fine! Coming together nicely.

And glad to see you back at work on your other project.....going to multi-task like Sjors????? :P :P :P

Cheers,

Jim

Completed      Robert E Lee, Misisssippi riverboat               

Completed,  HMS Victory Bow Section

Completed,  Wells Fargo Stagecoach...Picasa album.... 

Completed,  Lackawanna tugboat converted to private yacht...

Completed:  Sopwith Camel, 1:16 Scale, Model Airways...at another location...

Completed:  1961 Ferrari F-1 Sharknose

Completed: (sorta)  OcCre BR-18 Locomotive

Completed: 1/35 Pz.KPfw.III

Completed: Allerton Steam Pumper circa 1869

thanks Jim

yup I usually work on several projects at the same time. just lately this one has taken up most of my time.

yes I have started some work on the stagecoach. fixing the broken wheel which was why I had stopped working on here I ll get some pics on there as soon as I can :)

Very nice work Adriaan

Everything looks to be going nicely

I had a nice restful day fishing yesterday

Didn't even turn the computer on

Then out to lunch today so it has been two lazy days

I am, awaiting parts from OcCre though

Keep it up  :10_1_10: 

Mick

<p><strong><span style="font-family:'times new roman', times, serif;"><span style="font-size:18px;">Keep it up :10_1_10:</span></span><span style="font-size:18px;font-family:'times new roman', times, serif;"> </span></strong></p>

<p><strong><span style="font-size:18px;font-family:'times new roman', times, serif;">Mick</span></strong></p>

<p> </p>

<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><span style="font-family:'times new roman', times, serif;">Current Build --- Will Everard --- </span><a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='http://modelshipworld.com/index.php?/topic/3636-will-everard-by-micklen32-billing-boats-167/'>http://modelshipworld.com/index.php?/topic/3636-will-everard-by-micklen32-billing-boats-167/</a></span></p>

<p><span style="font-size:12px;">Current Build --- Endeavour --- <a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='http://modelshipworld.com/index.php?/topic/2804-hmb-endeavour-by-micklen32-occre-154/'>http://modelshipworld.com/index.php?/topic/2804-hmb-endeavour-by-micklen32-occre-154/</a></span></p>

<p> </p>

<p><span style="font-size:12px;">Completed --- Guitar --- <a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='http://micksjem.blogspot.co.uk/'>http://micksjem.blogspot.co.uk/</a></span></p>

<p><span style="font-size:12px;">Completed --- Barcelona Taxi --- <a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='http://micklen-taxi.blogspot.co.uk/'>http://micklen-taxi.blogspot.co.uk/</a></span></p>

<p><span style="font-size:12px;">Completed --- London Tram --- <a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='http://micklen-tram.blogspot.co.uk/'>http://micklen-tram.blogspot.co.uk/</a></span></p>

<p><span style="font-size:12px;">Completed --- OcCre Mississippi --- <a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='http://modelshipworld.com/index.php?/topic/1803-spirit-of-mississippi-by-micklen32-occre-180-a-hopefully-accurate-rendition/'>http://modelshipworld.com/index.php?/topic/1803-spirit-of-mississippi-by-micklen32-occre-180-a-hopefully-accurate-rendition/</a></span>

Adriaan, I love the wheel, looks like a riverboat more with it on....I so can't wait to see this completed!

Robbyn

If you risk nothing, you risk everything!

Current builds

Syren (Model Shipways) version 2.0

AL San Francisco II

Mordaunt (Euro Model)

Completed Builds

18th Century Longboat designed by Chuck Passaro

In the closet

Battle Station

Al Charles Morgan (1980s version)

thanks Tom. no worries i am on the home stretch i think :) which is good because 'endy' (endeavour) is winking at me to come and paint her :)

thanks Mick . yup still waiting on my parts from OcCre for the GF and going to mail them for my personal plaque :) . it is going well just a few things to figure out but i am confident i cna take those last few hurdles . whta i want done this weekend is finish those pesky brass triangles then i wont have to put her upside down again :)

thank Robbyn . yup been tempted for weeks to put it on but i knew with my clumsy hands i would break soemthing when fitting the back rails (and i did even without it on lol)

She is looking great. Looking forward to seeing more.

thanks Geoffrey . hope to show you lots more during this long weekend :)

You're definitely on the homestretch, Adriaan.  I'm looking forward to picture with all the decks in place and lights on.

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

well what a great long weekend been in bed/sleeping  most of the time as I haven't been feeling well :(

only thing I did was work on the stairs leading to the steering cabin. AL just makes you put 4 supports and then put the planks on it. doesn't make sense to me as the middle p[lank would have no support. so I crated a frame that supports them :)

post-622-0-85663100-1370826678_thumb.jpg