Majellan by Omega1234 - FINISHED - 1/200 - Luxury 37 m Motor Yacht - Miniature

Utterly fantastic.

Bob

Hi Patrick,

stunning work !!!!!

if it were a kit, could you name the amount of modeled individual pieces the yacht is comprizing where you layed hands on, good heavens it must be several hundreds.....

a fantastic build

Nils

This is marvellous work. The amount of details you have captured at such a small scale astounds me. Not an easy task I am sure. Very nice. I like the selection of a modern yacht as well. 

that's right .........ramp everyone up for a pillow fight!   ;)    totally awesome!   feng shui?!?!?!    who's you interior decorator?   ;)

Here I am, sitting next to Michael shaking my head in unison.  Awesome work Patrick.

Cheers,

Amazing work, Patrick!

Thank you so much, guys. It's great to read your comments and enjoy your support.  

Thank you also, to everyone who hit the Like Button!

Have a great week, one and all!

Cheers

Patrick

Wow! Nice pillows! How is that even possible :huh::D!?! I like the blue cushioned couch with the foot rest!

Edited by Elijah

-Elijah

Current build(s):

Continental Gunboat Philadelphia by Model Shipways

https://modelshipworld.com/index.php?/topic/15753-continental-gunboat-philadelphia-by-elijah-model-shipways-124-scale/

Completed build(s):

Model Shipways Phantom

http://modelshipworld.com/index.php?showtopic=12376

Member of:

The Nautical Research Guild

N.R.M.S.S. (Nautical Research and Model Ship Society)

Wow! Nice pillows! How is that even possible :huh::D!?! I like the blue cushioned couch with the foot rest!

Thanks Elijah

I'm certainly no interior decorator, hence why the colours of the pillows may not all blend in together, but what the heck, they look OK to me!

All the best

Patrick

Hi everyone

Hope you're all enjoying your weekend.

Last night, I worked on the owner's bathroom which sits just forward of the stateroom. The photos don't show it clearly, but there is a bathtub and shower in there. There's still more stuff to add, of course.

I've also had some fun trying to use a small mirror to focus in upon some of the interior details. I hope you like the photos.

Have a great day!

Cheers

Patrick

post-7645-0-86763400-1463278607_thumb.jpg

post-7645-0-31273600-1463278697_thumb.jpg

post-7645-0-04458700-1463278775_thumb.jpg

post-7645-0-94783200-1463278866_thumb.jpg

post-7645-0-22926700-1463279010_thumb.jpg

post-7645-0-10985200-1463279096_thumb.jpg

post-7645-0-79456700-1463279141_thumb.jpg

post-7645-0-51742200-1463279147_thumb.jpg

post-7645-0-95659500-1463279153_thumb.jpg

post-7645-0-46725300-1463279159_thumb.jpg

post-7645-0-36744300-1463279166_thumb.jpg

post-7645-0-23919500-1463279172_thumb.jpg

post-7645-0-55951400-1463279177_thumb.jpg

Edited by Omega1234

Nice work... but no toilet or sink?  Tsk, tsk.   :D

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

Do you happen to have carpenter ants doing your furniture for you? :D

David B

Hi David

I wish! But, I'm having too much fun doing it on my own!

I hope you're well. You've been a bit quiet lately, so I hope you're looking after yourself.

Cheers

Patrick

Edited by Omega1234

Nice work... but no toilet or sink?  Tsk, tsk.   :D

Yeah, What? no running water?    :huh:

Nice work mate...

Current build:

A Battleship

Past builds:

The Unicorn - The Lindworm - Malahini -  Shinobi Maru  -  The MaryJane - The Weeligstraal

Hi Keith

Gees you guys are hard to please! First the sinks. Next it's the running water! What's next?

Well, I guess I could make an ugly naked guy standing in the shower...

Or, wait. Maybe not - he may scare the bathing beauties away...

Have a good'un!

Cheers

Patrick

:D

Current build:

A Battleship

Past builds:

The Unicorn - The Lindworm - Malahini -  Shinobi Maru  -  The MaryJane - The Weeligstraal

Hmm - cushions.  Now you need to make a quilt for the master bedroom.   :D

Hi Frank and everyone else for all of your comments and Likes. Greatly appreciated!!!

Well, Frank! Challenge accepted!  I've done a quilt for the Owner's double bed.  The only thing is that the quilt is taking the form of a black quilt that's folded and haphazardly thrown over the foot of the bed.  Nothing precise here, because, after all, the ship is meant to be lived in!  The same thing goes for the cushions at the head of the bed.  Nothing neat and tidy; by design.  I've also added a geometric wall hanging that's mounted above the bed head; just to add a bit of visual interest.  Also, there's a red rug on the floor, which contrasts nicely against the blue carpet.  

Lastly, Mark - if you look closely, you may notice that I have added the two sinks in the bathroom!  Hah!

Anyhow, I hope you like the photos.

Have a great week, everyone.

Cheers

Patrick

post-7645-0-67745700-1463318207_thumb.jpg

post-7645-0-99246700-1463318213_thumb.jpg

post-7645-0-13212800-1463318220_thumb.jpg

post-7645-0-70315000-1463318225_thumb.jpg

post-7645-0-17328100-1463318233_thumb.jpg

Edited by Omega1234

Hi Patrick

I'd better be careful on any future comments - you seem to like challenges!

Amazing detail in such a small space.  Your favorite tools must be magnifiers and tweezers.  Excellent work!

She's all shipshape and Bristol fashion, Patrick.  I think she's ready for sea.   

I'm glad your a good sport even with comments made in jest.     ;)

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

Hi David

I wish! But, I'm having too much fun doing it on my own!

I hope you're well. You've been a bit quiet lately, so I hope you're looking after yourself.

Cheers

Patrick

I was told by my oncologist that according to my last bone biopsy my Myeloma Markers are starting to act up.   He decided that I have developed an immunity to my meds so it is back to regular chemo. and a different medication.  My hands have become more stable so I can work on my Maine again.

I have been trying to get more active developing the muscle tone that I lost and walking up and down the stairs.  My sister said that She was happy with my progress considering i was in a wheelchair and using a walker.  

I envy you the work you have done on your yacht.  I have always admired miniaturists.

David B

Hi David

I'll definitely keep you in my thoughts. I don't think you'd be relishing the thought of going back onto normal chemo. It doesn't sound nice, but at the end of the day, if it works, then that's all that matters.

I wish you every success in the hope that you can knock it for a six!

Take care, always.

Cheers

Patrick

Patrick, If you are on Facebook there is an excellent org the does miniatures.  A few ships but nice and very real looking.

David B

You just keep making her better! How is it possible!? What's next, working lighting :D?

-Elijah

Current build(s):

Continental Gunboat Philadelphia by Model Shipways

https://modelshipworld.com/index.php?/topic/15753-continental-gunboat-philadelphia-by-elijah-model-shipways-124-scale/

Completed build(s):

Model Shipways Phantom

http://modelshipworld.com/index.php?showtopic=12376

Member of:

The Nautical Research Guild

N.R.M.S.S. (Nautical Research and Model Ship Society)

Hi David

Thanks for the tip. Do you know the name of the Facebook Page?

Cheers

Patrick 

Here you go Patrick.

Miniaturas /Miniatures.

Now and tben they show shi models.  It gives me insperation.

David B

my word.....you have been busy...........!      so much detail......the interior looks fabulous!   what's interesting about this build,  is you've defied the logic that bigger is better  ;)  so amazing..........even the loo!

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller
Phylly C & Denny-Zen - the Lobsie twins - bashed & semi scratch dual build

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Billing's Gothenborg 1:100 / Billing's Boulogne Etaples 1:20
Billing's Half Moon 1:40 - some scratch required
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400
Trawler Syborn - semi scratch / Holiday Harbor dual build - semi scratch