HMS SUSSEX by KarenM - FINISHED - 1:48

I started building the HMS Sussex based on a book by Gilbert McArdley 2 years ago.

Unfortunately, the very first photographs are gone. Now I am finishing the rigging according to R.C.Anderson

book "The rigging of the ships in the days of spritsail topmast 1600-1720".

The ship was built according to the book by Gilbert McArdle

SUSSEX_cover.webp

Too many entries to click 'like' on, so consider them all liked! One small point: the window frames would look much better if you squared up the corners. All the other carved work is lovely.

Be sure to sign up for an epic Nelson/Trafalgar project if you would like to see it made into a TV series  http://trafalgar.tv

This is one of the finiest builds here at MSW, thank you very much for sharing with us.  I have a question regarding the lights on the stern and the quarter galleries, there seem to be an inordinate amount of panes, 30 on each stern light, 25 on the quarter gallery lights.  Was this actually done in this time period and if so, was it common?   I cannot find any contemporary models or plans for the late 17th century showing more than three panes across or up and down.  Photo of the contemporary model of Boyne (80) 1692 is below

Thanks

Allan

Boyne(80)1692.thumb.jpg.c3f400417f4bf837188aae4f4aee702f.jpg

Edited by allanyed

PLEASE take 30 SECONDS and sign up for the epic Nelson/Trafalgar project if you would like to see it made into a TV series.   Click on http://trafalgar.tv   There is no cost other than the 30 seconds of your time.  THANK YOU