HMAT Supply by riverboat - FINISHED - Jotika/Caldercraft- 1/64th scale

Hi Frank,brilliant job on your rigging and the sails are great.I'm up to the bowspirit did you put 3 or 4 deadeyes 5mm below the heart shaped ones?Keep up the great work.Ron.

Current builds: HMS Victory - Caldercraft 1:72

Completed builds: HMB Endeavour - OcCre 1:54   HMS Supply - Caldercraft 1:64. Fishing boats, Bremen,  Palamos.

Hi Frank,

Browsed through your log. You made a great build, the rigging is impressive. Cheerio.

Regards,

John

<span style='font-family: courier new'>In progress: <a class='bbc_url' href='http://modelshipworld.com/index.php?/topic/177-king-of-the-mississippi-artesania-latina-scale-180/'>King of the Mississippi</a></span><br />

<br />

<span style='font-family: courier new'>Completed : <a class='bbc_url' href='http://modelshipworld.com/index.php?/topic/176-mare-nostrum-4331-artesania-latina-scale-135/'>Mare Nostrum 4331</a></span><br />

<span style='font-family: courier new'><a class='bbc_url' href='http://modelshipworld.com/index.php?/gallery/album/51-16th-century-galeass-imai-scale-1160/'>16th century Galeass</a></span><br />

<span style='font-family: courier new'><a class='bbc_url' href='http://members.upc.nl/carla.en.john/Modelbouw/Rocket.htm'>George Stephenson Rocket Locomotive</a></span><br />

<br />

<span style='font-family: courier new'>Next build : sl Louise</span>

• 2 weeks later...

OK...... just a little picture update..... all the yards fitted with salis and attached to the masts, this almost completes the standing rigging, I need to run the yard braces and tye off the backstays, then I can start to work on painting up the crew!! Boom gaff and driver gaff have to be attached ..... almost forgot those... 

Frank

post-73-0-26044400-1364077760.jpg

post-73-0-70496400-1364077769.jpg

post-73-0-12827900-1364077778.jpg

post-73-0-10330800-1364077794.jpg

completed build: Delta River Co. Riverboat     HMAT SUPPLY

USRC "ALERT"

in progress: Red Dragon  (Chinese junk)

she looks so sweet Frank!   you've done a superb job on the sails and the rigging is very well done.......super job all the way around! ;)

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller
Phylly C & Denny-Zen - the Lobsie twins - bashed & semi scratch dual build

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Billing's Gothenborg 1:100 / Billing's Boulogne Etaples 1:20
Billing's Half Moon 1:40 - some scratch required
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400
Trawler Syborn - semi scratch / Holiday Harbor dual build - semi scratch

Fabulous work on the sails.  I can just smell the sea air :)

Augie

Current Build: US Frigate Confederacy - MS 1:64

Previous Builds :

US Brig Syren (MS) - 2013 (see Completed Ship Gallery)

Greek Tug Ulises (OcCre) - 2009 (see Completed Ship Gallery)

Victory Cross Section (Corel) - 1988

Essex (MS) 1/8"- 1976

Cutty Sark (Revell 1:96) - 1956

Thanks ...... Popeye,Augie, Andy,Sherry,B.E., for looking in, your input is always appreciated. 

Hey Augie. sorry to hear that someone ate your groundhog ! What happens now?........... you keep on shoveling snow for the rest of the year!!! :D

Frank

USRC "ALERT"

Gotta watch out for those Canadians.  Apparently they'll eat anything!

Augie

Current Build: US Frigate Confederacy - MS 1:64

Previous Builds :

US Brig Syren (MS) - 2013 (see Completed Ship Gallery)

Greek Tug Ulises (OcCre) - 2009 (see Completed Ship Gallery)

Victory Cross Section (Corel) - 1988

Essex (MS) 1/8"- 1976

Cutty Sark (Revell 1:96) - 1956

You sure it's the Canadieans, and not  "you know who" ??

USRC "ALERT"

Wow, looks amazing Frank!  That's exactly how I was picturing my Badger turning out, and you've given me a lot to strive for.  Really nice job!

Mike

Current Wooden builds:  Amati/Victory Pegasus  MS Charles W. Morgan  Euromodel La Renommèe  

Plastic builds:    SB2U-1 Vindicator 1/48  Five Star Yaeyama 1/700  Pit Road Asashio and Akashi 1/700 diorama  Walrus 1/48 and Albatross 1/700  Special Hobby Buffalo 1/32  Eduard Sikorsky JRS-1 1/72  IJN Notoro 1/700  Akitsu Maru 1/700

Completed builds :  Caldercraft Brig Badger   Amati Hannah - Ship in Bottle  Pit Road Hatsuzakura 1/700   Hasegawa Shimakaze 1:350

F4B-4 and P-6E 1/72  Accurate Miniatures F3F-1/F3F-2 1/48  Tamiya F4F-4 Wildcat built as FM-1 1/48  Special Hobby Buffalo 1/48

Citroen 2CV 1/24 - Airfix and Tamiya  Entex Morgan 3-wheeler 1/16

Terminated build:  HMS Lyme (based on Corel Unicorn)  

On the shelf:  Euromodel Friedrich Wilhelm zu Pferde; Caldercraft Victory; too many plastic ship, plane and car kits

Future potential scratch builds:  HMS Lyme (from NMM plans); Le Gros Ventre (from Ancre monographs), Dutch ship from Ab Hoving book, HMS Sussex from McCardle book, Philadelphia gunboat (Smithsonian plans)

Wow, looks amazing Frank!  That's exactly how I was picturing my Badger turning out, and you've given me a lot to strive for.  Really nice job!

Mike

Current Wooden builds:  Amati/Victory Pegasus  MS Charles W. Morgan  Euromodel La Renommèe  

Plastic builds:    SB2U-1 Vindicator 1/48  Five Star Yaeyama 1/700  Pit Road Asashio and Akashi 1/700 diorama  Walrus 1/48 and Albatross 1/700  Special Hobby Buffalo 1/32  Eduard Sikorsky JRS-1 1/72  IJN Notoro 1/700  Akitsu Maru 1/700

Completed builds :  Caldercraft Brig Badger   Amati Hannah - Ship in Bottle  Pit Road Hatsuzakura 1/700   Hasegawa Shimakaze 1:350

F4B-4 and P-6E 1/72  Accurate Miniatures F3F-1/F3F-2 1/48  Tamiya F4F-4 Wildcat built as FM-1 1/48  Special Hobby Buffalo 1/48

On the shelf:  Euromodel Friedrich Wilhelm zu Pferde; Caldercraft Victory; too many plastic ship, plane and car kits

Future potential scratch builds:  HMS Lyme (from NMM plans); Le Gros Ventre (from Ancre monographs), Dutch ship from Ab Hoving book, HMS Sussex from McCardle book, Philadelphia gunboat (Smithsonian plans)

That's looking very nice Frank. You are almost at the finish line with her.

Thanks,

Patrick

YouTube Channel for fun: Patrick's Scale Studio

Finished: Model Shipways US Brig Niagara

Current: I Love Kit USS Curtis Wilbur DDG-54

"Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday"

- John Wayne

Thanks Mike for dropping by..... How's the Badger coming along?   I'll bet the new addition(s) are keeping you busy!! :)

Thank you too Patrick for look'n in....Just got thru looking at your Niagara, looks like your pretty well coming to an end ... nice job on the boom gaffs.. 

Frank

USRC "ALERT"

Hey Frank, Badger has been on hold the past month or so while I have been getting things ready around here for the girls to arrive.  My wife has been on bedrest the past couple of months, so I've had little time to work on the ship.  She's due any day now, but I have a feeling that the end of 2013 will be when I finally finish her.  

Hope all is well my friend :)

Mike

Great job on the rigging Frank!

I love those sails.

You know that they are there and you see also the rigging.

I like that idea.

animaatjes-sjors-94584.gif

Edited by Sjors

Hi Frank

It’s truly wonderful how you can show us that smelly old boat so full of live. A really amazing build!

Cheers

Peter

Sjors....... thank you for your interest in my Supply, I just hope you'er not thinking that the sails will make  good target  practice when all of your guns are in place on your TWO men o' war !!

Derek.......  yeah. I like the furled idea too, that way the sails don't hide all the rigging, thanks for look'n in.

Peter......     I'm glad you like the overall look, I hope I didn't go overboard !! :D

USRC "ALERT"

Hey Andy ..... How you doi'n, Ive been following " Andy's Maritime Adventures  "with keen interest, man it sure looks coooooold

where you are, that ship of yours looks huge, what do you guys haul?

:P  Squid?  ..... Yeah. He's capable of doing that!!

frank

Edited by riverboat

USRC "ALERT"

Hi Frank

You know who's fleet only has one ship with sails, not much bigger than a rowing boat, carefull he dont mount a raid and nick your's my friend.

How did you go on Wednesday, OK I hope and it's all systems go for the main event, I'll be thinking of you.

Supply looks fantastic and those sails are just brill.

mobbsie

mobbsie
All mistakes are deliberate ( me )

Current Build:- HMS Schooner Pickle

Completed Builds :-   Panart 1/16 Armed Launch / Pinnace ( Completed ),  Granado Cross Section 1/48

Harwich Bawley, Restoration,  Thames Barge Edme, Repair / Restoration,  Will Everard 1/67 Billings 

HMS Agamemnon 1781 - 1/64 Caldercraft KitHM Brig Badger,  HM Bomb Vessel Granado,
Thames Steam Launch Louise,  Thames Barge Edme,  Viking Dragon Boat

Next Build :-  

thanks Moobsie.... everything is a go  for Weds the 3rd....... hope to have one more update before then.

USRC "ALERT"

Hello Frank,

Finally you got the ok for next wednesday. You've waited long enough, too long.

I will keep my fingers crossed for you.

I hope to get a chance to talk to you on Skype before wednesday.

Take care my friend,

Anja

Those we loved but lost are no longer where they were, but are always where we are.

In the gallery: Albatros 1840 - Constructo

Ok Anja, thanks....... maybe Mon or Tues we can talk...... like I told Tony,hope to have one more update soon..

Frank

USRC "ALERT"

a little update...... When I first attached the sail to the gaff it looked a little skimpy, so I went on line and found a picture of the Surprise with its gaff sail furled. They had it attached to the mast also. I made the correction and it looks alot better....thanks for look'n in..

Frank

post-73-0-60104900-1364607779_thumb.jpg

post-73-0-28632300-1364607788_thumb.jpg

post-73-0-56751000-1364607797_thumb.jpg

post-73-0-94029800-1364607805_thumb.jpg

post-73-0-08149800-1364607813_thumb.jpg

post-73-0-63420800-1364607821_thumb.jpg

post-73-0-98304600-1364607829_thumb.jpg

USRC "ALERT"