USS Constitution by BRiddoch - Model Shipways - Scale 1:76

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Bob, this is a really nice build of the Constitution. Thank you for reposting it.  I will use this build log when I get to starting mine.

I do have one question - what adhesive did you use when gluing the styrene strips to the wood? I saw a bottle of Titebond in a couple of pictures. I really like the nice lines you obtained with the styrene.

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello all,

It has been a while since my last post.  Had a few family matters back east that required my attention.  I'm home in San Diego now and back to building.  While I was in Boston my new Byrnes Disc Sander arrived at  home in San Diego.  Nothing better that the anticipation of opening the box.

Anyway, I am working on the Gunport lids.  I am doing 7 at a time to break up the monotony. Small hinges are attached to the upper lids and painted white.  False cannons are also added.

Bob R.

post-516-0-48875200-1376444439_thumb.jpg

post-516-0-82516500-1376444450_thumb.jpg

post-516-0-89882400-1376444460_thumb.jpg

post-516-0-61385600-1376444470_thumb.jpg

post-516-0-11753300-1376444485_thumb.jpg

Bob, your connie is stunning.   I would love to build that one, but I just have no place for it when done (toooo big :P ) So I will definately be living vicariously through yours and the other connies that come about.

The colors on yours are rich and pop quite nice; love looking at it.

The coppering? WOW - I did some on a little phantom, you have patience my friend, lots of patience and it payed off nicely!!

WELL DONE SIR!!

-Adam

• 2 weeks later...

Working on Starboard side lower gun ports.  I have the curtains and lower lids installed.  Currently working on the upper lids for both the port and starboard side.  I also started staining my display stand. More pictures to follow.  I have a new camera so I am experimenting and learning.

Bob R.

post-516-0-22577700-1378666754_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Hello all,

Well, now that I have finished my 18th Century Longboat, it's time to dust of Connie and get back to work.  The first order of business is a good cleaning, then it's on to the upper gunports.  I'll start posting pics again this weekend.

Bob R.