HMS Winchelsea 1764 a 1/35 por Jorge Diaz O

Hello, I start the construction of the HMS Winchelsea 1764 at 1/35 full scracht. I will use marine plywood for the false frames and false keel. For the hull lining and wooden decks by Raulí Huelle and some details in American Oak. It will be completely painted and the work alive with copper. I hope to do the rigging and the sails. I use google translator

001.JPG

002.JPG

003.JPG

004.JPG

004b.JPG

005.JPG

007.JPG

008.JPG

009.JPG

010.JPG

011.JPG

012.JPG

013.JPG

014.JPG

015.JPG

017.JPG

-HMS Tritón 1/48 1773 en scracht (TERMINADO)

-HMS Winchelsea 1/35  1764 full scracht (EN PROYECTO)

notpirate.png

Great start!  I look forward to your progress..

Do you have plans for sourcing the figurehead and carvings at 1:35, or will you be carving it all yourself?

Luck is just another word for good preparation.

—MICHAEL ROSE

Current builds:    Rattlesnake (Scratch From MS Plans 

On Hold:  HMS Resolution ( AKA Ferrett )

In the Gallery: Yacht Mary,  Gretel, French Cannon

12 minutes ago, Gregory said:

¡Gran comienzo! Espero su progreso ..

¿Tiene planes para obtener el mascarón de proa y las tallas a la 1:35, o lo tallará todo usted mismo?

Hello, I have the complete plans from mr. Passaro at 1/35 and I will do all the sizes, they will not be the best but I will try.

notpirate.png

Hi Jorge,

Great to see you finally sharing your build with us!

I will sure follow your build!

First of all, I have the greatest and deepest respect for people like you who saw everything themselves!
I see you also make the connections in the keel etc. as they actualy should be, wow!

Keep the updates coming!

Cheers,

Frank.

Current builds on MSW:

HMS Winchelsea 1:48

Prior builds on MSW:

None

8 hours ago, FrankWouts said:

Hola jorge

¡Es bueno verte finalmente compartiendo tu construcción con nosotros!

¡Seguro que seguiré tu construcción!

En primer lugar, tengo el mayor y más profundo respeto por las personas como tú que vieron todo por sí mismas.
Veo que también haces las conexiones en la quilla, etc., como deberían ser, ¡guau!

¡Sigan llegando actualizaciones!

Salud,

Franco.

Thank you very much friends GL y  FrankWouts  your comments, that encourages me to continue and improve the quality of my technique. I hold him back a lot.

notpirate.png

¡todo el mundo necesita un gato o dos ayudantes!

Everyone needs a helper cat or two!

Edited by Tim Holt

Tim

Current Build:  Swift Pilot Boat 1805 (AL)

On Deck: Triton Cross Section, Harvey (AL), Falcon US Coast Guard (AL), Flying Fish (Model Shipways)

Hace 16 minutos, bdgiantman2 dijo:

Jorge, tu modelo de Winnie se ve muy bien, y muy buen trabajo con las bahías de los cañones. También hiciste un gran trabajo con todos los fotogramas adicionales para mostrar cada fotograma de la nave real. Tu gato gris y blanco es mi favorito de tus peludos ayudantes.

¡Salud!

Brian :)

Hello,bdgiantman2 thank you very much for commenting, I wanted to make the frames to have a better base and guide for the main wales ... That kitten is called "Amaro" and it is the smallest of the 4, now they are cutting the strakes.

Edited by Jorge Diaz O

notpirate.png

Really nice progress, Jorge.

But you made a little mistakes by the gun ports. They are not perpendicular. The bottom lid and the top lid are parallel to the gun deck. So you have always a rhomboid.

Why do you choose 1/35 and not 1/36 or 1/32? I know the scale from military model building but not from ship modelbuilding

Regards Christian

Current build: HM Cutter Alert, 1777; HM Sloop Fly, 1776 - 1/36

On the drawing board: English Ship Sloops Fly, 1776, Comet, 1783 and Aetna, 1776; Naval Cutter Alert, 1777

Paused: HMS Triton, 1771 - 1/48

"Have no fear of perfection - you'll never reach it." Salvador Dali

Hace 11 horas, AnobiumPunctatum dijo:

Realmente buen progreso, Jorge.

Pero cometiste algunos errores en los puertos de las armas. No son perpendiculares. La tapa inferior y la tapa superior están paralelas a la plataforma de la pistola. Entonces siempre tienes un romboide.

¿Por qué elige 1/35 y no 1/36 o 1/32? Conozco la escala por la construcción de modelos militares, pero no por la construcción de modelos de barcos.

Hola, gracias por tus comentarios, pero los bolsillos son iguales en distancia, forma, tamaño y ubicación que el plano, quizás cuando instale el revestimiento de las tracas se verán mejor. Los he comprobado de nuevo y no veo el problema que menciona. Me preocupa. Sobre la escala es la que me acomoda para hacer detalles, no uso kits comerciales. Pronto empezaré con el Rocherfort, francés a 1 / 24

Edited by Jorge Diaz O

notpirate.png

Hello, I continue with the carving of the bastions, I made them in American Oak and it turned out to be quite good at making details. The color does not matter because everything will be painted. Then I start with the main wales.

052.JPG

053.JPG

054.JPG

055.JPG

056.JPG

057.JPG

058.JPG

059.JPG

060.JPG

062.JPG

063.JPG

064.JPG

notpirate.png

Hace 2 horas, FrankWouts dijo:

¡Qué enfoque tan hermoso y diferente! ¡Se necesitan agallas para atreverse a hacerlo así! ¡Siguiendo con gran interés a Jorge! ¡Sigan recibir actualizaciones!

Franco.

Hola, muchas gracias  FrankWouts   por tus palabras, estoy intentando hacer un buen modelo y aprendiendo nuevas técnicas. Espero subir fotos pronto, me gustaría al menos terminar las galas principales de ambas bandas. Estoy un poco nerviosa, quiero hacerlo de la mejor manera.

Edited by Jorge Diaz O

notpirate.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hello, I wanted to thank all the friends who have written to me asking about my state of health, it was complicated, almost two weeks in the hospital but I am back to continue in my HMS Winchelsea, it was the only thing I thought all day and it encouraged me to stay alive. Thank you all.

notpirate.png

• 3 weeks later...

I've already finished the port liner, I'm already on the starboard side. Please do not take into account the color of the wood, everything will be painted and the living work lined in copper.

Jorge.

087.jpg

088.JPG

089.JPG

090.JPG

091.JPG

092.JPG

093.JPG

094.JPG

095.JPG

notpirate.png