Sovereign of The Seas by SawdustDave - FINISHED

I'll just have to start paying more attention when I post using my iPad. The strong meds I'm taking to combat this ear infecting keeps me a little on the foggy side.

I'm not the sharpest knife in the drawer these days.

So I went back and corrected the term in the several places I had used it.... And now this little discussion of the term makes no since to anyone just joining the log. Arr arr arr

Edited by SawdustDave

Sawdust Dave -

Current build - USS Constitution 1:60th (scratch)....

Visit my blog site - All previous builds.... http://davesmodelships.blogspot.com

I'll just have to start paying more attention when I post using my iPad. The strong meds I'm taking to combat this ear infecting keeps me a little on the foggy side.

I'm not the sharpest knife in the drawer these days.

Hi Dave

No stress!  At least you have an excuse.  I don't (thick as door knob at the best of times!!!).   :P

Cheers

Patrick

The engineering mind at work. :)  Great at working out the tech side of things, but downright miserable at writing, grammar and spelling. :(

I'm a prime example, so spell check is my friend. Although I do re-read stuff to make sure auto-correct is using the right word. :huh:

Ken

Started: MS Bounty Longboat,

On Hold:  Heinkel USS Choctaw paper

Down the road: Shipyard HMC Alert 1/96 paper, Mamoli Constitution Cross, MS USN Picket Boat #1

Scratchbuild: Echo Cross Section

Member Nautical Research Guild

Talking about "auto correct" option? For modeling ?

Where? How?

Or it is my bad English again

;)

Edited by Nenad

In progress:

CUTTY SARK - Tehnodidakta => scratch => Campbell plans

http://modelshipworld.com/index.php/topic/2501-cutty-sark-by-nenad-tehnodidakta-scratched-campbells-plans/page-1#entry64653

Content of log :

http://modelshipworld.com/index.php/topic/2501-cutty-sark-by-nenad-tehnodidakta-scratched-campbells-plans/page-62#entry217381

Past build:

Stella, Heller kit, plastic, Santa Maria, Tehnodidakta kit, wood, Jolly Roger Heller kit, plastic

Yep Nenad..... Anything you do incorrectly on your model will be automatically corrected by this new "auto correct" tool. The way it works is amazing. When you turn out the lights in the shop each night, any mistakes made during the day will be completely fixed overnight.

Really cool huh!

Edited by SawdustDave

Sawdust Dave -

Visit my blog site - All previous builds.... http://davesmodelships.blogspot.com

Ok Dave.. I'm hooked.  Where do I place my order?  :P  :P

Just get healthy.  We'll sort out the writing, spelling, and grammar but not gramma'.   While spell check is a blessing... it's doesn't using the wrong word..  much to my chagrin.

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

G'day Dave

I think you should do a production line because I want to place an order like Mark.

Havagooday

Greg

Edited by Greg the peg leg sailor

"Nothing is impossible, it's only what limitations that you put on yourself make it seems impossible! "

Current log : The Royal Yacht Royal Caroline 1749 1:32 by Greg Ashwood:...

SETBACK Report:

Had to shut down the shipyard temporarily.

They suddenly decided to put me back in the hospital (UNC Chapel Hill).... Very aggressive IV's round the clock since Friday.

MAN! This really sucks.

MSW prayers welcome.

Sawdust Dave -

Hi Dave

I'm very sorry to hear that you've taken a turn for the worse. Please be assured that my prayers and well wishes are with you. The most important thing for you now is to focus on getting better and resting. Think positively and look forward to getting this well and truly licked, once and for all.

Take care.

Cheers

Patrick

Crikey Dave.  I'm hoping the Docs get a handle on this and can get you home quickly.

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

Praying for you Dave!

Current build: Syren : Kit- Model Shipways

Side project: HMS Bounty - Revel -(plastic)

On hold: Pre-owned, unfinished Mayflower (wood)

Past builds: Scottish Maid - AL- 1:50, USS North Carolina Battleship -1/350  (plastic),   Andromede - Dikar (wood),   Yatch Atlantic - 14" (wood),   Pirate Ship - 1:72 (plastic),   Custom built wood Brig from scratch - ?(3/4" =1'),   4 small scratch builds (wood),   Vietnamese fishing boat (wood)   & a Ship in a bottle

Thanks all. I'm comforted by all your support, along with the blessing of having the top team of experts in the country managing my rare case.

post-11777-0-54228600-1440358529_thumb.jpg

Someone once said "That which does not kill us just makes us stronger."

Sawdust Dave -

Dave, you look better than I did when I went in the second tine, hopefully the nurses were pretty to look at and hope you recover fast,

David B

When I was in the hospital I had to resort to telling R-rated jokes to the nurses just to get an extra desert at dinner.  :P  Hope you get well soon and not there long Dave.

Cheers

GEORGE

MgrHa7Z.gif

Don't be bound by the limits of what you already know, be unlimited by what you are willing to learn.

Member of the Nautical Research Guild

Stay strong and have a VERY positive attitude and keep smiling and joking. Get well soon Dave.

Cheers,

Piet, The Flying Dutchman.

"Your greatest asset is not the quantity of your friends , rather the quality of your friends."  (old Chinese proverb)

Current Builds: Hr. Ms. Java 1925-1942

VOC Ship Surabaya

Planned Builds: Young America Diorama - scale 1:3000

Future Builds: KPM ship "MS Musi."  Zuiderzee Botter - scale 1:25. VOC Jacht in a 6" lamp,  Buginese fishing Prauw.  Hr. Ms. Java - Royal Navy Netherlands Cruiser.

Completed Builds:   Hr. Ms. O16 Submarine

Hr. Ms. O19 - Submarine Royal Navy Netherlands

Ship Yard Diorama with Topsail schooner -

Friendship Sloop Gwenfra

Muscongus Bay Lobster Smack    

Golden Hind - Cutte Sark (both not in this forum)

G'day Dave

My wife, Luz and I will be praying for you!

Now get out of there so we can see more updates. LOL

Allthebestmate,

Greg

"Nothing is impossible, it's only what limitations that you put on yourself make it seems impossible! "

SOS UPDATE....

So here's a shot of the total progress since Friday's update.

It looks like it also represents the progress I will be making over the next several days.

It may be some of my best work yet.

(So sorry guys.... I'm really bored right now)

post-11777-0-63401400-1440455284_thumb.jpg

Sawdust Dave -

G'day Dave

The detail in your last photo is amazing. LOL

I know how boring hospitals are, at least you still got your sense of humour.

Greg

I know all too well how boring it gets in there Dave.  Even with Cable TV (at an out-of-pocket cost of course), I was bored sicker. Used to look forward to the nurses coming in to check on me though. Gave me something to do by telling them a few jokes. :P  Don't think their Supervisor liked it much, but hey, I figured if I could drive 'em nuts, they'd kick my a** out early.  :D Hang in there man. It can't last forever. 

Cheers

GEORGE

MgrHa7Z.gif

Don't be bound by the limits of what you already know, be unlimited by what you are willing to learn.

• 2 weeks later...

Finally getting back into the shop (limited sessions). Picking up on companion ways and gratings. After completing the companion way for the half deck I created the small grating for that deck and realized, the grating I am using is not in scale. See posting #263.... I should have caught it there.

Another re-do....

Just ordered some 2 mm grating because I did not have nearly enough of that small scale in my bone yard.

So I'll begin playing around with the cannons and carriages I just received. They look great.

Edited by SawdustDave

Sawdust Dave -

Glad you're out of the hospital Dave. Do what the Doc says and take her easy until you're better.  :)

GEORGE

MgrHa7Z.gif

So good to see you on the mend Dave, just take it slow and enjoy.  The redo's are a part of what we do, we do and then redo and perhaps redo again.

Cheers,

Piet, The Flying Dutchman.

"Your greatest asset is not the quantity of your friends , rather the quality of your friends."  (old Chinese proverb)

Current Builds: Hr. Ms. Java 1925-1942

VOC Ship Surabaya

Planned Builds: Young America Diorama - scale 1:3000

Future Builds: KPM ship "MS Musi."  Zuiderzee Botter - scale 1:25. VOC Jacht in a 6" lamp,  Buginese fishing Prauw.  Hr. Ms. Java - Royal Navy Netherlands Cruiser.

Completed Builds:   Hr. Ms. O16 Submarine

Hr. Ms. O19 - Submarine Royal Navy Netherlands

Ship Yard Diorama with Topsail schooner -

Friendship Sloop Gwenfra

Muscongus Bay Lobster Smack    

Golden Hind - Cutte Sark (both not in this forum)

G'day Dave

Like everyone else my wife and I are pleased you are out of the hospital. Listen to the doctors and TAKE THEIR THEIR ADVICE. 

Take care

And Havagooday

Greg