SD14 Stern Section by Kevin - Marcle Models - 1/70 - CARD - started 1st Jan 2022 - abandoned

the build came to a sudden and abrupt end this afternoon, moving it to the freezer for my daily update, i tripped and fell on it RIP stern section SD14

IMG_2355.JPG

IMG_2354.JPG

IMG_2356.JPG

IMG_2357.JPG

IMG_2358.JPG

Its all part of Kev's journey, bit like going to the dark side, but with the lights on

All the best

Kevin :omg:

SAY NO TO PIRACY. SUPPORT ORIGINAL IDEAS AND MANUFACTURERS.
KEEP IT REAL!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On the build table

HMS Indefatigable 1794 by Kevin - Vanguard Models - 1:64 - Feb 2023 

HMHS Britannic by Kevin 

SD 14  - Marcle Models - 1/70 - March 2022 -  Bluebell - Flower Class - Revel - 1/72   U552 German U Boat - Trumpeter - 1/48  Amerigo Vespucci     1/84 - Panart-   HMS Enterprise  -CAF -  1/48     

Finished     

St-Nectan-Mountfleet-models-steam-trawler-1/32 - Completed June 2020

HMS Victory - Caldercraft/Jotika - 1/72 - Finished   Dorade renamed Dora by Kevin - Amati - 1/20 - Completed March 2021 

Stage Coach 1848 - Artesania Latina - 1/10 -Finished Lady Eleanor by Kevin - FINISHED - Vanguard Models - 1/64 - Fifie fishing boat

yes im fine just gutted, i was thoroughly enjoying that

Its all part of Kev's journey, bit like going to the dark side, but with the lights on

All the best

KEEP IT REAL!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On the build table

HMHS Britannic by Kevin 

SD 14  - Marcle Models - 1/70 - March 2022 -  Bluebell - Flower Class - Revel - 1/72   U552 German U Boat - Trumpeter - 1/48  Amerigo Vespucci     1/84 - Panart-   HMS Enterprise  -CAF -  1/48     

Finished     

HMS Victory - Caldercraft/Jotika - 1/72 - Finished   Dorade renamed Dora by Kevin - Amati - 1/20 - Completed March 2021 

Stage Coach 1848 - Artesania Latina - 1/10 -Finished Lady Eleanor by Kevin - FINISHED - Vanguard Models - 1/64 - Fifie fishing boat

28 minutes ago, Kevin said:

yes im fine just gutted, i was thoroughly enjoying that

I think any of us would be gutted.  It's good that physically you weren't hurt. 

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

So sorry to read of your accident. I'm glad that you are OK. It's a shame about the model, though. We were enjoying seeing this 'real' build in miniature.

Be sure to sign up for an epic Nelson/Trafalgar project if you would like to see it made into a TV series  http://trafalgar.tv

thanks guys, its the end of this build, but not the end of the SD14 story

All the best

KEEP IT REAL!

On the build table

HMHS Britannic by Kevin 

Finished     

Hope your able to recover from this Kevin  - I know I would  have been gutted  and boy would the air have been Blue.

OC.

Current builds  

28mm  Battle of Waterloo   attack on La Haye Saint   Diorama.

1/700  HMS Hood   Flyhawk   with  PE, Resin  and Wood Decking.

Completed works.

Dragon 1/700 HMS Edinburgh type 42 batch 3 Destroyer plastic.

HMS Warspite Academy 1/350 plastic kit and wem parts.

HMS Trafalgar Airfix 1/350 submarine  plastic.

Black Pearl  1/72  Revell   with  pirate crew.

Revell  1/48  Mosquito  B IV

Eduard  1/48  Spitfire IX

ICM    1/48   Seafire Mk.III   Special Conversion

1/48  Kinetic  Sea Harrier  FRS1

5 minutes ago, Old Collingwood said:

Hope your able to recover from this Kevin  - I know I would  have been gutted  and boy would the air have been Blue.

OC.

unable to recover this build my friend, 

All the best

KEEP IT REAL!

On the build table

HMHS Britannic by Kevin 

Finished     

Sorry to hear this my friend.

OC.

Current builds  

28mm  Battle of Waterloo   attack on La Haye Saint   Diorama.

1/700  HMS Hood   Flyhawk   with  PE, Resin  and Wood Decking.

Completed works.

Dragon 1/700 HMS Edinburgh type 42 batch 3 Destroyer plastic.

HMS Warspite Academy 1/350 plastic kit and wem parts.

HMS Trafalgar Airfix 1/350 submarine  plastic.

Black Pearl  1/72  Revell   with  pirate crew.

Revell  1/48  Mosquito  B IV

Eduard  1/48  Spitfire IX

ICM    1/48   Seafire Mk.III   Special Conversion

1/48  Kinetic  Sea Harrier  FRS1

Good morning everyone

i was bitterly upset and very grumpy last night, and felt extremely silly with myself, it was nothing more than tripping over my own feet, as i swung around off my bench, 

the damage is/was completely beyond repair, i looked to see if the keel was fit to use, even the floor had ripped as my full weight went through the frames

Anyway, what to do next

well the Admiral decided for me, just do it again, 

the full kit is on order and being posted today, this thread will be renamed and i will just restart a full build

Edited by Kevin

All the best

KEEP IT REAL!

On the build table

HMHS Britannic by Kevin 

Finished     

That’s good news it sounds like! Glad to hear that you’re taking another swing at it. For me everything seems a little more bright in the morning. Looking forward to round 2.

Edited by VTHokiEE

Aw, shucks, Kevin. Sorry for you. But your Admiral is a gem without flaws. Good luck with this new build.

Ken

Started: MS Bounty Longboat,

On Hold:  Heinkel USS Choctaw paper

Down the road: Shipyard HMC Alert 1/96 paper, Mamoli Constitution Cross, MS USN Picket Boat #1

Scratchbuild: Echo Cross Section

Member Nautical Research Guild

perhaps the phoenix will be an appropriate name

All the best

KEEP IT REAL!

On the build table

HMHS Britannic by Kevin 

Finished     

You have the best Admiral, Kevin.  Looking forward to Version 2.0.

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

• 3 months later...
37 minutes ago, Model Boat Mayhem said:

Gutted for you!  😖 ..... but Phoenix does sound a great option!

Have you started the new stern section as yet, Kevin?

Martin ~ Model Boat Mayhem

i have a new full build log started, the link is in my post signature

All the best

KEEP IT REAL!

On the build table

HMHS Britannic by Kevin 

Finished