Omega1234

SHADOW by Omega1234 - FINISHED - Scale 1/300 - Luxury 60m Mega Yacht - 8 inches long

6 hours ago, Greg the peg leg sailor said:

G'day Patrick 

Bloody great job on the rooms. Must be so tedious to do them all.

Hopefully 'Eagle Eye' wouldn't see any spinners this time. Lol😆

Can't wait first the furniture. 

Havagooday matee 

Greg 

Hi Greg

Thanks. I guess 'boring' is one way to describe it, but it's still exciting to think that at least I'm getting closer to building all the fun stuff.

Can't wait!

Have a great week.

Cheers

Patrick

Thanks Denis

Really appreciate that.  Yep, you're right, though.  The cabins are TINY. I'm really beginning to wonder just what I've gotten myself in for, because there's not a hell of a lot of detail that I can add in them...but I'll try my best.

Oh well, at least I'm having heaps of fun (and satisfaction).  Can't ask any more than that, I guess!

Have a great week.

Cheers

Patrick

Having fun is the name of our game. And you are doing a splendid job, Patrick! Not to imitate Dennis with eagle-eyes, Looking through your pictures, I saw a hole in the floor, looks like along a passageway. Will that be for some stairs or a possible exhaust funnel on Shadow?

2 hours ago, Omega1234 said:

I'm really beginning to wonder just what I've gotten myself in for,

Cheers

Patrick

I'm wondering the same thing on my Mariefred, and it's three times larger in scale.

Bob

9 hours ago, bdgiantman2 said:

Having fun is the name of our game. And you are doing a splendid job, Patrick! Not to imitate Dennis with eagle-eyes, Looking through your pictures, I saw a hole in the floor, looks like along a passageway. Will that be for some stairs or a possible exhaust funnel on Shadow?

Hi Brian

Many thanks!  The holes that you mentioned are for the spiral staircases leading from the bilge deck to the upper decks. They look a bit odd now, but hopefully once the stairs are in place, things will make more sense.  Well...that's the plan anyway!

All the best. 

Patrick

8 hours ago, captainbob said:

I'm wondering the same thing on my Mariefred, and it's three times larger in scale.

Bob

Hi Bob

I hear ya, brother!  Maybe we're both just gluttons for punishment?  LOL

All the best!

Cheers 

Patrick

The cabins are TINY. I'm really beginning to wonder just what I've gotten myself in for, because there's not a hell of a lot of detail that I can add in them

You could enlarge a few, make them more spacious as one would expect on a yacht this size (and probably value), and the remaining smaller ones change into walk in closets, and/or hidden compartments for illegal traffic ;):):D

14 hours ago, cog said:

Greg,

You need sometin' to keep up such a hughe investment ...

(sorry Patrick, I couldn't resist ... I'll retreat quietly into my little corner and shut up)

Hahah. Carl!

Loved it.  No probs.

PS. You can out of your corner now!😊

Cheers

Patrick

Hi folks!

Thanks for all of your Likes and comments!

Well, she's getting there, albeit slowly.  It may not actually look like there's been a lot done since my last update, but a lot of the work has been devoted to building more cabins and a myriad of other fine measurements and trimming of bits and pieces here and there.

Anyhow, I thought you may like to see where she's at via the following photos.

Have a good week!

Cheers

Patrick

2017-03-28 21.59.44.jpg

2017-03-28 22.00.24.jpg

2017-03-28 22.01.20.jpg

2017-03-28 22.04.24.jpg

2017-03-28 22.06.03.jpg

2017-03-28 22.06.11.jpg

2017-03-28 22.08.30.jpg

17 hours ago, pete48 said:

Incredible work Patrick , You sure have become a Mega Yacht Builder, Well done 

Best Regards, 

Pete 

15 hours ago, mtaylor said:

I'm in awe, Patrick.   Gob-smacked as it were.  

14 hours ago, captainbob said:

Most of us would stop with the outsides done as you have it now.  Well done.

Bob

11 hours ago, rwiederrich said:

Good night nurse!  Patrick...

Well done and all that detail in shucha small exploded version.  Great concept...fine execution.B)

Adding the furnishings will be something entirely.:P

Rob

4 hours ago, Greg the peg leg sailor said:

G'day Patrick 

Bloody amazing results on the rooms layouts mate. Now the fun part starts......... can't wait!

havagooday 

Greg 

Thanks Pete, Mark Greg, Rob and Greg!

It's fantastic that you're enjoying Shadow's journey.  Lots of waters still to be crossed, but it's been calm and enjoyable so far.

All the best!

Cheers

Patrick

Hi everyone

I hope you're all enjoying your weekends!

Woohoo!!!  I decided to take a break from doing the cabin layouts to work on the fitting out of the Main Saloon.  Although it's still early days, Shadow now has the main settees (albeit, minus their cushions, which will be added later), four small rectangular coffee tables on the blue floor mat, and the main dining room table, complete with 14 dining chairs.  

Lots of fun to go, folks!

I hope you enjoy the following photos.

Cheers

Patrick

2017-04-01 21.42.31.jpg

2017-04-01 21.42.43.jpg

2017-04-01 21.43.01.jpg

2017-04-01 21.43.34.jpg

2017-04-01 21.44.21.jpg

G'day Patrick 

Bloody incredible work mate. I would assume that you are using a mask- to stop your normal breathing to blow over those pins head size chairs! What a tedious job! 

That last photo with your hugh thumb says it all.

Oh don't forget to put some mags on the coffee tables, along with champaign classes and a bottle of bubbly, when you do the cushions. 

Outstanding work mate.

havagooday tomorrow 

Greg 

Thanks Greg!

You're right about the tiny chairs.  I've lost a couple very quickly already...!

The champers is on ice awaiting Shadow's maiden voyage.

Thanks again and enjoy your weekend.

Cheers

Patrick