UK: Partially built Billing Boats Norske Love needs adoption

A lady by the name of Diane posted to our FB page looking for someone to re-home her dad's partially completed Billing Boats Norske Love. She's not looking to sell it -- just hoping that someone might like to give it a good home. She has the box and remaining materials. She lives in South Leicestershire. If interested, PM me, and I'll get the two of you in touch.

Here's her original post:

Hello I wonder if anyone on here can help me. My dad who was ex merchant navy/ ex Grimsby trawlers was given the model ship norska love as a retirement present. He spent many hours building it as I'm sure you would all know what is involved. Unfortunately as he got older and his eye sight wasn't so good, as well as having Parkinson's disease, it was not possible for him to complete the rigging. It's all still there in the box ready to be completed. I was hoping maybe there is an enthusiast out there who would give it the time and commitment that it deserves. It seems such a waste when it could go to A good home where it would be completed, displayed and cherished. Thank you for reading. I'm sorry the photos are not brilliant, I can always get more if someone is genuinely interestsd. We are in South leicestershire. Thankyou. Diane

No photo description available.

Chris Coyle
Greer, South Carolina

When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
- Tuco

Current builds: Brigantine Phoenix, Salmson 2

Chris

It's not mid to late 19th century sail/steam combination, I wouldn't be the one to love it, I was thinking that Mark Taylor might be a match for various reasons. Shipping cost could be shared or wholly covered by someone here in the US if it was their cuppa.

KB

Hi Chris

I could probably help with that, Keith black just sent me the link over, tried to pm you but as Keith says jt won't accept any messages

Regards

Paul

Edited by paulsutcliffe

The clerk of the cheque's yacht of sheerness

Current build HMS Sirius (1797) 1:48 scratch POF from NMM plans

HMS Winchelsea by chuck 1:48

Cutter cheerful by chuck 1:48

Previous builds-

Elidir - Thames steam barge

Cutty Sark-Billings boats

Wasa - billings boats

Among others 😁

What a shame, I wish I lived close enough to them, I would have been more than willing to finish the model and give it back to them to cherish and have something to remember their father by. I hope someone on here fairly close to them will step up and help them out. I hate seeing models like this half finished especially when it's a situation such as this one.

mike

Edited by mtdoramike

47 minutes ago, mtdoramike said:

What a shame, I wish I lived close enough to them, I would have been more than willing to finish the model and give it back to them to cherish and have something to remember their father by. I hope someone on here fairly close to them will step up and help them out. I hate seeing models like this half finished especially when it's a situation such as this one.

mike

I agree with you, Mike.

Chris has forwarded my details as yet I have not heard back from the lady

Regards

Paul 

Previous builds-

Wasa - billings boats

Among others 😁

sad to hear........I feel the same way.  I was the one who found out about our dear friend Augie's passing..........it was such a good feeling to have found Sean {Moonbug} to finish his Confederacy build.  

I wonder how much it would cost to get it here?  I've always said that if I were to build a ship like this,  it would be the Norske.   I'd be willing,  should Paul not decide to take her.

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller
Phylly C & Denny-Zen - the Lobsie twins - bashed & semi scratch dual build

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Billing's Gothenborg 1:100 / Billing's Boulogne Etaples 1:20
Billing's Half Moon 1:40 - some scratch required
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400
Trawler Syborn - semi scratch / Holiday Harbor dual build - semi scratch

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, Does this ship still need a home? I live local to the lady?

Current Build(s):

• H.M.S Diana 1794 - Caldercraft 1:64 Scale

Completed Builds:

I still haven't heard anything either

Previous builds-

Wasa - billings boats

Among others 😁

• 3 weeks later...

Paul, did you ever hear back from these folks? The best thing that could happen is that it stays in the family and hopefully that's what they've decided to do but it would nice of them to respond accordingly. 

No nothing im afraid

Previous builds-

Wasa - billings boats

Among others 😁