HMS Cumberland 1774 by AlexBaranov - FINISHED - 1:36

Hi Gary

If you click on the accessories link at the top of the page then download the moulding pdf which is top left of the next page.Everything is listed with sizes and prices in Euros.Be warned some seriously nice kit and I know I for one could spend a fortune on there.Look out for the trunnion caps unbelievable detail!

Kind Regards Nigel

Hi Nigel. I downloaded the accessories PDF sir and the only item that I saw was bolt's with nuts and not clenched bolts. Is that the item? Thanks Gary

• 4 weeks later...

Hello Alex.

A very impressive build with lots of excellent detail's that could not be built into a smaller scale.

I love thease large scale model ships.

Very nice work on the cannons Best I have seen.

The carving are exceptional and do you credit.

This is the first large " Bread and butter construction" I have seen since I was a boy :)

Regards Antony.

Best advice ever given to me."If you don't know ..Just ask.

Completed Mayflower

Completed Fun build Tail boat Tailboat

Completed Build Chinese Junk Chinese Pirate Junk

Completed scratch built Korean Turtle ship 1/32 Turtle ship

Completed Santa Lucia Sicilian Cargo Boat 1/30 scale Santa Lucia

On hold. Bounty Occre 1/45

Completed HMS Victory by DeAgostini modelspace. DeAgostini Victory Cross Section

Completed H.M.S. Victory X section by Coral. HMS Victory cross section

Completed The Black Pearl fun build Black Queen

Completed A large scale Victory cross section 1/36 Victory Cross Section

Why the russians make coppering in brass?

Because Russian know that brass is an alloy. If Canadians knew that the alloys have a significantly greater Range chemical treatment, Canadians also would use brass. However, Russian know just do not build a real ship, but the model is constructed, and above all a work of art but a smaller copy of the real ship. Achieving this will not.

Because Russian know that brass is an alloy. If Canadians knew that the alloys have a significantly greater Range chemical treatment, Canadians also would use brass. However, Russian know just do not build a real ship, but the model is constructed, and above all a work of art but a smaller copy of the real ship. Achieving this will not.

I am a beginner, but just from appearance, the brass plate colour blends in so well with the beautiful wood tones of your ship - it truly is a masterpiece in the making.  I think there are many cases where it is necessary to deviate from actual materials in order to have a model that captures the 'spirit' of the ship.  It seems a common practice to alter paint colours to get the right effect at a smaller scale.  Maybe when copper has aged for a number of years it will be comparable.  Well done indeed Alex!

Cheers,

Jason

"Which it will be ready when it is ready!"

In the shipyard:

HMS Jason (c.1794: Artois Class 38 gun frigate)

Queen Anne Royal Barge (c.1700)

Finished:

HMS Snake (c.1797: Cruizer Class, ship rigged sloop)

I think this model looks far better with brass.Copper would have clashed with the wood tones and looked poor.Changes have already been made for aesthetics in that no paint have been used,I see no reason that changing to brass for the plating should raise concern.

Kind Regards Nigel

Currently working on Royal Caroline