Jump to content

Triton Cross Section by Snowmans


Recommended Posts

I am part way through the Cross Section build, and will put up all the pictures I had. The text will have to be reduced to a few notes. This is my first attempt at scratch building, and all the timber used is cut down from what I have in the shed. Mostly recycled native timber beams, or logs that have been drying for several years. I have been working on this now for about 18 months.

 

Sanded to thickness.

 

201201071505261.jpg

 

Home built thickness sander.

 

20111227151524.jpg

 

Ready to start cutting.

 

20120107153738.jpg

 

20120107160051.jpg
 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yeah, I have some the pictures I have taken but none the text. I know when I started the build I spent several hours going through all the past build logs and getting information.This was a great help. I figure others will do the same.

 

Frames cut out and seperated into each frame. I used two colors to tell the front and rear parts for each frame.

 

20120120213433.jpg

 

Sanding the outside radius. This sander I built with a motor from work that was going to be thrown away.

 

20120211161311.jpg

 

Sanding the inside radius. I have since upgraded the drill press so would be a lot easier no do now. The old one had a wobble in the chuck.

 

20120211162321.jpg
 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

This log is making me look like I can build at speed. Normally I only get a couple of hours a week in the shed after the kids are in bed.

 

Slight gap. this is the one I remade.

 

img4695y.jpg
 

img4693s.jpg
 

Glueing the keel.

 

20120407154804.jpg
 

20120408154133.jpg

 

Slot cut with the corner of a razor blade. I saw this on someone elses build log and thought I should try it. 

 

dsc00051vca.jpg
 

20120408164701.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Nearly up to date with the older photos. Made a zero clearance insert for the bandsaw and cut the timber for the lower deck and gun deck. All put through thethickness sander and finished to the correct size. Now I am able to do the next few stages in the shed during the evenings. The wood is a piece of rimu that had been used a paking for a larger order of timber. I saved a few off these while I worked at a building supplies company.

 

20130105163518.jpg
 

Ripped down with the bench saw.

 

20121216154714.jpg

 

Resawn with the bandsaw. Finished with the sander after this pic was taken.

 

20130106154821.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...