1967 Olds 442 by SigEp Ziggy - Lindberg - 1/25

The last time I finish a model was back in the 1900's, 1982 to be precise, and that model was a Monogram 1959 Corvette.

So, I thought I might try another car.

22nov2023 003.jpg

CDW, it is a single action and siphon.

I got my airbrush in July 2019, that's the one I used on this build, but I also got a double action with the compressor purchased in Feb 2021!

Badger-200.jpg

14feb2021 002.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Nice work. 👍

I had a '68 Dodge Charger that I said very similar things about. Had a large hole in the gas tank, draining into the engine.😉

Ken

Started: MS Bounty Longboat,

On Hold:  Heinkel USS Choctaw paper

Down the road: Shipyard HMC Alert 1/96 paper, Mamoli Constitution Cross, MS USN Picket Boat #1

Scratchbuild: Echo Cross Section

Member Nautical Research Guild

16 hours ago, CDW said:

With that big V-8 engine, the car could pass everything except the gas station. Remember when that was the saying at the time?

1 hour ago, Canute said:

I had a '68 Dodge Charger that I said very similar things about. Had a large hole in the gas tank, draining into the engine.

I think we all had one of those at one time or another, mine was a '78 Dodge Monaco... the only thing faster to empty than the gas tank was my wallet....

Gorgeous 442... Ahh... the age of real muscle..... 

Edited by Egilman

Current Build: F-86F-30 Sabre by Egilman - Kinetic - 1/32nd scale

In the Garage: East Bound & Down, Building a Smokey & the Bandit Kenworth Rig in 1/25th scale

Completed: M8A1 HST  1930 Packard Boattail Speedster  M1A1 75mm Pack Howitzer  F-4J Phantom II Bell H-13's P-51B/C

Temporary Suspension: USS Gwin DD-433  F-104C Starfighter "Blue Jay Four" 1/32nd Scale

Terminated Build: F-104C Starfighter

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:

"Relish Today, Ketchup Tomorrow"

44 minutes ago, Egilman said:

I think we all had one of those at one time or another, mine was a '78 Dodge Monaco... the only thing faster to empty than the gas tank was my wallet....

Gorgeous 442... Ahh... the age of real muscle..... 

My '51 Chevy with the six cylinder and power glide transmission got around 10 miles per gallon in town driving. It could do better on the highway, but cars back then just weren't built for fuel economy. By the time I graduated to a '64 Nova with the six and power glide, my fuel economy was much better. About 25 miles per gallon on the highway. But heck, we were paying pennies per gallon back then.