Sovereign of the Seas by Denis R - FINISHED - Mantua - 1:78 scale

Lovely work my friend, sorry to see a fine build coming to the end

Its all part of Kev's journey, bit like going to the dark side, but with the lights on

All the best

Kevin :omg:

SAY NO TO PIRACY. SUPPORT ORIGINAL IDEAS AND MANUFACTURERS.
KEEP IT REAL!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On the build table

HMS Indefatigable 1794 by Kevin - Vanguard Models - 1:64 - Feb 2023 

HMHS Britannic by Kevin 

SD 14  - Marcle Models - 1/70 - March 2022 -  Bluebell - Flower Class - Revel - 1/72   U552 German U Boat - Trumpeter - 1/48  Amerigo Vespucci     1/84 - Panart-   HMS Enterprise  -CAF -  1/48     

Finished     

St-Nectan-Mountfleet-models-steam-trawler-1/32 - Completed June 2020

HMS Victory - Caldercraft/Jotika - 1/72 - Finished   Dorade renamed Dora by Kevin - Amati - 1/20 - Completed March 2021 

Stage Coach 1848 - Artesania Latina - 1/10 -Finished Lady Eleanor by Kevin - FINISHED - Vanguard Models - 1/64 - Fifie fishing boat

Hi all

Sorry to bore you all with the flags ha ha.

I have just finished the last of the flags, but they need a bit of improvement .

Will try and take better photos when she is all finished :'( ha ha.

Denis.

Denis

Your "Flagmanship" is as good as your Craftmanship"

They are great looking Flags - a perfect compliment

to a great looking ship

- visi

Hi Denis

I am looking forward to watch "do it better" as you said... OMG wish I reach your skill some day :D

Cheerio and the best wishes for your RW

Max

Next: Friedrich Wilhelm zu Pferde by Euro Model 1:47

Finished: Half Moon Corel;  HMY Royal Caroline Panart; HMB Endeavour Occre 1:54; Fregatte Berlin, Corel, 1:40

A life without dogs is possible... but worth to live?

sweet!       post-612-0-95412800-1412208524.gif

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller
Phylly C & Denny-Zen - the Lobsie twins - bashed & semi scratch dual build

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Billing's Gothenborg 1:100 / Billing's Boulogne Etaples 1:20
Billing's Half Moon 1:40 - some scratch required
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400
Trawler Syborn - semi scratch / Holiday Harbor dual build - semi scratch

Hi all

Well as you all know this build has taken 2 years +.

I have to say it has been a very enjoyable but challenging build.

Can I take this opportunity to thank you all for your comments and support that means so much to me more than you all realise.

But most of all I would like to thank two people.

Vince for all your advice and help over the years.

Bindy for putting up with all my e-mails to you when I was just about to give up so many times it was your words of encouragement  that got me back to building the SoS so thank you so much.

I will post the last photos of the SoS by the end of the week.

Denis.

Yeah!!!!   This great news.   I can't wait to see the finished pictures.

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

Hi all

I did have a problem with the name plate.

After getting it back from the engravers I thought it looked a bit plain so I put some tassels on the end of it, it looked ok but I was still not happy with it.

A friend Visi, said insert the plate into a wooden frame but it was too late as the name plate was glued to the stand but thank you Visi for that.

I then asked a very dear friend of mine Sammy what she would do, she is an arts and crafts expert .

Sammy said I think you should incorporate some part of the ship, that made a lot of sense to me.

The only thing I could think of was the brass strips that go round most of the SoS..

This is what I came up with thanks to Sammy.

God brass is so hard to get the joint correct but this is the best I can do.

Denis.

post-303-0-22727300-1412842818_thumb.jpg

Hi Denis,

Thank you for the kind words, and if I really was any help then I am truly honoured to have been even a small part in you finishing this incredible model.

It truly is a masterpiece and you should be so very proud of yourself, and take your place amongst the best here on MSW. I honestly can't wait to see what you do with your royal William and new toys.

I do agree with Brian about the worthiness of your ship :)

And just when I thought it couldn't be any better, I have to say your plaque is the ideal finishing touch. Your idea to use the brass strips to match it with your ship and give it your own personal touch is perfect. You have taken your friend's idea and made it even better, and your own. I am sure she would be just as proud if you!!

"I'll try and do better on the next one"  ............still the critic talking.....eh,  Den?   the level of craftsmanship you've put into this ship Den, is nothing short of outstanding!   the time you've put into this build....well worth your effort.   may the R.W.  be another crown jewel,  of your creative talent!   Best to you my friend.......CONGRATZ!

:im Not Worthy: :im Not Worthy: :im Not Worthy: :im Not Worthy: :im Not Worthy: :im Not Worthy: :im Not Worthy: :im Not Worthy: :im Not Worthy: :im Not Worthy: :im Not Worthy: :im Not Worthy: :im Not Worthy: :im Not Worthy: :im Not Worthy: :im Not Worthy: :im Not Worthy: :im Not Worthy: :im Not Worthy: :im Not Worthy:

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller
Phylly C & Denny-Zen - the Lobsie twins - bashed & semi scratch dual build

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Billing's Gothenborg 1:100 / Billing's Boulogne Etaples 1:20
Billing's Half Moon 1:40 - some scratch required
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400
Trawler Syborn - semi scratch / Holiday Harbor dual build - semi scratch

Hi all

I did have a problem with the name plate.

After getting it back from the engravers I thought it looked a bit plain so I put some tassels on the end of it, it looked ok but I was still not happy with it.

A friend Visi, said insert the plate into a wooden frame but it was too late as the name plate was glued to the stand but thank you Visi for that.

I then asked a very dear friend of mine Sammy what she would do, she is an arts and crafts expert .

Sammy said I think you should incorporate some part of the ship, that made a lot of sense to me.

The only thing I could think of was the brass strips that go round most of the SoS..

This is what I came up with thanks to Sammy.

God brass is so hard to get the joint correct but this is the best I can do.

Denis.

Denis

Well Done - excellent idea - great result

using parts of the ship - perfect.

visi

Its my view that the model could last for a hundred years and get passed on to children and grandchildren, its good to have the build year on it.

Hi Brian

Will get a plate made for the other side.

Denis.

Hi Denis,

Thank you for the kind words, and if I really was any help then I am truly honoured to have been even a small part in you finishing this incredible model.

It truly is a masterpiece and you should be so very proud of yourself, and take your place amongst the best here on MSW. I honestly can't wait to see what you do with your royal William and new toys.

I do agree with Brian about the worthiness of your ship :)

And just when I thought it couldn't be any better, I have to say your plaque is the ideal finishing touch. Your idea to use the brass strips to match it with your ship and give it your own personal touch is perfect. You have taken your friend's idea and made it even better, and your own. I am sure she would be just as proud if you!!

Hi Bindy

Thank you, no you did not play a small part in me finishing the SoS you played a VERY LARGE PART in me finishing the SoS , for this I will have to thank you again.

As for the name plate my very dear friend Sammy gave me a seed all I did was add water to make it grow, and yes I think Sammy likes it she is a lady I respect and take notice of.

Denis.

"I'll try and do better on the next one"  ............still the critic talking.....eh,  Den?   the level of craftsmanship you've put into this ship Den, is nothing short of outstanding!   the time you've put into this build....well worth your effort.   may the R.W.  be another crown jewel,  of your creative talent!   Best to you my friend.......CONGRATZ!

:im Not Worthy: :im Not Worthy: :im Not Worthy: :im Not Worthy: :im Not Worthy: :im Not Worthy: :im Not Worthy: :im Not Worthy: :im Not Worthy: :im Not Worthy: :im Not Worthy: :im Not Worthy: :im Not Worthy: :im Not Worthy: :im Not Worthy: :im Not Worthy: :im Not Worthy: :im Not Worthy: :im Not Worthy: :im Not Worthy:

Hi Popeye

Ok yes still the critic ha ha.

But thank you for them kind words.

Denis.

Hi All

Ok this is a sad day for me as my girlfriend of 2 years + has just left me for a mahogany cabinet.

I don't know what I did to upset her, may be I pulled her ropes too tight or sanded her bottom to hard.

But the day did get better a new girl is in town.

ALL FINISHED.

Denis.

post-303-0-52700100-1412990541_thumb.jpg

post-303-0-14013300-1412990564_thumb.jpg

post-303-0-28309900-1412990588_thumb.jpg

post-303-0-34717400-1412990616_thumb.jpg

post-303-0-74102700-1412990636_thumb.jpg

I hope the mahogany resting place has a very prominent place of honor in your home, it certainly deserves it.

Look forward to the next one!

A well-deserved congratulations, Denis.  Very well done and she does deserve a place of honor. 

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

I hope the mahogany resting place has a very prominent place of honor in your home, it certainly deserves it.

Look forward to the next one!

Hi Brian

She is in the lounge but will be moved to the other side of the room tomorrow as I cannot stand the mahogany cabinet  making eyes at her just joking.

But she will be moved.

Denis.

A well-deserved congratulations, Denis.  Very well done and she does deserve a place of honor. 

Hi Mark

I agree with you as it is my first complete build she does need a place of honour .

Denis.

Please say it will be behind glass ... safe from sticky, little fingers as well as paws 'n' claws.

CaptainSteve
Current Build:  HM Granado Bomb Vessel (Caldercraft)

My BathTub:    Queen Anne Barge (Syren Ship Models)       Log:  Queen Anne Barge (an build log)

Bounty Launch (Model Shipways)                 Log:  Bounty Launch by CaptainSteve
                        Apostol Felipe (OcCre)
                        HMS Victory (Constructo)
Check It Out:   The Kit-Basher's Guide to The Galaxy