Majellan by Omega1234 - FINISHED - 1/200 - Luxury 37 m Motor Yacht - Miniature

So sorry, but in the hands of the original builder is the best place for repairs like that.

Bob

Every build is a learning experience.

Current build:  SS_ Mariefred

Completed builds:  US Coast Guard Pequot   Friendship-sloop,  Schooner Lettie-G.-Howard,   Spray,   Grand-Banks-dory

a gaff rigged yawl,  HOGA (YT-146),  Int'l Dragon Class II,   Two Edwardian Launches 

In the Gallery:   Catboat,   International-Dragon-Class,   Spray

sorry to hear........no like for that one from me either  :(    I know how you felt my friend.........been there had that done to the same ship  >twice< !   even has the masts and bow spirit on it.........only received minor damage.   that's the model god telling me I had better get the lead out and get 'er back on the table!

you'll get her back in shape,  I'm sure.   after this one,  I hope to hear that any more transportation to and from the table,  is done with a cardboard box,  or something with sides on it  {like a tray of sorts}.    you've put too much into this one,  to lose it this way........I kind of like them to fall apart gracefully  ;)

good she getting back to square one.......hope you have the piece for the bow.   that looks to be the big repair  ;)

steady 'er she goes!

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller
Phylly C & Denny-Zen - the Lobsie twins - bashed & semi scratch dual build

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Billing's Gothenborg 1:100 / Billing's Boulogne Etaples 1:20
Billing's Half Moon 1:40 - some scratch required
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400
Trawler Syborn - semi scratch / Holiday Harbor dual build - semi scratch

Ouch.. I clicked "like" not because of the disaster but because of your attitude.  I'd suggest "recuperate" with relaxing potion of your choice first.  Then tomorrow jump in.    I think a lot of us have been there and dropped the ship.  

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

Well, that's a lot to catch up on! I'm sure you will have Majellan back in ship shape soon! It really is too bad when something like that happens :(.

-Elijah

Current build(s):

Continental Gunboat Philadelphia by Model Shipways

https://modelshipworld.com/index.php?/topic/15753-continental-gunboat-philadelphia-by-elijah-model-shipways-124-scale/

Completed build(s):

Model Shipways Phantom

http://modelshipworld.com/index.php?showtopic=12376

Member of:

The Nautical Research Guild

N.R.M.S.S. (Nautical Research and Model Ship Society)

Patrick, Major bummer! but I believe you will have her back in shipshape in no time.

Zipper hydroplane(Miss Mabel ) finished

John Cudahy  Scratch build 1/4" scale Steam Tug

1914 Steam Tug Scratch build from HAMMS plans

1820 Pinky  "Eagle" Scratch build from; American Ships Their Plans and History

I am sorry to see this happen Pat.  Thankfully you were able to repair the damge and at the same time not go totally mad with grief.  I have felt that way many times over the years.

David B

I am sorry to see this happen Pat. Thankfully you were able to repair the damge and at the same time not go totally mad with grief. I have felt that way many times over the years.

David B

Thanks David - I think you're right about not going totally mad with grief, but I did have a few choice words to say about the whole affair. But, I soon realised that at the end of the day, I really had no choice but to just get on with it and fix the ship. No mucking around....

Patrick, Major bummer! but I believe you will have her back in shipshape in no time.

Hi Steve - thanks and yep, a real major bummer. But, I've got no choice but to just get on and fix it. Oh well...

Well, that's a lot to catch up on! I'm sure you will have Majellan back in ship shape soon! It really is too bad when something like that happens :(.

Thanks Elijah - strangely, there is a plus side to this whole affair -before the accident, I had noticed that the structure supporting the radar domes was slightly off-centre, which bugged me to no end. At least, now I can fix it so that it's aligned properly, afterall. Funny how things work out that way, isn't it?

Ouch.. I clicked "like" not because of the disaster but because of your attitude. I'd suggest "recuperate" with relaxing potion of your choice first. Then tomorrow jump in. I think a lot of us have been there and dropped the ship.

Thanks Mark - I actually managed to do some repairs last night, which was kinda therapeutic in a way. As mentioned to Elijah above, there's a positive to this...!

sorry to hear........no like for that one from me either :( I know how you felt my friend.........been there had that done to the same ship >twice< ! even has the masts and bow spirit on it.........only received minor damage. that's the model god telling me I had better get the lead out and get 'er back on the table!

you'll get her back in shape, I'm sure. after this one, I hope to hear that any more transportation to and from the table, is done with a cardboard box, or something with sides on it {like a tray of sorts}. you've put too much into this one, to lose it this way........I kind of like them to fall apart gracefully ;)

good she getting back to square one.......hope you have the piece for the bow. that looks to be the big repair ;)

steady 'er she goes!

Thanks Denis - well, it took me about an hour of crouching down on the ground with a torch, but I found the broken piece from the bow. It shows that perserverance does pay off. Now, I just need to fix it! Thanks for your support!

So sorry, but in the hands of the original builder is the best place for repairs like that.

Bob

Hi Bob - you're right, you know. Nobody knows your own work, as well as yourself. In my case, she's my ship, so fixing it and putting all the dislodged internal furniture back in their proper places, is a job best done by me. Thanks for your thoughts and best wishes.

Cheers and thanks, everyone.

Patrick

Edited by Omega1234

Patrick,

Tile floors ... not a good idea, mate. But as you said: 'You build them strong down under'. I'm happy for you the damage is relatively small, and on the outside. Internal structural damage would be far more difficult to repair. I'm certain you'll put everything back in order, even with pain in your hart ...

You've got the proper attitude, matey!

Cheers

Carl

"Desperate affairs require desperate measures." Lord Nelson
Search and you might find a log ...

Patrick,

Tile floors ... not a good idea, mate. But as you said: 'You build them strong down under'. I'm happy for you the damage is relatively small, and on the outside. Internal structural damage would be far more difficult to repair. I'm certain you'll put everything back in order, even with pain in your hart ...

You've got the proper attitude, matey!

Cheers

Thanks Carl. I appreciate your kind words and comments. I've done a bit more work on getting the internal stuff back in their right places; so I guess it's coming together ok.

Have a great weekend!

Cheers

Patrick

Hi Patrick!

What I can say ... Sooner or later we all face with so bad luck...

But I'm sure you will soon show us new photos and we will not see any trace of this incident.

Best Regards!

Igor

Hi Igor

I know that you're right, but I wish it weren't the case for any of us. But, bad luck is bad luck and all we can do is move onwards.

The good news is that I should be able wrap up all the fixes this weekend.

Enjoy your weekend and all the best!

Cheers Patrick

Hoi Patrick, just caught up and when reading that unfortunate incident with your magnificent Majellan my heart skipped a beat.  However, from what you reported the damage is not unrepeatable.  I know with certainty that with your skills Majellan will rise just as majestic as she was before.

Cheers,  

Piet, The Flying Dutchman.

"Your greatest asset is not the quantity of your friends , rather the quality of your friends."  (old Chinese proverb)

Current Builds: Hr. Ms. Java 1925-1942

VOC Ship Surabaya

Planned Builds: Young America Diorama - scale 1:3000

Future Builds: KPM ship "MS Musi."  Zuiderzee Botter - scale 1:25. VOC Jacht in a 6" lamp,  Buginese fishing Prauw.  Hr. Ms. Java - Royal Navy Netherlands Cruiser.

Completed Builds:   Hr. Ms. O16 Submarine

Hr. Ms. O19 - Submarine Royal Navy Netherlands

Ship Yard Diorama with Topsail schooner -

Friendship Sloop Gwenfra

Muscongus Bay Lobster Smack    

Golden Hind - Cutte Sark (both not in this forum)

Hoi Patrick, just caught up and when reading that unfortunate incident with your magnificent Majellan my heart skipped a beat.  However, from what you reported the damage is not unrepeatable.  I know with certainty that with your skills Majellan will rise just as majestic as she was before.

Cheers,

Thanks Piet!

Have a great weekend

Cheers

Patrick

Big setback, what a bummer. But I am sure You can fix it. I once dropped a completly finished model when I wanted to screw it on the stand. :angry: It took me one week to restore

Big setback, what a bummer. But I am sure You can fix it. I once dropped a completly finished model when I wanted to screw it on the stand. :angry: It took me one week to restore

Hi Kees

Thanks!  I can certainly imagine how you felt when you dropped your ship, too!  

Definitely, not a nice feeling, at all.

Cheers

Patrick 

• 2 weeks later...

Hey there Patrick.........did you manage to get majellan back on course?  I hope you did!  ;)

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400

Hi Denis

Thanks for asking!  Whilst I was able to put most of her back together again over the following couple of days after the accident, I haven't been able to do much on Majellan for the past two to three weeks for various reasons.

Hopefully, I'll try to get back to her soon.

All the best

Patrick 

Edited by Omega1234

Hi everyone

Thanks for all of your Likes and comments, especially in relation to the 'little accident" that befell Majellan.  

Well, after the accident, I've put her all back together.  The following photos show Majellan so far.  A little bit of glue, putty and much swearing and, she's well on her way to being fully healed.  

The superstructure has received a few more coats of paint.  Once I've completed the painting of the superstructure, I can then get on with the lower deck's fit-out.  Oh...and let's not forget that there's also the painting of the hull, the addition of the rudders, propellers, radars, aerials, and adding the ship's boat and jet skis to the garage, etc, etc, etc. 

In other words, lots more work to go!!!  Fun, though.

All the best, everyone!

Cheers

Patrick

post-7645-0-49406500-1467291483_thumb.jpg

post-7645-0-12846300-1467291490_thumb.jpg

post-7645-0-21936400-1467291496_thumb.jpg

post-7645-0-21741400-1467291503_thumb.jpg

post-7645-0-75048500-1467291509_thumb.jpg

Edited by Omega1234

Ah.. our Majellan fix has returned.   I was hoping she'd be back and she is... looking even better.  

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

the bow came out great Patrick..........glad to see that the rest of the fix went as well!    glad to see her back in shape!  :)

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:

Hi Patrick

I am truly sorry to hear of your accident  about the Majellan, I always fear this kind of thing when I do carry one of my ships around, it sure is a heart stopper when this kind of thing happens. I am truly amazed at just how fast you and your little guys have straightened out this huge disaster. Looking over your rebuild out of your old ship yard it seams like she is better than before if that is at all possible, WELL DONE,                                                              REGARDS

Regards   Lawrence.

Thanks Lawrence

You're absolutely right about Majellan looking better after the accident.  How does that saying go - "every cloud has a silver lining"?  You see, having to fix the damage has forced me to address quite a few problems that I'd been putting off for a rainy day, e.g. the painting and fixing up a few areas of the superstructure which required alterations and improvements.

So, all in all, the accident wasn't so bad, after all.

Have a great weekend!

Cheers

Patrick

Great recovery Patrick, she looks splendiferous, Fantabulous and all that sort.  Well done.

Cheers,

Piet, The Flying Dutchman.

"Your greatest asset is not the quantity of your friends , rather the quality of your friends."  (old Chinese proverb)

Current Builds: Hr. Ms. Java 1925-1942

VOC Ship Surabaya

Planned Builds: Young America Diorama - scale 1:3000

Future Builds: KPM ship "MS Musi."  Zuiderzee Botter - scale 1:25. VOC Jacht in a 6" lamp,  Buginese fishing Prauw.  Hr. Ms. Java - Royal Navy Netherlands Cruiser.

Completed Builds:   Hr. Ms. O16 Submarine

Hr. Ms. O19 - Submarine Royal Navy Netherlands

Ship Yard Diorama with Topsail schooner -

Friendship Sloop Gwenfra

Muscongus Bay Lobster Smack    

Golden Hind - Cutte Sark (both not in this forum)