HMS SUSSEX by KarenM - FINISHED - 1:48

Incredible work!

Building: 1:64 HMS Revenge (Victory Models plans)

1:64 Cat Esther (17th Century Dutch Merchant Ships)

On the building slip: 1:72 French Ironclad Magenta (original shipyard plans)

On hold: 1:98 Mantua HMS Victory (kit bash), 1:96 Shipyard HMS Mercury

Favorite finished builds:  1:60 Sampang Good Fortune (Amati plans), 1:200 Orel Ironclad Solferino, 1:72 Schooner Hannah (Hahn plans), 1:72 Privateer Prince de Neufchatel (Chapelle plans), Model Shipways Sultana, Heller La Reale, Encore USS Olympia

Goal: Become better than I was yesterday

"The hardest part is deciding to try." - me

Frames, bars on the windows I draw in autocad or in corel. Then I cut it out on a CNC machine from wooden dies of different thicknesses. I draw the decor in 3dmax, then cut it out on a CNC machine and bring it to the final with a drill. For guns I make a master model from wood, then I cast it from tin. Then all the copper is electrolyzed and then blackened with a chemical solution. It's so hard to describe everything in detail. If you have specific questions, write, I will answer.
I twist the ropes for rigging on a special machine, which was made for me according to my drawings. For tying blocks, always caged ropes. I also check the first shrouds and all the loops that touch the spars.

This build is not unfolding in real time, correct?  This is a progression of photos of a model you have already completed, yes?

I’m already uber impressed, but if you are actually building at this pace, I will be at a complete loss for words.

We are all works in progress, all of the time.

Karen, thank you for sharing your build photos with us.  Your artistry is stunning.  I hope you will consider posting more of your work.  Beautiful!!

Wawona59

John Newcome

Wawona 59

John

Next Project::  Drakkar "Oseberg" - Pavel Nikitin

Wish list for "Seattle Connection" builds:  1/96 Lumber Schooner Wawona, 1/96 Down Easter St. Paul, 1/32 Hydroplane Slo-Mo-Shun IV  

Completed Builds: Midwest - Chesapeake Bay Flattie (highly modified); Revell - 1/96 Constitution, 1/96 Thermopylae, 1/96 Cutty Sark, 1/570 Titanic; Dragon - 1/700 USS Arizona; Model Shipways - NY Pilot Boat Phantom, Aurora - Whaling Ship Wanderer, Maquette - Boeing 307 Stratoliner