Colin Archer by IgorSky - FINISHED - scale 1/230 - BOTTLE - Lifeboat RS1

Hi Igor

I'm sorry, I'm late with my support. Unfortunately I have created up to now still no plans to this topic, but here I send you a few pictures of "Stavanger's" winch, which is almost similar to "Colin Archers's" winch.

As you have already surmised, she is probably slightly too big (but little, appreciated 10 to 15%), but let me say, that I like your small winch - top craftsmanship!  :) 

Best regards.

Mike

post-14773-0-70117400-1430677756_thumb.jpg

post-14773-0-86893200-1430677773_thumb.jpg

post-14773-0-18361800-1430677793_thumb.jpg

current scratch build 1:15

Colin Archer - RS14 "Stavanger"

Hi Bob,
Yes, it is true!
So, my today's attempts to make the deck houses:

First they were too big - 

post-17539-0-63132400-1430678522_thumb.jpg

And I was forced to do them again -

post-17539-0-58086300-1430678552_thumb.jpg

Bob, I tried to build boats of different sizes, but I could not place them of all in the bottles. I think Dimitris will may not worry about this :)
post-17539-0-82837600-1430678578_thumb.jpg

post-17539-0-59139200-1430678602_thumb.jpg

Best Regards!

Igor.

Hi Mike!

A lot of thanks for these photos! Yes, it seems my winch a little bit similar on real winch ... :)  I think to try to blacken her tomorrow. And I can not figure out what it is (see photo) This is reminiscent to me of the exhaust pipe. O, it seems the winch is behind the mast?

post-17539-0-44562300-1430679730.jpg

Edited by IgorSky

The deck houses are just fine! The boats are amazing Igor, Bravo!!!

Cheers

Dimitris

Current Build: Amerigo Vespucci -Mantua- 1:100 scale

Completed Build logs: Bluenose II AL 1:75 scale

Gallery: Bluenose II AL 1:75 scale

Future Build: Royal Caroline -Panart- 1:47 scale

Many thanks for this photo, Mike! 
Yeah, now I got some answers!
And I will have the opportunity to try use the Lawrence's experience  in the making of the signal lights :)

Patrick, the large boats I made it just to try as it work.  2 smallest boats are for Atlantic :)

Best Regards!

Igor.

Hello Igor, Very nice build you have here , Beautiful work 

Best Regards,

Pete

"may your sails be full of wind and the sun on your back"

Current Builds :

Future Builds :

N.G Herreshoff 12 1/2 Scratch Build 3/4" = 1' - 0" Scale

Completed Builds :

Volvo 65 Farr Yacht Design

Herreshoff Alerion

Herreshoff Buzzards Bay 14

Volvo Open 70

Member : 

The Herreshoff Registry                                  Montgomery Sailboat Owners Group       Peter Kunst Sailboat Models 
http://www.herreshoffregistry.org/                       http://www.msog.org/                      http://www.facebook.com/Peter-Kunst-Sailboat-Models-1524464774524480/ 

That probably a really large match, right? Something on the order of a 50 year old tree trunk?    :D  :D :D    You seriously make my jaw hit the floor with your details. 

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

Thanks Carl, Patrick and Mark and all for your likes and comments!

In fact, this construction is very simple and consists of only three parts. I used the brass tube with the diameter of 0.8 mm, the brass wire with the diameter of 0.4 mm and the thin strip of brass that bent in a corner.

Yes, Carl, I agree. Large scale gives the opportunity to make more of the details.

Patrick, honestly, without an increase in these parts and I myself can not see well them. My wife asks me why I do these small parts if they are not well visible.But all I can say - this is what I'm doing them for yourself, to know that they are there :)

Mark, I would love to find couple of matches of this size, for example, from pears, boxwood or hornbeam :) :) :)

Best Regards!

Igor.

Thanks Carl, Patrick and Mark and all for your likes and comments!In fact, this construction is very simple and consists of only three parts. I used the brass tube with the diameter of 0.8 mm, the brass wire with the diameter of 0.4 mm and the thin strip of brass that bent in a corner.Yes, Carl, I agree. Large scale gives the opportunity to make more of the details.Patrick, honestly, without an increase in these parts and I myself can not see well them. My wife asks me why I do these small parts if they are not well visible.But all I can say - this is what I'm doing them for yourself, to know that they are there :)Mark, I would love to find couple of matches of this size, for example, from pears, boxwood or hornbeam :) :) :)Best Regards!Igor.

Hi Igor

I'm exactly like that as well. I often wonder why I love to build the internals of the ships that I build, even though it can't be seen easily. I guess It's like you've said...because I'd like to know they're there.

Keep up the great work!

Cheers

Patrick

amazing Details Igor,

very nice looking

Nils

Current builds

-Lightship Elbe 1

Completed

- Steamship Ergenstrasse ex Laker Corsicana 1918- scale 1:87 scratchbuild

"Zeesboot"  heritage wooden fishing small craft around 1870, POB  clinker scratch build scale 1:24

Pilot Schooner # 5 ELBE  ex Wanderbird, scale 1:50 scratchbuild

Mississippi Sterwheelsteamer built as christmapresent for grandson modified kit build

Chebec "Eagle of Algier" 1753--scale 1:48-POB-(scratchbuild) 

"SS Kaiser Wilhelm der Grosse" four stacker passenger liner of 1897, blue ribbond awarded, 1:144 (scratchbuild)
"HMS Pegasus" , 16 gun sloop, Swan-Class 1776-1777 scale 1:64 from Amati plan 

-"Pamir" 4-mast barque, P-liner, 1:96  (scratchbuild)

-"Gorch Fock 2" German Navy cadet training 3-mast barque, 1:95 (scratchbuild) 

"Heinrich Kayser" heritage Merchant Steamship, 1:96 (scratchbuild)  original was my grandfathers ship

-"Bohuslän" , heritage ,live Swedish museum passenger steamer (Billings kit), 1:50 

"Lorbas", river tug, steam driven for RC, fictive design (scratchbuild), scale appr. 1:32

under restoration / restoration finished 

"Hjejlen" steam paddlewheeler, 1861, Billings Boats rare old kit, scale 1:50

bit sloppy that right one ... ;) I know we used to have matches of 40 cm long, to use to light the oven or the wood stove ... you are using those right ...

Very, very, very B E A U tiful work Igor

Carl

"Desperate affairs require desperate measures." Lord Nelson
Search and you might find a log ...

Current state

Thanks Carl! 
The first option of the winch will be in the box with garbage :) 

Yes, I have somewhere the box of matches for the fireplace, but  usually I am using a different match for my photosYes, I have somewhere the box of matches for the fireplace, but  usually I am using a different match for my photos - image.jpg:)

post-17539-0-81840600-1431164773_thumb.jpg

post-17539-0-61248700-1431164825_thumb.jpg

post-17539-0-43035300-1431164933_thumb.jpg

Edited by IgorSky

Hi Igor

Ok, ok, ok....I'm really speechless now. How big is the match? It's amazing how easily the eye can be tricked into thinking the match is a normal sized match....joking of course!!!!

Seriously nice work, Igor. I still don't know how you do it!

I hope you're going to make good use of the first winch. Maybe you could build a bigger version of the RS1 and put the bigger winch on that one?

Cheers

Patrick

Absolutely beautiful.

Bob

Every build is a learning experience.

Current build:  SS_ Mariefred

Completed builds:  US Coast Guard Pequot   Friendship-sloop,  Schooner Lettie-G.-Howard,   Spray,   Grand-Banks-dory

a gaff rigged yawl,  HOGA (YT-146),  Int'l Dragon Class II,   Two Edwardian Launches 

In the Gallery:   Catboat,   International-Dragon-Class,   Spray

Hi Igor, Nice work, Looks great

Best Regards,

Pete

"may your sails be full of wind and the sun on your back"

Current Builds :

Future Builds :

N.G Herreshoff 12 1/2 Scratch Build 3/4" = 1' - 0" Scale

Completed Builds :

Volvo 65 Farr Yacht Design

Herreshoff Alerion

Herreshoff Buzzards Bay 14

Volvo Open 70

Member : 

The Herreshoff Registry                                  Montgomery Sailboat Owners Group       Peter Kunst Sailboat Models 
http://www.herreshoffregistry.org/                       http://www.msog.org/                      http://www.facebook.com/Peter-Kunst-Sailboat-Models-1524464774524480/ 

Hi Patrick, Mike, Pete, Mark, Bob and all who are interested in this little project!
A lot of thanks for likes and good words! I'm really flattered by the your compliments!
I think that each of you can make the same and I'm sure in that when I look in your's logs!

And one more today's small update - preparation for the mast. And just at the second attempt :)

Best Regards!

Igor.

post-17539-0-87771400-1431196868_thumb.jpg