HMS VICTORY by Kevin - FINISHED - Caldercraft - 1/72

I forgot to do my post last night (even though I thought I had , - to tired, spent 4 hours snaking the main stay and main preventer stay, but wish i had done it before doing the ratlines, as they are going to be in my way, oh hum, 

can some one please tell me which is the bob stay and which is the bowspit shrouds, at a guess i think the bottom of the three cut water lines is the bobstay

post-846-0-16342400-1457981877_thumb.jpg

Edited by Kevin

Its all part of Kev's journey, bit like going to the dark side, but with the lights on

All the best

Kevin :omg:

SAY NO TO PIRACY. SUPPORT ORIGINAL IDEAS AND MANUFACTURERS.
KEEP IT REAL!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On the build table

HMS Indefatigable 1794 by Kevin - Vanguard Models - 1:64 - Feb 2023 

HMHS Britannic by Kevin 

SD 14  - Marcle Models - 1/70 - March 2022 -  Bluebell - Flower Class - Revel - 1/72   U552 German U Boat - Trumpeter - 1/48  Amerigo Vespucci     1/84 - Panart-   HMS Enterprise  -CAF -  1/48     

Finished     

St-Nectan-Mountfleet-models-steam-trawler-1/32 - Completed June 2020

HMS Victory - Caldercraft/Jotika - 1/72 - Finished   Dorade renamed Dora by Kevin - Amati - 1/20 - Completed March 2021 

Stage Coach 1848 - Artesania Latina - 1/10 -Finished Lady Eleanor by Kevin - FINISHED - Vanguard Models - 1/64 - Fifie fishing boat

Hi Kevin

She is looking magnificent, great work.

I see you have left the Boomkins off for now.

Let me say that is a good idea, wish I had done the same.

I managed to break one off completely, they stick out at a very 'easy to catch' angle.

It meant a bit of careful knighthead removal and replacement.

I'm curious about one thing (hoping I haven't missed something)

The extended eyes you have on the bottom of the Sprit Sail Yard?

All the best

Nick

Nick

Even though I pm'd you today, just got home and looking at "The extended eyes you have on the bottom of the Sprit Sail Yard?"  - lol i am perhaps not looking at what you are seeing my friend

Its all part of Kev's journey, bit like going to the dark side, but with the lights on

All the best

KEEP IT REAL!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On the build table

HMHS Britannic by Kevin 

SD 14  - Marcle Models - 1/70 - March 2022 -  Bluebell - Flower Class - Revel - 1/72   U552 German U Boat - Trumpeter - 1/48  Amerigo Vespucci     1/84 - Panart-   HMS Enterprise  -CAF -  1/48     

Finished     

HMS Victory - Caldercraft/Jotika - 1/72 - Finished   Dorade renamed Dora by Kevin - Amati - 1/20 - Completed March 2021 

Stage Coach 1848 - Artesania Latina - 1/10 -Finished Lady Eleanor by Kevin - FINISHED - Vanguard Models - 1/64 - Fifie fishing boat

Hi Keven...

It isn't fair for you to visit us and for us not to reciprocate.  I'm very happy that I did see your site again and to see what a beautiful job you are doing on the Victory's rigging.  Jerry went through hoops and I learned a lot of new naughty words when he was rigging his Victory so I know that you must be having a "good" time.  Seriusly though, your build is definitely of superior work and when you finish you will have so much to be proud of.  It's pretty far from the display case but I'm sure you're thinking of that issue also.

Best regards,

Charlene  (and Jerry)

Good morning Charlene (and Jerry) hope you are both well

I am still progressing the snaking on the main stay and preventer, hope to complete that tomorrow Friday (work gets in the way during the week)

Once the studding spars are fitted to the build, I will not have any where within the house to display her so my man cave will have to be altered to display her, at a guess she will be at least 18" wider - so is going to take a lot of space

All the best

KEEP IT REAL!

On the build table

HMHS Britannic by Kevin 

Finished     

WOW, what and incredible great job you are doing in the rigging Kevin.  Yup, putting the stays on at this stage of the rigging surely is a tad more difficult.  I'll be working from the mizzen mast on forward - - - whenever i get so far.

Cheers,

Piet, The Flying Dutchman.

"Your greatest asset is not the quantity of your friends , rather the quality of your friends."  (old Chinese proverb)

Current Builds: Hr. Ms. Java 1925-1942

VOC Ship Surabaya

Planned Builds: Young America Diorama - scale 1:3000

Future Builds: KPM ship "MS Musi."  Zuiderzee Botter - scale 1:25. VOC Jacht in a 6" lamp,  Buginese fishing Prauw.  Hr. Ms. Java - Royal Navy Netherlands Cruiser.

Completed Builds:   Hr. Ms. O16 Submarine

Hr. Ms. O19 - Submarine Royal Navy Netherlands

Ship Yard Diorama with Topsail schooner -

Friendship Sloop Gwenfra

Muscongus Bay Lobster Smack    

Golden Hind - Cutte Sark (both not in this forum)

can some one please tell me which is the bob stay and which is the bowspit shrouds, at a guess i think the bottom of the three cut water lines is the bobstay

Kevin,

The arrows that you have placed are pointing to the bob stay's ....all 3 of them.

The bowsprit shrouds are on the side of the hull.

Just under the first gun port looking from the bow.

Sjors

Thank you Sjors

All the best

KEEP IT REAL!

On the build table

HMHS Britannic by Kevin 

Finished     

Standing Rigging continues (and might be for a while)

post-846-0-12518700-1458497442_thumb.jpg

post-846-0-45873300-1458497445_thumb.jpg

post-846-0-19420100-1458497449_thumb.jpg

post-846-0-05646700-1458497452_thumb.jpg

post-846-0-37996200-1458497455_thumb.jpg

All the best

KEEP IT REAL!

On the build table

HMHS Britannic by Kevin 

Finished     

I managed to complete the main stay and preventer lacing, and put two new lines in from the foremast to the bowspit, I just need now to work out what they are called, I had not provisioned for the blocks fitted to the gammoning - and hope that what i have done will do the job, even if they are over sized

Edited by Kevin

All the best

KEEP IT REAL!

On the build table

HMHS Britannic by Kevin 

Finished     

Good morning everyone

standing riggng continues, I put the Bumpkins in and secured them into place with a bracket, I have managed to get quite confused where some of the lines get secured, like the Jib out haulers, and the 4 main stays, so that is work in progress, 

now i am going to move aft and start the main mast upper shrouds

post-846-0-28412700-1458992081_thumb.jpg

post-846-0-92001700-1458992085_thumb.jpg

post-846-0-29272300-1458992088_thumb.jpg

Edited by Kevin

All the best

KEEP IT REAL!

On the build table

HMHS Britannic by Kevin 

Finished     

Harvey, I have given up with the plans, and my other two reference books differ, although the principles are the same, as the names of the stays differ slightly 

All the best

KEEP IT REAL!

On the build table

HMHS Britannic by Kevin 

Finished     

Kevin,

Do you have the Longridge book? It is quite a good reference for the belaying plan.

Yes grant, i do but i am having a slight issue for the routing of the stays to the pins, and knowing the names of the stays in the first place, i have found that i have three block places taken on the knightheads port and stbd, and those dont tie in with the longridge book.I will possibly have to redo some if what i have completed is wrong, but for now i have moved aft to do some more shrouds

All the best

KEEP IT REAL!

On the build table

HMHS Britannic by Kevin 

Finished     

Good evening everyone, 

Well I found out where I went wrong, the martingales throught the Dolphin striker were incorrect, well one line was and I had one line to many 

the Fore Top gallant Stay, Flying Jib stay, Fore Topgallant Mast Stay and Jib stay still need to be secured

presently I have moved onto the Main mast, completed the Jeer lashings and started the upper shrouds

post-846-0-78692600-1459192497_thumb.jpg

post-846-0-09740000-1459192500_thumb.jpg

post-846-0-65932000-1459192596_thumb.jpg

Edited by Kevin

All the best

KEEP IT REAL!

On the build table

HMHS Britannic by Kevin 

Finished     

not seen this print before

post-846-0-23871600-1459244341_thumb.jpg

All the best

KEEP IT REAL!

On the build table

HMHS Britannic by Kevin 

Finished     

lol wanted to compare the two

oooops one of us is wrong on the bow gunports being in different positions (bet it is me)

post-846-0-43928300-1459244999.jpg

Edited by Kevin

All the best

KEEP IT REAL!

On the build table

HMHS Britannic by Kevin 

Finished     

Hi Kevin,

Boy is that ever a jungle, it's no wonder your getting confused.

I don't know if you've noticed but in the print there is no Anchor Hawes, looks like plugs have been fitted from the inside, just to add a bit more confusion.

You've picked her up well mate and she is going to be a big beast when your done, keep it up mate.

Be Good

mobbsie

mobbsie
All mistakes are deliberate ( me )

Current Build:- HMS Schooner Pickle

Completed Builds :-   Panart 1/16 Armed Launch / Pinnace ( Completed ),  Granado Cross Section 1/48

Harwich Bawley, Restoration,  Thames Barge Edme, Repair / Restoration,  Will Everard 1/67 Billings 

HMS Agamemnon 1781 - 1/64 Caldercraft KitHM Brig Badger,  HM Bomb Vessel Granado,
Thames Steam Launch Louise,  Thames Barge Edme,  Viking Dragon Boat

Next Build :-  

Mobsie good morning

uuuumm never thought of plugs - Dafi - where are you?

All the best

KEEP IT REAL!

On the build table

HMHS Britannic by Kevin 

Finished     

I found the print on facebook I one of the groups im in, I am looking to see where the original came from

All the best

KEEP IT REAL!

On the build table

HMHS Britannic by Kevin 

Finished     

Thankyou so much harvey, i tried to talk to the guy where he got the image from, wasnt very helpful, must have thought i was copyright

All the best

KEEP IT REAL!

On the build table

HMHS Britannic by Kevin 

Finished     

• 2 weeks later...

Looking real good mate.

Here's a poser for you Kevin, just when your sitting and relaxing in the evening, I will admit I don't know the answer myself.

If you took all the lines both Standing and Running and laid them end to end, what would the total distance be.

Your getting there mate, keep going and you'll be done before you know it.

Be Good

mobbsie

mobbsie
All mistakes are deliberate ( me )

Current Build:- HMS Schooner Pickle

Completed Builds :-   Panart 1/16 Armed Launch / Pinnace ( Completed ),  Granado Cross Section 1/48

Harwich Bawley, Restoration,  Thames Barge Edme, Repair / Restoration,  Will Everard 1/67 Billings 

HMS Agamemnon 1781 - 1/64 Caldercraft KitHM Brig Badger,  HM Bomb Vessel Granado,
Thames Steam Launch Louise,  Thames Barge Edme,  Viking Dragon Boat

Next Build :-  

good evening mobbsie, I am sure I can find that info out wrt total rigging distance lol you want it in meters or yards

Intentions were to move her back into the mancave, as Dobbie is now eight months old, and has to understand that i have a life of my own as well, but first we wanted to adress a condensation problem with the freezer, and from there it all went wrong "what have you done today" thread will get a post soon

As of tonight she is now back in the cave, buit still needs a few hours organisation before i can get a move on

post-846-0-04434300-1460313025_thumb.jpg

All the best

KEEP IT REAL!

On the build table

HMHS Britannic by Kevin 

Finished     

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Lawrence, been doing a lot of DIY the last couple of weekends, but hope to be in the mancave today and have a long (may bank holiday) next weekend, so hope to complete all the shrouds,

All the best

KEEP IT REAL!

On the build table

HMHS Britannic by Kevin 

Finished     

well that enough DIY for now, Ratlines main mast lower going in, LOL not thought about ripping them out just yet

post-846-0-83377200-1462131208_thumb.jpg

post-846-0-83720600-1462131213_thumb.jpg

post-846-0-66921400-1462131217_thumb.jpg

post-846-0-93803100-1462131221_thumb.jpg

post-846-0-47960000-1462131226_thumb.jpg

post-846-0-17073300-1462131231_thumb.jpg

post-846-0-28164100-1462131236_thumb.jpg

All the best

KEEP IT REAL!

On the build table

HMHS Britannic by Kevin 

Finished