Yacht J-class by IgorSky - BOTTLE - Scale 1/300 Finished

Fantastic work as usual Igor!

Mike

Current Wooden builds:  Amati/Victory Pegasus  MS Charles W. Morgan  Euromodel La Renommèe  

Plastic builds:    SB2U-1 Vindicator 1/48  Five Star Yaeyama 1/700  Pit Road Asashio and Akashi 1/700 diorama  Walrus 1/48 and Albatross 1/700  Special Hobby Buffalo 1/32  Eduard Sikorsky JRS-1 1/72  IJN Notoro 1/700  Akitsu Maru 1/700

Completed builds :  Caldercraft Brig Badger   Amati Hannah - Ship in Bottle  Pit Road Hatsuzakura 1/700   Hasegawa Shimakaze 1:350

F4B-4 and P-6E 1/72  Accurate Miniatures F3F-1/F3F-2 1/48  Tamiya F4F-4 Wildcat built as FM-1 1/48  Special Hobby Buffalo 1/48

Citroen 2CV 1/24 - Airfix and Tamiya  Entex Morgan 3-wheeler 1/16

Terminated build:  HMS Lyme (based on Corel Unicorn)  

On the shelf:  Euromodel Friedrich Wilhelm zu Pferde; Caldercraft Victory; too many plastic ship, plane and car kits

Future potential scratch builds:  HMS Lyme (from NMM plans); Le Gros Ventre (from Ancre monographs), Dutch ship from Ab Hoving book, HMS Sussex from McCardle book, Philadelphia gunboat (Smithsonian plans)

This always boggles my mind.  Working with parts that can get lost behind a strand of hair?  Yikes!  

I certainly admire the skill it takes but I cannot even fathom what it would actually be like doing the work.  Kudos to you, Igor!  I humbly bow.

Julie

First and only build: Endeavour - 1934 American's Cup, UK Challenger, J-Class - Amati 1:35

Fantastic work as usual Igor!

Thank you Mike!

This always boggles my mind.  Working with parts that can get lost behind a strand of hair?  Yikes!  

I certainly admire the skill it takes but I cannot even fathom what it would actually be like doing the work.  Kudos to you, Igor!  I humbly bow.

Many thanks Julie Mo!

All of these components and part is not as difficult to make as it seems :)

Best Regards!

Igor.

I'm pondering on entering an Igor instruction class. You've got so much to teach ... brilliant

Many thanks Carl!

But I also continue to learn. This model has become my testing ground for the testing new ideas and technologies :)

During the last weekend I was continuing to work with sails.

At first I have glued grommets using CA. But it was not the good idea.

post-17539-0-16782500-1472463477_thumb.jpg

Then I tried to use Titebond II.

post-17539-0-18943000-1472463499_thumb.jpg

Then I have drilled holes.

post-17539-0-58894200-1472463488_thumb.jpg

post-17539-0-63551000-1472463506_thumb.jpg

That foremost sail is interesting. I'm not sure I've seen a sail like that before. She's looking great Igor.

I wonder if they did that to make it easier to tack.  With the end cut off it looks like it would pass over the other jib more easily.  

It was done to improve the shape of the upper part of the sail to make the boat go faster.

Bob

Every build is a learning experience.

Current build:  SS_ Mariefred

Completed builds:  US Coast Guard Pequot   Friendship-sloop,  Schooner Lettie-G.-Howard,   Spray,   Grand-Banks-dory

a gaff rigged yawl,  HOGA (YT-146),  Int'l Dragon Class II,   Two Edwardian Launches 

In the Gallery:   Catboat,   International-Dragon-Class,   Spray

Very nice Igor!  Are those blocks wood?

Just our of curiosity, how will you step the masts into the hull?  It doesn't look like you are using a hinge - are you using a string from the bottom of the mast through the bottom of the hull?  I'm wondering because I'm doing a similar ship in an upright bottle, but still trying to figure out how to step the masts as I would prefer to avoid using a hinge.

Mike

Current Wooden builds:  Amati/Victory Pegasus  MS Charles W. Morgan  Euromodel La Renommèe  

Plastic builds:    SB2U-1 Vindicator 1/48  Five Star Yaeyama 1/700  Pit Road Asashio and Akashi 1/700 diorama  Walrus 1/48 and Albatross 1/700  Special Hobby Buffalo 1/32  Eduard Sikorsky JRS-1 1/72  IJN Notoro 1/700  Akitsu Maru 1/700

Completed builds :  Caldercraft Brig Badger   Amati Hannah - Ship in Bottle  Pit Road Hatsuzakura 1/700   Hasegawa Shimakaze 1:350

F4B-4 and P-6E 1/72  Accurate Miniatures F3F-1/F3F-2 1/48  Tamiya F4F-4 Wildcat built as FM-1 1/48  Special Hobby Buffalo 1/48

Citroen 2CV 1/24 - Airfix and Tamiya  Entex Morgan 3-wheeler 1/16

Terminated build:  HMS Lyme (based on Corel Unicorn)  

On the shelf:  Euromodel Friedrich Wilhelm zu Pferde; Caldercraft Victory; too many plastic ship, plane and car kits

Future potential scratch builds:  HMS Lyme (from NMM plans); Le Gros Ventre (from Ancre monographs), Dutch ship from Ab Hoving book, HMS Sussex from McCardle book, Philadelphia gunboat (Smithsonian plans)