Maine Lobster Boat by popeye the sailor - FINISHED - Midwest Products

Popeye,

I include the following as a public service... the recipe for a Pangalactic Gargleblaster.   It's possible that Sjors can make one for you.

Recipe

1. Take the juice from one bottle of that Ol' Janx Spirit.
  2. Pour into it one measure of water from the seas of Santraginus V.
  3. Allow three cubes of Arcturan Mega-gin to melt into the mixture (it must be properly iced or the benzene is lost).
  4. Allow four litres of Fallian marsh gas to bubble through it.
  5. Over the back of a silver spoon float a measure of Qalactin Hypermint extract.
  6. Drop in the tooth of an Algolian Suntiger.
  7. Sprinkle Zamphuor.
  8. Add an olive.
  9. Drink . . . but . . . very carefully . . .

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

but........that's anit-freeze mark!!!  you expect me to drink that!?!?!..LOL!  I think Sjors is trying to give me a spoiler!  thanks for the list Keith.......is that  'in order'  ?   gee......it seems everyone has read this......am I in my own little world?  I will have to see what all the hub-bub is about  ;)

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller
Phylly C & Denny-Zen - the Lobsie twins - bashed & semi scratch dual build

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Billing's Gothenborg 1:100 / Billing's Boulogne Etaples 1:20
Billing's Half Moon 1:40 - some scratch required
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400
Trawler Syborn - semi scratch / Holiday Harbor dual build - semi scratch

I need to dig my set out and reread them, its been over a decade. I just recently reread all of Nivens Ring World set and am planning on rereading Hamiltons Nights Dawn Trilogy. Maybe I should see if there audio books for that, the 3 books were over 3500 pages and I can't hold a book and build ships. Now thats great science fiction http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Night's_Dawn_Trilogy

I'd also love to reread the 2001 set, 3001 was my favorite, and Clarkes Rama series.....uh-oh i'm rambling again

Make mine tea ..... Earl Gray.

Augie

Current Build: US Frigate Confederacy - MS 1:64

Previous Builds :

US Brig Syren (MS) - 2013 (see Completed Ship Gallery)

Greek Tug Ulises (OcCre) - 2009 (see Completed Ship Gallery)

Victory Cross Section (Corel) - 1988

Essex (MS) 1/8"- 1976

Cutty Sark (Revell 1:96) - 1956

You know Popeye the only problem with picking up this book is it will take up a portion of your build time which means less pictures which means you know what for you know who.  

Well.. I think in this case, it's an absolute necessity. And exceptions must be made. And if problems arise, Augie and I can distract the one who must not be named.... ;)

Andy

Quando Omni Flunkus, Moritati

Current Build:

USF Confederacy

You must read the whole set.

The part I like best is:  Flying is not hard. It is simply a matter of throwing yourself at the ground and missing.

Bob

Every build is a learning experience.

Current build:  SS_ Mariefred

Completed builds:  US Coast Guard Pequot   Friendship-sloop,  Schooner Lettie-G.-Howard,   Spray,   Grand-Banks-dory

a gaff rigged yawl,  HOGA (YT-146),  Int'l Dragon Class II,   Two Edwardian Launches 

In the Gallery:   Catboat,   International-Dragon-Class,   Spray

I'll let you know when I get it............ha...ha....the admiral just asked me what the importance is in getting it  ;)

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400

Just tell her it's for "research" or you could tell her the truth that your online friends will mock you relentlessly until you do.   ;)

thanks Ron.......now all that is left is the finish on the Phylly C.   these two turned out ot be quite a build......they look great together on the shelf ;)

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:

sorry....haven't got the book yet.  I've been working on the AmericA build,  as well as bogged down with other things.   the sooner I get the AmericA off the table,  the sooner I can get on with the Goth........I wanna do ratlines too!

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:

silly silly man :) no they aren't reallllly that bad - I felt a lot of satisfaction doing mine.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-Sarah

Current Build:

Krabbenkutter CUX-87

Harriet Lane

Fishcutter GO-38

In the Wings:

Corel Victory Cross section

Completed Build:

USS Missouri minimissouri.jpgHMS Bounty's Jolly Boat thumbnail.jpg Peterboro Canoe tiny.jpg

on the contrary Sarah......everyone is doing their rigging but me.  I actually enjoy rigging.  I'll be there soon  :)

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:

• 4 weeks later...

Splendid detail work Popeye, those bits and pieces really do a good job of sprucing them up, they both look so real B)

Best regards,

Aldo

Currently Building:
HMS Pegasus (Victory Models)-Mothballed to give priority to Triton

HMS Triton (first attempt at scratchbuilding)

Past build:
HM Brig Badger (Caldercraft), HM Brig Cruizer, HM Schooner Ballahoo

thanks Aldo.........only one thing left to add to the Phylly C.....that's it  :)   after that,  I can post them in the finished forum.   these two were fun to do  :)

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:

Looking forward to the 'reveal' in the Gallery!

Augie

Previous Builds :

Essex (MS) 1/8"- 1976

I want to get these skis done so I can do just that Augie.   tired to get barbie to drop by......but she's too busy......I gotta get someone to help me size up these bindings.   I grabbed Chester from the wharf....he was kinda reluctant to do it.........but he dropped what he was doing and helped me.

post-612-0-70394200-1369311066_thumb.jpg

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:

I would have asked clara......but she was bitten in half by a great white..........so we use her for her clerical ablilities.   I wouldn't have hired her,  but she's Chester's half cousin........literally

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:

No bones about it, Popeye.  You have great helpers.

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

yepper Mark......they sure are!   they were just hang'in around in my closet......so when I started the hobby,   I putt'em to work.   I don't have financial backing,   so.......I could only hire a skeleton crew.

post-612-0-56377400-1369342378_thumb.jpg

from left to right.......is Larry,    daryl.........and darrel  {he spells his name differently, so I can tell them apart}......makes check write'in time easier too!  of course,  you met Chester........he like to hover over everyone,  to make sure they do everything OK...........

post-612-0-83337300-1369342625_thumb.jpg

I mentioned Clara......she didn't want to get in the photo shoot.......always says her legs were her best assets.  since she don't got them no more....she feels she's worthless.   I keep tell'in her that she has the best clavicals of them all.  hey!  what can I say......she can't blush...LOL!

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:

You better up the payscale Popeye.  You're working these guys to the bone.  You've gone from shipyard to boneyard :)

Augie

Previous Builds :

Essex (MS) 1/8"- 1976

I assure you.....good sirs.....that I am not a slum boss.   they were in this  'condition'  when I hired them.   when I posted the ad for the wharf,  I specified that they have some nautical background,  and that they have no residual  'baggage'.   this is about as  'baggage-less' as you can get.....so,  I hired them.

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock: