Echo by oneslim - cross-section

Well,,,, I've been offline since the 17th.  The good news is I survived the 'BIG ONE' . After a day working in the yard with 50lb. bags of sand I had masive chest pain that night. Went to the local hospital and was put on heprin in a flash. Had to waite for the blood chemistry to come back, It was A heart attack for sure.  They transported me to Our Lady of Lourdes in Camden,NJ for an emergency cath.  It showed a double blockage.  They did the surgeury all day Friday.  Was released today.

SO,,,, nothing for the next four weeks have to take it real easy.  I'm going to be slow in getting back to You for a while.

Bob W

Bob Wescott

South Jersey

Well, Bob, I for one am delighted that you are here to report. I'm sorry for your health issues and wish you a speedy and uneventful recovery. Get young guys to move heavy stuff in future, please! Take care, now.

Be sure to sign up for an epic Nelson/Trafalgar project if you would like to see it made into a TV series  http://trafalgar.tv

Hi Bob,

Really sorry to hear about the heart attack but glad to hear that they were able to clear the blockages. Time will pass quickly and before you know it you'll be back in the shop raising frames. Good luck !!

Jim L

What we ever hope to do with ease, we must learn first to do with diligence. - Samuel Johnson

On the Building Ways:                           Launched:                                                 Contracts Signed:                    Member:

The Nautical Research Guild

The US Naval Institute

Hi Bob.

I'm glad to hear you made it through "the big one" now

take it easy and do what you need to do to get better.

Rusty

"So Long For Now" B) 

Current Builds: Speedwell

Completed Build Logs:  HMS Winchelsea 1/48   Duchess of Kingston USF Confederacy , US Brig Syren , Triton Cross Section , Bomb Vessel Cross SectionCutter CheerfulQueen Anne Barge, Medway Longboat

Completed Build Gallery: Brig Syren , 1870 Mississippi Riverboat , 1949 Chris-Craft 19' Runabout

druxey, Jim L, Trussben, and Rusty,  Thanks for the kind words.

I do have four frames 'Raised',  along with three fillings.  Hope to have a few photos up by next week,  when I can move around more.

Bob W

Bob Wescott

South Jersey

Bob,

Good to hear you're still with us.  Don't worry about pictures.. just work it in your head until the doc says it's okay to go to the bench. 

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

Glad to see you are OK.  Take it easy.   The workshop will be there in a few weeks.  Rest up and heal.

Chuck

Bob,

Best wishes for a speedy recovery.  Catching it early (and avoiding DENIAL) is real important. 

Maury

Hello Bob,

I wish you a speedy recovery.

Take your time and take good care of yourself.

Everyone will be here when you get back.

Today is your birthday and no birthday without animaatjes-verjaardag-21427.gif

Happy Birthday and many more to come.

I wish you and your loved ones a wonderful day.

Anja

Those we loved but lost are no longer where they were, but are always where we are.

In the gallery: Albatros 1840 - Constructo

mtaylor, chuck, and Greg, Thanks for the best wishes.

Maury, You are so right, if something is worng don't wait. It may not go away, or go down fast.

Anja,  thank You for the B'day wish.

Bob W

Bob Wescott

South Jersey

Bob,

Happy birthday!!! And may you have many more.

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

Bob -

Hope your recovery continues to go well - and best wishes for this and many more birthdays to come!

smiley-says-happy-birthday.gif

Wayne

Neither should a ship rely on one small anchor, nor should life rest on a single hope.
Epictetus

Happy Birthday Bob, a couple of days late. Hope it was a good one!

Jim L

What we ever hope to do with ease, we must learn first to do with diligence. - Samuel Johnson

On the Building Ways:                           Launched:                                                 Contracts Signed:                    Member:

The Nautical Research Guild

The US Naval Institute

• 1 year later...
  • The title was changed to Echo by oneslim - cross-section