USS Missouri by mtdoramike - FINISHED - Trumpeter - 1/200 scale - PLASTIC

3 hours ago, CDW said:

You should have seen my mishap with my first full-size RC helicopter. I had the Tx stick in the wrong position and as soon as I plugged in the Rx, the main rotor started to spin up and that thing left a heck of a mark on my forearm. It's crazy how much power those things produce. If fully spinning, it could easily cut off a finger, I am certain. It's good for you that your hand was nowhere close to your props when that thing fired up or this would have been a whole different story. These things are definitely not harmless toys.

Your right, if my fingers would have been in the way of the props, with those brass props, I would have needed stitches for sure.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I know, but I preferred the red painted props to blend in rather than sticking out. I usually try to put a disclaimer on my build threads just for those purist out there. If you are looking for museum quality, you have happened onto the wrong thread. Unfortunately for those who are, you will be highly disappointed because I dance to my own drummer. You will never get a museum quality model out of a kit no matter what the box says because they are a dime a dozen and nothing special. I build shelf queens, to look pretty and if radio controlld to be functional. Now if I were building for a client on commission basis, I put this disclaimer right up front, but I also try to stay within bounds as much as possible to stay true to the representation of the model. But if I'm building for myself, all bets are off and when I'm done if some one is interested in it, great, if not, she will always have a home.     

Edited by mtdoramike

Now that I''m pretty much finished with the Big Mo, otherr than making a nicer stand for it, I can look back on building it fondly. I try to stay away from historical ships and boats unless I have an itch or hankering to build a certain model, which I did with the Trumpeter 1:200 scale battle ships. No particular ship in mind, just one that needed a little time and love. But now that I scratched that itch, I don't plan on building another one, although I enjoyed it, I prefer wood. But I dislike saying never, which is a long time. So all I will say is stay tuned, you never know, like I said, I dance to my own drummer.

47 minutes ago, CDW said:

Have you ever built a Lindbergh Blue Devil destroyer? It crudely represents a Fletcher class destroyer and is suitable for RC. It’s somewhere around-about 3 feet long when completed.

No, I've never built a Lindberg kit, although I have seen several Lindberg kits converted to R/C. They make pretty decent Radio control boats. 

23 hours ago, mtdoramike said:

No, I've never built a Lindberg kit, although I have seen several Lindberg kits converted to R/C. They make pretty decent Radio control boats. 

I've got two of the models unbuilt in storage. Don't recall exactly how I ended up with two of them, but here they are. Best I recall, their construction and general qualities are more robust though not as finely detailed as more modern Trumpeter kits. They are an oddball 1:125 scale. Several or more detail improvement sets are available for them if somebody wanted to go a more highly detailed route. Next time I get a chance, I'll drag one out of storage and send it to you if you want to do one. I'd just like to see somebody build the thing and use it.

1 hour ago, CDW said:

I've got two of the models unbuilt in storage. Don't recall exactly how I ended up with two of them, but here they are. Best I recall, their construction and general qualities are more robust though not as finely detailed as more modern Trumpeter kits. They are an oddball 1:125 scale. Several or more detail improvement sets are available for them if somebody wanted to go a more highly detailed route. Next time I get a chance, I'll drag one out of storage and send it to you if you want to do one. I'd just like to see somebody build the thing and use it.

No problem Craig. You know me, I'm always up for a challenge. It would be cool to do a build log on one of them for sure.