Sovereign of the Seas by Denis R - FINISHED - Mantua - 1:78 scale

Impressive and inspirational work, Denis.

BTW birthdays are nice opportunities to improve workshop. Last year I've got dremel/einhell complet, this year I've got mini torch which was converted on way to me to the set of acrylic paints

In progress:

CUTTY SARK - Tehnodidakta => scratch => Campbell plans

http://modelshipworld.com/index.php/topic/2501-cutty-sark-by-nenad-tehnodidakta-scratched-campbells-plans/page-1#entry64653

Content of log :

http://modelshipworld.com/index.php/topic/2501-cutty-sark-by-nenad-tehnodidakta-scratched-campbells-plans/page-62#entry217381

Past build:

Stella, Heller kit, plastic, Santa Maria, Tehnodidakta kit, wood, Jolly Roger Heller kit, plastic

well,  in any case.........while it may be too late to use your new toys on your present build......your next one will look all the better for it!

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller
Phylly C & Denny-Zen - the Lobsie twins - bashed & semi scratch dual build

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Billing's Gothenborg 1:100 / Billing's Boulogne Etaples 1:20
Billing's Half Moon 1:40 - some scratch required
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400
Trawler Syborn - semi scratch / Holiday Harbor dual build - semi scratch

Hi Popeye

I want to use them for part of the SOS when finished, I am not going to use the stand that is in the kit.

I am going to make some supports to go along the bottom of the hull, so it will look like she is in dry dock ( just hope it works out OK ).

You have to try don't you.

Denis.

Good luck with those supports Denis. Sounds like just the project to break in that new toy. I'm very jealous.

Hi Timmo

I think I need all the luck I can get ha ha  ( not joking ).

Have you got any hard wood suppliers down in Hamilton , I have e-mailed 3 saw mills and they don't e-mail back.

Denis.

Haven't really looked.

If it's for stocks/ slipway material for the SOS you could try a demolition yard. Demolition Traders down here has a huge pile of old kauri, rimu etc floor and weatherboards that could be nice very nice sawn into scale beams and blocks under the mighty sovereign's keel. I'm hoping a stash of native timber boards at a recently departed elderly aunt's place comes my way....

Hi All

Well another birthday ha ha, Disco Sandy arrived today.

Like the Table Saw it is so well made that words just fail me.

A big THANK you Jim and Donna.

Denis.

post-303-0-63477300-1399521606_thumb.jpg

post-303-0-94081000-1399521620_thumb.jpg

post-303-0-96604200-1399521632_thumb.jpg

post-303-0-31152100-1399521643_thumb.jpg

Hi All

Now I have finished playing with my new toys :( :(, until my thickness sander arrives :D :D.

It is back to the SOS.

Just doing more rigging, when all this has been finished ( about 3 weeks ) it will be onto the mizzen mast.

Denis.

post-303-0-71307900-1399529007_thumb.jpg

post-303-0-06449900-1399529027_thumb.jpg

post-303-0-04078600-1399529047_thumb.jpg

post-303-0-21477600-1399529067_thumb.jpg

looking great Den...........your nearly done spinning the web!  very well organized  ;)

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400

Hi Gary

I am not sure if I will be happy when she is finished .

I think I will be a bit on the sad side than happy, as she has taken a long time.

I think I will look at it like this, its like losing an older sister then start to change nappies on a new one ha ha.

Denis.

Happy birthday Denis  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D

Great tool you've got there.

I have the sand disc from Proxxon and just love it !

Have fun with yours.

Also have fun with your spiderweb  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D

Looks......bussy  ;)

animaatjes-sjors-94584.gif

Hi Sjors

Yes it is a bit of a web , but every time I have a go at it I am thinking of the sailors that had to man handle the ropes when she was sailing .

And I think to my self if they can do it in real life then I can do it on a model.

Cannot wait for my next birthday in 3-4 weeks :D :D :D :D :D :D.

Denis.

janet

Hi Dennis glad to see you bought the Byrnes table saw, a very  good accesary is the micrometer adjustment its very usefull as regards the sanding machine one very

good feature the sanding drums  just use a sheet of sndpaper so it is very easy to change,other makes use a tube of sandpaper which is more difficult to change.

Best, wishes.

looking super Den.........I see a lot less coils on there.  very nice!

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:

Hi All

99% of the main mast to foremast finished, just some on the outside of the main yard that will be done at a later date.

Just started the shroud lines.

Denis.

post-303-0-01905900-1400814734_thumb.jpg

post-303-0-74211700-1400814748_thumb.jpg

post-303-0-77346600-1400814764_thumb.jpg

post-303-0-79120200-1400814782_thumb.jpg

Hi Edwin

Thank you.

I have not had time to have a go with my new tools yet ,

Went and got some wood yesterday so I can have play with them.

Another birthday next week as I hope my new thickness sander will arrive.

Denis.

the last picture really shows how tall she is.............looking good!  ;)

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:

Hello Denis,Nice just nice,you are a Master,how do you like your new toys,Edwin :piratebo5:

Sure looking great. That is a ton of lines with still a lot of them to go. Masterly done.

I guess it is unanimous! (It also means I am right hahaha) You really are a Master my friend, and your Sovereign of the Seas looks fantastic! 

Although it might be one of the best looking ships that every graced the seas, I am betting that with your new toys, and your skills you will build something even more magnificent!