HMS Pegasus 1776 by Knocklouder - Amati/Victory Models - 1:64

Bob, be they mice? Mothballs do a pretty good job at keeping pest at bay. Glad to hear you and yours are feeling better. Get back to us when you can, we'll be here. 

I hope you get the pest problem solved.  I'll ask a similar question as Keith.  What kind of pests?   I'm guessing somewhere between ants and relatives?   Different pests have different solutions. LOL.

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

• 1 month later...
Posted (edited)

20230823_160340.thumb.jpg.a5ef49ee5f818f72ad956153e73e92ef.jpg

This is my shipyard before the pests moved in.And this is what happened.

20240121_164235.thumb.jpg.9b675c3195238f0e24283ccda419880a.jpg

received_1096335498278636.thumb.jpeg.c3386ef606ad39a0e0f46d898c75c97a.jpeg

But I am happy to say that the shipyard is open again. Although I am not ready to build yet, it just needs a little  cleaning up and organizing .

It's a lot brighter now , which is good.20240303_125613.thumb.jpg.a8ebc0aba35b29b13ff2b32bcc9db068.jpg

20240222_141229.thumb.jpg.9d6fb9002433f2efea68caf63bf32fbf.jpg

20240215_083602.thumb.jpg.ec9b297eaaf823b3b69dda14bb954b33.jpg

Notice my newest tool for the shipyard to the left lol.:D

I brought the ships back down today, wow I can not belive how much dust got on the ships. The Pegasus was not so bad, but the Mayflower was very dusty . So I decided to shelf the Pegasus20240303_123748.thumb.jpg.72de3ef4c9e5a14a55884f51dbdd1342.jpgand clean up my Mayflower.  There is not much left to do on her so I want to clean her up and finish it.  Then I can put her under the display case.

Also, rigging the Mayflower will help tune me up for the Pegasus.  Lol

I have work to do in the kitchen, I repaired most of it, now I  just have to sand and paint. 

But I will be very anxious to get back to my Pegasus. 

By the way the pests WERE  norway rats, some were shot, some were trapped, and one the dog got,  most didn't like what we fed them lol but they're gone. And we check everyday for movement lol .

Ok off to finish my Mayflower,  see you soon.

Bob.M

Edited by Knocklouder
Posted before the first mate could edit it. Lol

Start so you can Finish !!

Finished:            The  Santa Maria -Amati 1:65, La Pinta- Amati 1:65, La Nina -Amati 1:65 ,                                                 Hannah Ship in Bottle-Amati 1:300 : The Sea of Galilee Boat-Scott Miller-1:20

Current Build:   The Mayflower: Amati 

On Hold:            HMS Pegasus: Amati 

Posted (edited)

I can't thank everyone enough for all the help and advice over the last three years.  I have made many mistakes along the way trying to learn , ship building, reading and writing, and understanding my computer and how to handel being  on MSW. But I have made great strides in all areas. Yes I still butt in where I am not supposed to be , but working on it. Lol  And may or may not  have

posted more than I should or a few memes not admitting to , anything lol.

Many thanks for all your help, as this is how my Pegasus will sit for awhile,20240308_102406.thumb.jpg.8a7fa85ea78a643ce35d15a5c856b66b.jpg quite a while I think but we will see.

Captain Marvin  and I feel a little sad about putting her away under wraps, but it is what it is.

Farewell on this log see you on my other logs. Just feeling good about all the help NRG/MSW and all the members here. THANK YOU.  Just a little corse  correction to get me  to my goals.   :cheers:

Thanks everyone. 

Edited by Knocklouder

Finished:            The  Santa Maria -Amati 1:65, La Pinta- Amati 1:65, La Nina -Amati 1:65 ,                                                 Hannah Ship in Bottle-Amati 1:300 : The Sea of Galilee Boat-Scott Miller-1:20

4 hours ago, Knocklouder said:

Farewell on this log see you on my other logs.

Hey Bob, can you provide links to your other build logs?  I don't want to miss out on any of the action!

Posted (edited)

I think it's here , I hope to be working on it Monday we will see 

Edited by Knocklouder