Niagara by Rich_engr - Model Shipways - 1:64

Rich... CONGRATS!!!!!   Great news!!!!!  post-76-0-97737500-1381629802.gifpost-76-0-97737500-1381629802.gifpost-76-0-97737500-1381629802.gif  Oh what the heck.... a happy dance too!  post-76-0-26822200-1381629803.gif

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

Hello Ed

Well that does sound like good news

However it could well be a long and careful process to get the relationship back to where you want it.

Regards

Ken

Under construction  US Brig Niagara

Completed  HMB Endeavour - Caldercraft

Edwin- that's fantastic news there!  I hope all goes well for you!!!

Like I said, I doubt there'll be much building going on- maybe the only "shop time" I'll get is just to pack everything up (my kit is coming with me, even if it's just me moving right now).

But at least I pretty much accomplished what I wanted to when I was initially laid off- that is to complete the hull and deck fixtures, which I am about 90% done with (minus the hammock rails, catheads and some small stuff), so that's fine by me for now.  :)

Rich, congrats on the job!!! Great news!

Thanks,

Patrick

YouTube Channel for fun: Patrick's Scale Studio

Finished: Model Shipways US Brig Niagara

Current: I Love Kit USS Curtis Wilbur DDG-54

"Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday"

- John Wayne

That is fantastic Rich - BIG congrats to you sir!!!

-Adam

Current Builds

Santa Maria - Artesania Latina (1:65) POB

MayFlower - Model Shipways (5/32"=1') POB
Blue Shadow - Mamoli Revolutionary War Brigantine. (Fict) (1:64) POB (Recommissioned as the Kara June)

On The Shelf Waiting so Patiently

USRC Ranger - Corel (1:50) POB

18th Century Longboat - Model Shipways (1:4) POF

La Nina - Artesania Latina (1:65) POB

U.S Brig Syren - Model Shipways (1:64) POB

Completed Builds

Phantom NY Pilot Boat - Model Shipways (1:96) Solid Hull

Decommissioned Builds
(Time and conditions were not good to these. They have been cancelled =( )

Willie L Bennett - Model Shipways (1:32) POF
USRC Harriet Lane - Model Shipways (1:128) Solid Hull

Thanks guys!  I just sent my acceptance this evening (unfortunately there wasn't any room to negotiate, but at least we tried).  Still, I got a plan taking shape and should work out just fine.  :)

Sad thing is that I'll pack my shop up in about 2 weeks...  :(  (But all is coming with me!)

Congrats on the new job, and doing so well on your build , during the the unemployment stage

Its all part of Kev's journey, bit like going to the dark side, but with the lights on

All the best

Kevin :omg:

SAY NO TO PIRACY. SUPPORT ORIGINAL IDEAS AND MANUFACTURERS.
KEEP IT REAL!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On the build table

HMS Indefatigable 1794 by Kevin - Vanguard Models - 1:64 - Feb 2023 

HMHS Britannic by Kevin 

SD 14  - Marcle Models - 1/70 - March 2022 -  Bluebell - Flower Class - Revel - 1/72   U552 German U Boat - Trumpeter - 1/48  Amerigo Vespucci     1/84 - Panart-   HMS Enterprise  -CAF -  1/48     

Finished     

St-Nectan-Mountfleet-models-steam-trawler-1/32 - Completed June 2020

HMS Victory - Caldercraft/Jotika - 1/72 - Finished   Dorade renamed Dora by Kevin - Amati - 1/20 - Completed March 2021 

Stage Coach 1848 - Artesania Latina - 1/10 -Finished Lady Eleanor by Kevin - FINISHED - Vanguard Models - 1/64 - Fifie fishing boat

Kevin- my build and especially the support from MSW is what helped keep my mind focused and (not as) stressed during this time.  After ten to sixteen hour days searching for positions all over the place, working in the shop was a very welcomed break and de-stressor.  :)  

But after the initial move, maybe I can get some small stuff done, like hull touch-ups and whatnot.  I doubt the new landlord would like sawdust, glue, and paint all over the place...  ;)

Bob- this place doesn't allow pets at all (no dogs, cats, fish, iguanas, nada).  Still, I doubt there's much I can get done in a little room w/o my entire shop.  There's not even a desk in there.

Edwin- thank you!  Yes, I do feel a lot of relief, but now the different stress of packing, moving, selling the house, etc. is starting to set in (but in a good way).  Three and a half weeks to get everything set and ready to go!!  lol~

Wow Rich, no pets? what about the cats and dogs?

Ahhh big block engines in the living room!! Never did that but my last place, where I lived alone, my dining room had two rolling tool chests, a couple of rolling tool boxes and the wash room in addition to the washer and dryer had tool cases; routers, drills etc in it. The work table was in the living room. Land lord used to call it the Hobby House. He was pretty cool as long as I paid rent and didnt destroy things. Too bad he doesnt have places in Virginia for you.

Good luck with everything.

Sam

Current Build Constructo Enterprise

Lol- thanks Sam!  I remember when I was in my first two years of college living in the dorms- there was this one guy (my dorm was the crime-ridden ghetto) who was rebuilding a Harley in his dorm room, on the 2nd floor!!!  Mind you, the rooms were small, and luckily he didn't have a roommate.  The guy had parts, tools, oil pans, etc. all over the place.

But alas, zero pets allowed in the room I found, which is fine for now (it's just me going for the time being).  This was the cheapest place I could find (and literally next door to work), so it should be fine for now.  If all of us were moving right now, it'd be impossible to find a place (apt or house) to rent that allows 3 dogs, 2 cats, 2 people, and can accommodate furnishings for a 4-bedroom house (otherwise we'd need about 2 storage units)...

So yeah, too much crap to keep bringing along...  whereas I usually live a rather spartan lifestyle (bed, laptop, coffee maker, some clothes and books... and my Niagara- that's all I need).

Ok...  there will quite possibly be zero build updates for a while, since last night I packed up the shop.   :(  I fit most of my tools and parts into a plastic bin, and I have to find another one to fit the ship in.  

post-1342-0-70724100-1382109110_thumb.jpg

It's amazing how compact my shop is- all parts, paints, most wood (and scraps), power drill, tools (files, sand blocks, tweezers, all clamps, calipers, drafting sets, etc), and plans & books/notebooks all fit into a medium sized tub.

post-1342-0-22010200-1382109128_thumb.jpg

The only remaining items are my lamp, Dremel & stand, and vise.  

Now if I could just get the rest of the house and garage as packed and clean in the next 3 weeks...

Good luck with the packing and even more luck and safety with the move!!!

-Adam

Current Builds

Santa Maria - Artesania Latina (1:65) POB

MayFlower - Model Shipways (5/32"=1') POB
Blue Shadow - Mamoli Revolutionary War Brigantine. (Fict) (1:64) POB (Recommissioned as the Kara June)

On The Shelf Waiting so Patiently

USRC Ranger - Corel (1:50) POB

18th Century Longboat - Model Shipways (1:4) POF

La Nina - Artesania Latina (1:65) POB

U.S Brig Syren - Model Shipways (1:64) POB

Completed Builds

Phantom NY Pilot Boat - Model Shipways (1:96) Solid Hull

Decommissioned Builds
(Time and conditions were not good to these. They have been cancelled =( )

Willie L Bennett - Model Shipways (1:32) POF
USRC Harriet Lane - Model Shipways (1:128) Solid Hull

Good luck on the moving, Rich.  Fun times, right?  :mellow:  At least you'll have the ship and MSW to help with sanity.

Bob,

The big block won't go over well with a landlord in any living room.  As I recall it's supposed to be rebuilt in the bathroom where the tub can be used as the parts cleaner.   Don't ask me how I know this... :rolleyes:

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

Lol- that's funny how guys tend to do that with cars...  and yet I don't know a darn thing about vehicles (other than where the gas, air, and maybe oil go)... Still, I can imagine seeing engine parts, grease and oil stains, and tools all over a bathroom or living room!  

But no such mess here- we spent the whole weekend cleaning, painting, etc.  Only got about 3 rooms and 1 bathroom done (I pressure washed the entire outside of the house, patios, and fence).  Still have to go through the other half of the house inside, plus I gotta tackle the garage and attic (which will take me a week- yeah, it's that bad)...  

18 days until I head out!!

Lol!!!  Sam, that's one FULL week of probably 14hr days...  gonna take just a day to drag everything out so I can sweep the dirt, webs, and fur out...  then deciding what can be tossed and what can be neatly organized...

From my perspective, it's a rat hole of a mess.  

Oh, and then there's dragging two rooms' worth of crap down from the attic (mostly books, which aren't light)...

Still moving ahead.  Passed my pee test, did some of the required paperwork/background stuff... now just waiting on my interim approval and I'll be all set.  Met with the realtor the other day and she's coming by to check out the house tomorrow (see what needs updating/replacing/painting, etc.) so we can have a more realistic game plan.  I also have to get my car looked at to get it ready for the cross-country drive and maybe winter tires (haven't driven in real snow in a looooooong time).

So it's going to be my ship+shop tools, some books, and clothes all packed into my Rav4...  it'll definitely be an experience!!

Next two weeks are gonna be super busy and are going to fly by~~~

Ahhh...  still cleaning/packing the house...  also waiting for the final word on when I'll start (still haven't processed my "stuff" yet)...

Original plan was to leave here next Friday (the 8th), but that might be pushed back a few weeks because of govt shutdown, so just getting as much of the house in order as we can.

Shop is 100% torn down now.  :(  Just a few plastic bins of all of my stuff and half of my workbench is all that remains~~~

Should be putting the For Sale sign in the yard next week, but might have to delay that until I'm 100% certain of the job and when I start.  soooo may variables right now~~

Finally got the garage done yesterday- took about 10 hrs!  I dragged every single thing out and emptied it, then swept all the crud, spiderwebs, dust, etc., then sorted and packed a bunch of stuff.  By 10pm I was whipped!  But it's done, and all that's left is the attic and some small stuff here-and-there in the house.  So it only took us about 2 weeks to get the entire house and yard ready to show (and it was a bit of a mess beforehand).

Here's before:

post-1342-0-71966400-1383508279_thumb.jpg

post-1342-0-43246900-1383508311_thumb.jpg

Here's after emptying and cleaning:

post-1342-0-04250400-1383508335_thumb.jpg

post-1342-0-64165500-1383508355_thumb.jpg

Hi Rich,

We have moved a number of times over the years and I was always amazed at the things we would do to our home and yard for complete strangers and never for ourselves... :)

Regards,

Larry

----------------------------------------------------

Current Build

US Brig Niagara

Completed Builds

George W Washburn - 1890 Tugboat

Future Builds

18th Century Longboat by MS

HM Cutter Cheerful

Wappen Von Hamburg by Corel

If your not making mistakes, your not challenging yourself – my life has been full of challenges :)