Triton cross section 1:48 by rafine

Hi Bob, Very nice job on on the deck and bulwarks planking.

Also lining the ports with red heart came out very nicely too. :) 

Rusty

"So Long For Now" B) 

Current Builds: Speedwell

Completed Build Logs:  HMS Winchelsea 1/48   Duchess of Kingston USF Confederacy , US Brig Syren , Triton Cross Section , Bomb Vessel Cross SectionCutter CheerfulQueen Anne Barge, Medway Longboat

Completed Build Gallery: Brig Syren , 1870 Mississippi Riverboat , 1949 Chris-Craft 19' Runabout

Only because I had to go to work my friend. ;) 

Rusty

"So Long For Now" B) 

Completed Build Logs:  HMS Winchelsea 1/48   Duchess of Kingston USF Confederacy , US Brig Syren , Triton Cross Section , Bomb Vessel Cross SectionCutter CheerfulQueen Anne Barge, Medway Longboat

Completed Build Gallery: Brig Syren , 1870 Mississippi Riverboat , 1949 Chris-Craft 19' Runabout

Bob,

neat job on the gun port lining, the planking is looking very professional. The top plank on the bulwarks needs to be rebated the thickness of the gangway planks, which are supposed to sit flush with the top of the frames. I made the same mistake, and spent a nervous hour carefully trimming the offending planks (on both sides) down to accomodate the gangways.

Regards,

Grant.

Thanks, Grant and Paddy. Grant, I've always assumed that as a result of cumulative creep I would have to make some adjustment as all of the planking, internal and external, is completed. 

Bob

Bob

Your build is looking really good. Nice work.

Ron

Current Build: H.M.S. Triton Cross Section 1:48

Why is it that I always find out the best way to do something is after I have already done it the wrong way? - Me

The second side of the gun deck and bulwark planking is now completed. I've also put the first coat of Wipe-on Poly finish on the bulwarks, gun deck framing and planking. I'm now working on the exterior planking.

Bob

post-186-0-74841700-1397144605_thumb.jpg

post-186-0-12631200-1397144640_thumb.jpg

post-186-0-57858600-1397144673_thumb.jpg

post-186-0-02938500-1397144701_thumb.jpg

Edited by rafine

Beautiful planking, Bob.  

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

That's very nice Bob. I really like the way you are presenting her. :) 

Rusty

"So Long For Now" B) 

Bob

The framing for your decks are superb and the deck planking looks really nice. Can't wait to see the exterior planking. 

Ron

Current Build: H.M.S. Triton Cross Section 1:48

Why is it that I always find out the best way to do something is after I have already done it the wrong way? - Me

I have now planked and treenailed the upper hull exterior. The planking is boxwood. In doing the planking, I made slight adjustments to create the rebate for the gangways. After completing this work, I applied a coat of Wipe-on Poly finish to the entire outer hull. The remaining work on the outer hull will consist of adding the moldings and trim, the fenders and the steps. That work is now underway.

Bob

post-186-0-04630000-1397144325_thumb.jpg

post-186-0-69535700-1397144368_thumb.jpg

post-186-0-49980200-1397144424_thumb.jpg

post-186-0-05664800-1397144468_thumb.jpg

Edited by rafine

Hi Bob,

It all looks very nice. So clean and crisp. Love it.

Rusty

"So Long For Now" B) 

It's not just crisp ----- it's 'Rafined' :)

Nice work!

Augie

Current Build: US Frigate Confederacy - MS 1:64

Previous Builds :

US Brig Syren (MS) - 2013 (see Completed Ship Gallery)

Greek Tug Ulises (OcCre) - 2009 (see Completed Ship Gallery)

Victory Cross Section (Corel) - 1988

Essex (MS) 1/8"- 1976

Cutty Sark (Revell 1:96) - 1956

Hi Bob.

Yes a have got to agree with the following you have, The treenails look great.

Regards Antony.

Best advice ever given to me."If you don't know ..Just ask.

Completed Mayflower

Completed Fun build Tail boat Tailboat

Completed Build Chinese Junk Chinese Pirate Junk

Completed scratch built Korean Turtle ship 1/32 Turtle ship

Completed Santa Lucia Sicilian Cargo Boat 1/30 scale Santa Lucia

On hold. Bounty Occre 1/45

Completed HMS Victory by DeAgostini modelspace. DeAgostini Victory Cross Section

Completed H.M.S. Victory X section by Coral. HMS Victory cross section

Completed The Black Pearl fun build Black Queen

Completed A large scale Victory cross section 1/36 Victory Cross Section

The outer hull is now complete with the addition of the molding, trim, fenders and steps. The molding is pear, made of two rounded and laminated pieces, rather than using a scraper on a single piece. The trim piece at the top is a piece of ebony. I chose to do this rather than another pear molding as a matter of artistic license. The fenders are cut from boxwood and sanded to shape. The steps are also boxwood and were filed to shape. Unlike some others, I chose to mount the fenders first and then added the molding and trim in pieces to fit. I just find it easier to get tight fits this way, rather than first mounting the moldings in one piece and trying to notch them perfectly.

It's now time to do the hatches, bitts and guns.

Bob

post-186-0-50516600-1375810712_thumb.jpg

post-186-0-04483000-1375810757_thumb.jpg

post-186-0-38252900-1375810806_thumb.jpg

post-186-0-66724100-1375810849_thumb.jpg

post-186-0-53547500-1375810896_thumb.jpg

post-186-0-85537600-1375810951_thumb.jpg

Looking very nice Bob. You are heading to the home stretch here! :) 

Rusty

"So Long For Now" B)