I am in the process of building the Brig Niagara, I purchased hooks for my blocks from Syren, and I did not purchase enough. I have contacted them and they no longer carry these parts. I have searched the several different suppliers but have no been able to find and alternate supplier. Does anyone know where I could obtain additional quantities. In the past I tried making my own with brass wire but was not happy with the results.

Thanks

Unless I'm missing something, they don't seem to have a very good selection..

SEARCH RESULTS FOR 'HOOKS'

Luck is just another word for good preparation.

—MICHAEL ROSE

Current builds:    Rattlesnake (Scratch From MS Plans 

On Hold:  HMS Resolution ( AKA Ferrett )

In the Gallery: Yacht Mary,  Gretel, French Cannon

I looked at all the suggestions, Age of Sail has the 3mm hooks, but it also includes the deadeye strops at a small quatity (10). The Dafinismus.de web site has a large sheet of hooks with many sizes that  I do not need. In fact it does not look like any of them are the correct size.

I need about 75 to 100 hooks depending on how many go flying into the lost parts hole.

Thanks everyone.

• 2 weeks later...

• 2 weeks later...

Ron,

Please put the build photos and text into your build log as that's a more appropriate place.  Thanks.

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

• 1 month later...