SHADOW by Omega1234 - Scale 1/300 - Luxury 60m Mega Yacht - Finished

OMG....the movers came in! :)     more super small furniture........fleshing out the room nicely,  I see ;)    looking really good

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller
Phylly C & Denny-Zen - the Lobsie twins - bashed & semi scratch dual build

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Billing's Gothenborg 1:100 / Billing's Boulogne Etaples 1:20
Billing's Half Moon 1:40 - some scratch required
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400
Trawler Syborn - semi scratch / Holiday Harbor dual build - semi scratch

7 minutes ago, popeye the sailor said:

OMG....the movers came in! :)     more super small furniture........fleshing out the room nicely,  I see ;)    looking really good

Hi Denis

Many thanks!  I'm also glad that the 'movers' have moved in.  I was getting a bit twitchy about having to spend so much time on the hull and superstructure (both of which still need a lot of work), but, at least I've been able to start on the really fun bit, ie the furniture and accommodation.

Have a great weekend!

Cheers

Patrick

Hey Patrick, I'm back again after a month.  Super great updates and trying to catch up with all the great builds I get nothing done myself ;) Kidding aside my friend, she's really taking nice shape, great work you are doing.

Cheers,

Piet, The Flying Dutchman.

"Your greatest asset is not the quantity of your friends , rather the quality of your friends."  (old Chinese proverb)

Current Builds: Hr. Ms. Java 1925-1942

VOC Ship Surabaya

Planned Builds: Young America Diorama - scale 1:3000

Future Builds: KPM ship "MS Musi."  Zuiderzee Botter - scale 1:25. VOC Jacht in a 6" lamp,  Buginese fishing Prauw.  Hr. Ms. Java - Royal Navy Netherlands Cruiser.

Completed Builds:   Hr. Ms. O16 Submarine

Hr. Ms. O19 - Submarine Royal Navy Netherlands

Ship Yard Diorama with Topsail schooner -

Friendship Sloop Gwenfra

Muscongus Bay Lobster Smack    

Golden Hind - Cutte Sark (both not in this forum)

Hey howya goin Patrick mate, love the detail your doing inside the ship looks great for such a small ship.

I'm probably not going to live long enough to build all these but I'm BLOODY going to try HAHAHA.

Future Builds: The Schooner Bluenose, scale 1:48, POF Scratch Build (Gene Bodnar practicum - Plans from modelshipbuilder.com)

HMS Victory, scale 1:64 or 1:48, POF Scratch Build (John McKay's plans)

Current Builds: 42ft Longboat Armed for War 1834, scale 1:36 POF Scratch Build (Plans from A.N.C.R.E.) 

Galley Washington 1776, scale 1:48, POF Scratch Build (NRG's Plans)

Ragusian Carrack, scale 1:59, POB kit (MarisStella)

King of the Mississippi, scale 1:80, POB Kit (Artesania Latina)

HMS Snake 1797, 18 Gun Sloop of War, scale 1:64, POB Kit (Jotika/CalderCraft)

Current Build: Stage Coach 1848, scale 1:10, Kit (Artesania Latina) Shhh don't tell the Admins I'm building this I'll hide it here ^under this line^ so they don't see it HAHAHA.

Hi Folks

Thanks for all of your likes and comments.  Much appreciated!

Another quick update.  I've been working on the Entrance Lobby on the Main Deck.  The Lobby is positioned directly forward of the Main Saloon and is where the guests would embark and disembark from the ship when dockside.  

In true mega-yacht style, I've decided to go for the glitzy "wow" appearance.  In doing so, the walls of the Lobby have been lined with gold and silver bands (the silver bands would actually be mirrors in the real ship).  Unfortunately, my poor macro-photography skills means that it's really hard to see the actual effect, but, well, trust me it, it looks ok.  I've also adorned the walls with some cabinetry and wall units for guests to rest their 'what-nots' on.  

Having heaps of fun here...

I hope you enjoy the photos.

Cheers

Patrick

2017-04-11 21.06.47.jpg

2017-04-11 21.13.05.jpg

2017-04-11 21.13.50.jpg

2017-04-11 21.16.35.jpg

2017-04-11 21.17.06.jpg

2017-04-11 21.17.26.jpg

2017-04-11 21.17.42.jpg

2017-04-11 21.18.26.jpg

As per se bloody brilliant work mate. All you need are strobe lights and a mirror ball!

Havagooday

Greg  

"Nothing is impossible, it's only what limitations that you put on yourself make it seems impossible! "

Current log : The Royal Yacht Royal Caroline 1749 1:32 by Greg Ashwood:...

wait ........I might have one!    oh darn..........it's not in your scale :(     look'in really neat there bud!   quite livable! :) 

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400

Hi folks

Just another quick update for you.  I've started to fit-out the Owner's cabin.  In doing so, I've commenced work on the major wall-units which adorn the port and starboard sides of the aft bulkhead.  I've provided a couple of photos of these units in my hand, just to give you a clearer idea of what they look like.

On the forward bulkhead of the Owner's cabin, I've added the wall panelling as well a blue painting with yellow stars on it.  I've also mocked up the owner's king sized bed and some assorted furniture surrounding it.

Still lots of fun to go.

Thanks and have a great week!

Cheers

Patrick

2017-04-16 23.01.16.jpg

2017-04-16 23.02.06.jpg

2017-04-16 23.00.51.jpg

2017-04-16 23.02.46.jpg

2017-04-16 23.03.28.jpg

2017-04-16 23.10.22.jpg

2017-04-16 23.11.40.jpg

amazing fine details Patrick,

so many rooms and fitting out on your yacht to explore, .....:)

Nils

Current builds

-Lightship Elbe 1

Completed

- Steamship Ergenstrasse ex Laker Corsicana 1918- scale 1:87 scratchbuild

"Zeesboot"  heritage wooden fishing small craft around 1870, POB  clinker scratch build scale 1:24

Pilot Schooner # 5 ELBE  ex Wanderbird, scale 1:50 scratchbuild

Mississippi Sterwheelsteamer built as christmapresent for grandson modified kit build

Chebec "Eagle of Algier" 1753--scale 1:48-POB-(scratchbuild) 

"SS Kaiser Wilhelm der Grosse" four stacker passenger liner of 1897, blue ribbond awarded, 1:144 (scratchbuild)
"HMS Pegasus" , 16 gun sloop, Swan-Class 1776-1777 scale 1:64 from Amati plan 

-"Pamir" 4-mast barque, P-liner, 1:96  (scratchbuild)

-"Gorch Fock 2" German Navy cadet training 3-mast barque, 1:95 (scratchbuild) 

"Heinrich Kayser" heritage Merchant Steamship, 1:96 (scratchbuild)  original was my grandfathers ship

-"Bohuslän" , heritage ,live Swedish museum passenger steamer (Billings kit), 1:50 

"Lorbas", river tug, steam driven for RC, fictive design (scratchbuild), scale appr. 1:32

under restoration / restoration finished 

"Hjejlen" steam paddlewheeler, 1861, Billings Boats rare old kit, scale 1:50

G'day Patrick 

I thank Nils has said it all.

Bloody amazing and the thumb shots are breath taking. 

Havagooday mate 

Greg 

"Nothing is impossible, it's only what limitations that you put on yourself make it seems impossible! "

Current log : The Royal Yacht Royal Caroline 1749 1:32 by Greg Ashwood:...

Patrick, I am blown away every time I stop by. I would be bonkers trying to get that scale of detail.

Zipper hydroplane(Miss Mabel ) finished

John Cudahy  Scratch build 1/4" scale Steam Tug

1914 Steam Tug Scratch build from HAMMS plans

1820 Pinky  "Eagle" Scratch build from; American Ships Their Plans and History

Wow! Those shelves look near impossible to build, even with tweezers!

-Elijah

Current build(s):

Continental Gunboat Philadelphia by Model Shipways

https://modelshipworld.com/index.php?/topic/15753-continental-gunboat-philadelphia-by-elijah-model-shipways-124-scale/

Completed build(s):

Model Shipways Phantom

http://modelshipworld.com/index.php?showtopic=12376

Member of:

The Nautical Research Guild

N.R.M.S.S. (Nautical Research and Model Ship Society)

Great miniature carpentry........  Is that a pillow top mattress...I see....?

Rob

Current build:

Build log: https://modelshipworld.com/topic/25382-glory-of-the-seas-medium-clipper-1869-by-rwiederrich-196

Finished build:

Build log: of 1/128th Great Republic: http://modelshipworld.com/index.php/topic/13740-great-republic-by-rwiederrich-four-masted-extreme-clipper-1853/#

Current build(On hold):

Build log: 1/96  Donald McKay:http://modelshipworld.com/index.php?/topic/4522-donald-mckay-medium-clipper-by-rwiederrich-1855/

Completed build:  http://modelshipworld.com/index.php?/gallery/album/475-196-cutty-sark-plastic/

The LORD said, "See, I have set (them) aside...with skills of all kinds, to make artistic designs for work in gold, silver, and bronze, to cut and set stones, to work in wood, and to engage in all kinds of crafts."

7 hours ago, Elijah said:

Wow! Those shelves look near impossible to build, even with tweezers!

Hi Elijah

It's great to hear from you!  The shelves are indeed tiny, but they were great fun to do, nonetheless.

Have a great week.

Cheers

Patrick

4 hours ago, rwiederrich said:

Great miniature carpentry........  Is that a pillow top mattress...I see....?

Rob

Hey Rob

Many thanks.  The mattress is yet to be completed, but when it is, it will indeed have some pillows on it....perfect for relaxing after a lazy day of cocktails and food😊.

Have a great week.

Cheers

Patrick

Hi Patrick, I am just checking in again, you just keep amazing me with how much detail you can squeeze into this small big yacht.

Michael

Current builds  Bristol Pilot Cutter 1:8;      Skipjack 19 foot Launch 1:8;       Herreshoff Buzzards Bay 14 1:8

Other projects  Pilot Cutter 1:500 ;   Maria, 1:2  Now just a memory    

Future model Gill Smith Catboat Pauline 1:8

Finished projects  A Bassett Lowke steamship Albertic 1:100  

Anything you can imagine is possible, when you put your mind to it.

35 minutes ago, michael mott said:

Hi Patrick, I am just checking in again, you just keep amazing me with how much detail you can squeeze into this small big yacht.

Michael

Hi Michael

Many thanks and I'm glad that you like Shadow. She's most certainly an absolute joy to build, but challenging as well, at the same time.

I'm also glad to hear that you're out of hospital and back home.

All the best!

Cheers

Patrick

Hi folks

Hope you're all going really well.  A very quick update for you, once again.  I'm still working on the Owner's Stateroom; principally, I've added the two bedside tables and the bedside lamps (they're the rectangular white lampshades, in case you were wondering).

58f618a7e7e6e_2017-04-1821_25_07.thumb.jpg.0ac3194b81277fa24f316d63764a7134.jpg

Also, as in the full sized ship, I've added the two large potted shrubs which adorn the bulkhead.  These are a bit hard to see, but, please trust me, they're there...you may just need to look really close!

58f6188fe13fb_2017-04-1821_23_17.thumb.jpg.438fc0e2993f3833e18ae1c28f2b4b2e.jpg58f618a7e7e6e_2017-04-1821_25_07.thumb.jpg.0ac3194b81277fa24f316d63764a7134.jpg58f618bfc9798_2017-04-1821_25_20.thumb.jpg.a0429d116a36cf51cf7152a76b02cee5.jpg

Have a great week, everyone!

Cheers

Patrick

2017-04-18 21.27.40.jpg

8 minutes ago, Mahuna said:

Amazing work, Patrick.  I'm running out of superlatives!

Thanks, Frank - I have that problem when I look at your work, as well as other notable participants in MSW as well!!!!

Have a great week.

Cheers

Patrick

amazing work Patrick.......the cabinetry is superb!   so what are we look'in at.......his 'n her lavatories with a walk in closet for hers?   very well done :) 

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:

Those plants are a great addition! Are they made with tapered wooden dowels with a little moss on top?

-Elijah

Current build(s):

Continental Gunboat Philadelphia by Model Shipways

https://modelshipworld.com/index.php?/topic/15753-continental-gunboat-philadelphia-by-elijah-model-shipways-124-scale/

Completed build(s):

Model Shipways Phantom

http://modelshipworld.com/index.php?showtopic=12376

Member of:

The Nautical Research Guild

N.R.M.S.S. (Nautical Research and Model Ship Society)