New to MSW

Hi all and thank for accepting me as a member on this forum. I’m living in the south of the Netherlands in a city called Rotterdam. I'm 54 and working as a safety advisor in the maritime sector for an Dutch offshore company. As a young kid I started to build plastic air planes, cars and tank kits. In my youth I worked for several years as a carpenter and parqueteer and so I have some experience with wood. Somewhere in 2000 I started with my first wooden ship the HMS President, (Sergal kit) which I finished recently. That it took more than 20 years to finish a build requires some further explanation.

Despite the lack of knowledge and experience, the construction of the hull went quite well. But with 2 big hands, the lack of knowledge, proper tools and clear instructions, rigging was less easy for me. As a result, I lost interest and saw the layer of dust getting thicker over the years.

Since September 2019 I have been at home due to circumstances. To avoid getting bored I picked up my old hobby and took the ship model off the shelf. After some research on the internet I bought the necessary tools and materials and started all over again with the rigging. With the information found on the internet, I finally managed to finish my first model ship.

Now that I have finished the president, I have been caught by the modellers virus and recently started my second ship the Hermione Lafayette, (Artesania Latina kit) of which I have almost finished the hull. Finally, I would like to thank everyone for those beautiful build logs and information that made it possible for me to finish my ship.

Best regards

IMG_0094.jpg

:sign:

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

Welcome to MSW.

Regards, Patrick

Finished :  Soleil Royal Heller 1/100   Wasa Billing Boats   Bounty Revell 1/110 plastic (semi scratch)   Pelican / Golden Hind  1/45 scratch

Current build :  Mary Rose 1/50 scratch

Gallery Revell Bounty  Pelican/Golden hind 1/45 scratch

To do Prins Willem Corel, Le Tonnant Corel, Yacht d'Oro Corel, Thermopylae Sergal 

Shore leave,  non ship models build logs :  

ADGZ M35 funkwagen 1/72    Einhets Pkw. Kfz.2 and 4 1/72   Autoblinda AB40 1/72   122mm A-19 & 152mm ML-20 & 12.8cm Pak.44 {K8 1/2} 1/72   10.5cm Howitzer 16 on Mark. VI(e)  Centurion Mk.1 conversion   M29 Weasel 1/72     SAM6 1/72    T26 Finland  T26 TN 1/72  Autoprotetto S37 1/72     Opel Blitz buses 1/72  Boxer and MAN trucks 1/72   Hetzer38(t) Starr 1/72    

Si vis pacem, para bellum

Hi All,

Thank you for your warm welcome

@ Erniel, Borden & James H, thank you for your comments

@ Jasseji. 😁 Hello from the Netherlands

Stay safe and well,

PeterB010

Edited by PeterB010
adding name