That's a great family to get you a present like that Nenad. And some fine looking chain for being home-made. Nice job!

Cheers

GEORGE

MgrHa7Z.gif

Don't be bound by the limits of what you already know, be unlimited by what you are willing to learn.

Member of the Nautical Research Guild

The chain gets even better...  beyond impressive....  Wow!

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

Thanks Marc and George.

It is easy. Just little playin with a thin but strong twisted netting thread, lighter to burn hairs, acrylic color and acrylic warnish to give basic color, hardness and longitudinal elastic, and , carefly making knoths, not squezze hard, then extend "chain" little until little holes appear, and gold acrylic over.

Real thing will come when riggong chains come to line, I.am not sure about self-made chains for that purpose

In progress:

CUTTY SARK - Tehnodidakta => scratch => Campbell plans

http://modelshipworld.com/index.php/topic/2501-cutty-sark-by-nenad-tehnodidakta-scratched-campbells-plans/page-1#entry64653

Content of log :

http://modelshipworld.com/index.php/topic/2501-cutty-sark-by-nenad-tehnodidakta-scratched-campbells-plans/page-62#entry217381

Past build:

Stella, Heller kit, plastic, Santa Maria, Tehnodidakta kit, wood, Jolly Roger Heller kit, plastic

Let me add my congratulations for your chain-work ... and add a 'Happy Birthday', as well !!

:cheers:

CaptainSteve
Current Build:  HM Granado Bomb Vessel (Caldercraft)

My BathTub:    Queen Anne Barge (Syren Ship Models)       Log:  Queen Anne Barge (an build log)

Bounty Launch (Model Shipways)                 Log:  Bounty Launch by CaptainSteve
                        Apostol Felipe (OcCre)
                        HMS Victory (Constructo)
Check It Out:   The Kit-Basher's Guide to The Galaxy

Nenad I have the number for a place with a padded cell and comfortable straight jackets.  Do you want me to give them a call? :)

Excellent work your chain looks great.

David B

Hi Nenad,

I've been lurking on your build of the CC.  I like that you went with the "gold" plates.  I am eventually going to build another Cutty and am going to do the same thing.  I just found some brass rolls on eBay from China that are .10mm thick, which is the same as the Amati copper plates.  I have ordered some and am going to look into what I'm going to do about the rivets.  I REALLY like what Nils does.  I might do that.

Good job on your CC!

Happy birthday Nenad.  Your chain looks awesome!

Cheers,

Piet, The Flying Dutchman.

"Your greatest asset is not the quantity of your friends , rather the quality of your friends."  (old Chinese proverb)

Current Builds: Hr. Ms. Java 1925-1942

VOC Ship Surabaya

Planned Builds: Young America Diorama - scale 1:3000

Future Builds: KPM ship "MS Musi."  Zuiderzee Botter - scale 1:25. VOC Jacht in a 6" lamp,  Buginese fishing Prauw.  Hr. Ms. Java - Royal Navy Netherlands Cruiser.

Completed Builds:   Hr. Ms. O16 Submarine

Hr. Ms. O19 - Submarine Royal Navy Netherlands

Ship Yard Diorama with Topsail schooner -

Friendship Sloop Gwenfra

Muscongus Bay Lobster Smack    

Golden Hind - Cutte Sark (both not in this forum)

What was I thinking earlier.....HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!    

Mark

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

nice to see what the fashionable ships are wearing these days!?!?!  neat idea of making chain..........gonna be another added touch to your Cutty!

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller
Phylly C & Denny-Zen - the Lobsie twins - bashed & semi scratch dual build

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Billing's Gothenborg 1:100 / Billing's Boulogne Etaples 1:20
Billing's Half Moon 1:40 - some scratch required
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400
Trawler Syborn - semi scratch / Holiday Harbor dual build - semi scratch

Hi Nenad,

I've been lurking on your build of the CC. I like that you went with the "gold" plates. I am eventually going to build another Cutty and am going to do the same thing. I just found some brass rolls on eBay from China that are .10mm thick, which is the same as the Amati copper plates. I have ordered some and am going to look into what I'm going to do about the rivets. I REALLY like what Nils does. I might do that.

Good job on your CC!

If your talking about the stuff I think you are I've got some for my model got the idea from Dafi. But befor applying it you turn it over its possible to create raised rivets on the front by using either a roller used in leather work. Not the stitch punch, or even a blunt pin. On a sheet of har rubber like neoprene. Then when it's turned over to the facing side hay presto lots of lovely rivets. And you won't even have to fire up the forge. If you want I can send you a length to try out just pm me.

Almost forgot Happy birthday and I hope the admiral is feeling better.

Edited by Izzy Madd

Ongoing builds,

SCutty Sark Revell 1/350 (Mini Nannie)

Cutty Sark Airfix 1/130 (Big Sis)

Will (Everard) Billings 1/65 but with wooden bottom, because I can

Let me add my congratulations for your chain-work ... and add a 'Happy Birthday', as well !!

:cheers:

Thanks, Cap

As I see, this is not bashing, Cap, rather improvisation

Nenad I have the number for a place with a padded cell and comfortable straight jackets.  Do you want me to give them a call? :)

Excellent work your chain looks great.

David B

Thank you for your care Dave, it is too early. I ll sure keep your offer in mind when time comes

Hi Nenad,

I've been lurking on your build of the CC.  I like that you went with the "gold" plates.  I am eventually going to build another Cutty and am going to do the same thing.  I just found some brass rolls on eBay from China that are .10mm thick, which is the same as the Amati copper plates.  I have ordered some and am going to look into what I'm going to do about the rivets.  I REALLY like what Nils does.  I might do that.

Good job on your CC!

Wellcome Salty. Would you be kind to post me in PM link you found ? To have it when time comes

Happy birthday Nenad.  Your chain looks awesome!

Cheers,

Thank you Piet. Trick is to overcome natural twisted structure of any thread, which I did applying several layers of acrylic varnish and color

What was I thinking earlier.....HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!    

Thank you MArk, I was wondering how do you succeed to follow and to contribute all logs where are you participant. Do you spent 28 hours a day in front of PC ? Any log I visit, here are you, and I learn and enjoy reading your comments 

I'm glad I looked in;  Happy Birthday, my Friend!  Hope you are doing well, along with the Admiral (and of course Hothead and Princess..)  I am following your scratch-built chain;  very innovative!   (many more "Hmmms....)

All the best,

~Bob

Thank you Bob. I hope to see soon extension of your three logs. Your brilliant CS log keep a piece of fault for changing my attitude to my own model. Yes, things go forward ... and backward ... and forward ... that is life.

nice to see what the fashionable ships are wearing these days!?!?!  neat idea of making chain..........gonna be another added touch to your Cutty!

Hey Denis, I asked Her before - "Do you want Swarowski or something ?" She answered - "No, make something by yourself", So, what to do - her wish is my command

If your talking about the stuff I think you are I've got some for my model got the idea from Dafi. But befor applying it you turn it over its possible to create raised rivets on the front by using either a roller used in leather work. Not the stitch punch, or even a blunt pin. On a sheet of har rubber like neoprene. Then when it's turned over to the facing side hay presto lots of lovely rivets. And you won't even have to fire up the forge. If you want I can send you a length to try out just pm me.

Almost forgot Happy birthday and I hope the admiral is feeling better.

Thank you Izzy very much

Not working on Her, a couple of torned and disorganized days which I just can not overcome and forcibly put obligations in schedule. Next is knothing and making over 50-70 cm of chain, to have it same for anchors later, and as reserve

I hope to continue at the end of week. Only have time to visit MSW to see what is new

In progress:

http://modelshipworld.com/index.php/topic/2501-cutty-sark-by-nenad-tehnodidakta-scratched-campbells-plans/page-1#entry64653

Content of log :

http://modelshipworld.com/index.php/topic/2501-cutty-sark-by-nenad-tehnodidakta-scratched-campbells-plans/page-62#entry217381

Past build:

Stella, Heller kit, plastic, Santa Maria, Tehnodidakta kit, wood, Jolly Roger Heller kit, plastic

С Днем Рождения Nenad!

This is the stuff I'm talking about:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1pcs-Brass-Metal-Thin-Sheet-Foil-0-1-x-200-x-1000-mm-E3-C01-/171729899489?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item27fbe64fe1

Izzy thanks very much for your offer.  I'm ok waiting for the stuff.  I really appreciate it!

Thanks Salty!

Returning from town aftet two meetings, and traffic collapse ( 4 km of highway lasts almost hour) I made/prepare threads and left them dry well, hanging on workshop window. Had to tell Admiral and Princes this is not garbidge

Using some connections, we shortened two months lasting, medical scanner waiting period to tomorrow morning, with maybe biopsy for next week, depends of results. Nervous time

Thinking ... which and what kind is this country, when you have to wait two months for diagnose? What with poor people and honest workers who do not have conections? Why, to hell, anybody has to use, even to think about using, any connections if he regulary pays his taxes and has health and social insurance. It makes me very very angry. In Serbia you have to find connections even for birth delivery ... Why would any of university or college educated kid want to stay here? I support my kids in their decission to find their luck at another side of border

Edited by Nenad

In progress:

Content of log :

Past build:

Hate hearing about that Nenad. You have to wonder what goes through the minds of those people in charge.  :rolleyes: This country has a lot of similarities in that respect. I think the people in charge of government, should be made to live just like the majority of other people. 

Cheers

GEORGE

MgrHa7Z.gif

Don't be bound by the limits of what you already know, be unlimited by what you are willing to learn.

even here in the states,  with the system we have..........some still have to wait.   it's a sad state of affairs  :(   I wish you luck,  and hope that it's not serious.

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller
Phylly C & Denny-Zen - the Lobsie twins - bashed & semi scratch dual build

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Billing's Gothenborg 1:100 / Billing's Boulogne Etaples 1:20
Billing's Half Moon 1:40 - some scratch required
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400
Trawler Syborn - semi scratch / Holiday Harbor dual build - semi scratch

Scanner results are not good, biopsy is schedulled for thursday, ... we hope that surgery and therapy can resolve this situation. Next week will bring more clear situation

I am not sure when I shall be able to continue with CS, so it seems that some kind of stand-by will be here, except ... I must do something if I dont want to go out of mind. Home must keep on livin, office must keep on working, life must go on. If I find time and will, I'll keep on. Admiral is strong woman, I am strong, we raise kids to be strong, and we will fight with this

In mean time, I'll keep on to follow news on MSW

Considering this is build log, I'll be thankfull if you could be pleased to use PM if you want to chat/coment/post about.

Edited by Nenad

In progress:

Content of log :

Past build:

All my hopes for a good outcome Nenad!  We all do what we have to for family, and the CS will be there when you're ready.

Cheers

GEORGE

MgrHa7Z.gif

I pray that your biopsy comes up clean.  What do they think you have.  If it was not for my health insurance my fight would have cost me a half a million dollars. When I was at the Hope Lodge my heart went out to those who lost their ins and had to have medicare.  They were alway doing battle every time they went to the hospital.  My Dr. is one of the leading experts on my form of cancer and made me go through a two stage transplant.  Medicare will only let them do one stage saying the second stage is not necessary. May god bless you and help you along. 

David B

Thank you Dave. Not me. Admiral (post #2092). I wish to be me instead Her

Edited by Nenad

In progress:

Content of log :

Past build:

In mean time, I'll keep on to follow news on MSW

Considering this is build log, I'll be thankfull if you could be pleased to use PM if you want to chat/coment/post about.

Nenad,

I suggest using the MSW Sick Bay for the updates: http://modelshipworld.com/index.php/topic/6504-msw-sick-bay/

My heart goes out to you, we're having our medical issues (Admiral's) and it's taking lots of time to sort it all out.

Mark

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:

I don't tend to talk about problems with me or mine much as we all have our crosses to bear, but as Dave already knows, I've been going through about the same thing with my Admiral. Don't know what it is with this last 8 or 9 months, but it seems a bunch of us here, are in the same boat. (no pun intended) All we can do is pray for the best for ourselves and each other, as do I for everybody here. 

Edited by GLakie

GEORGE

MgrHa7Z.gif

I don't tend to talk about problems with me or mine much as we all have our crosses to bear, but as Dave already knows, I've been going through about the same thing with my Admiral. Don't know what it is with this last 8 or 9 months, but it seems a bunch of us here, are in the same boat. (no pun intended) All we can do is pray for the best for ourselves and each other, as do I for everybody here.

And to fight !!!!!

In progress:

Content of log :

Past build:

A few very hard days facing with totally disintegrated health and hospital system here ( eleven hours waiting in front of different doors, one whole night, and finally after 4 days of hell Admiral is in hospital waiting for biopsy. Princess is in downtown, Hothead returned to his study as his main duty. The greatest success in whole our life is - we made and raised strong children. Coming back from hospital I noticed that grass goes wild because I was occupied, and after fighting grass, wishing to save myself from "bad-end movies" I make in my head those days, now fully understanding new meaning of words "sound of silence" in empty home, I decided to finally make my windlass chains.

After several nervous attempts and broken ropes, it seems I hit it

Here is first 20cm of chain

post-4738-0-41412800-1430943411_thumb.jpg

And on this point, again aesthetic question arise.

On C-plans, as on Lou's pictures, chains are mounted on windlass, move to the back over winch and through pipe go down under deck

post-4738-0-30180400-1430943628_thumb.jpg

Same as on one old photo I found

post-4738-0-40835400-1430943844_thumb.jpg

But, after time Lou's pictures were made, it seems that chains are removed from windlass, and, again different shown in different periods photos, they are layed in different part of main deck

post-4738-0-38492600-1430943793.jpg

post-4738-0-53472100-1430943805.jpg

post-4738-0-60446500-1430943819.jpg

On younger photos it can be seen that pipes through which chains pass down are missing. I think that this pipes have to be nice detail on model

I do not know reason why they are moved - probably visitors often faltered ;)

After short time facing with dilemma how and where to lay chains, I decided to follow C-plans and Lou's pictures

Edited by Nenad

In progress:

Content of log :

Past build: