Oooh! A nice long-term project for someone. Looks like a beautiful production, but not cheap.

Reshirt, Jean-Paul, you have reason, I should have written about this another new model, but I unconsciously paid attention to the bigger one.

Beautiful monograph, as usual. Stunning looking ship.

But I've noticed the Ancre goes out of their way to avoid ships of the French Revolutionary and Napoleonic Periods. They are nearly all late 17th Century to mid-18th. The only exception is the lovely little brig Cygne, circa 1806, and the Creole, 1828. I get it. They like the fancy carvings of the period, as do I, but I'd also like to see frigates and corvettes of the Age of Nelson. But I wonder if they are also avoiding a historical period in which the French Navy didn't perform all that well. In so doing, they omit some of the most beautiful and technologically advanced ships of their day. A little wounded national pride, me-thinks? I hear rumors that a 24-pounder frigate from just that era may be in the works. Fingers crossed ...

I am very excited by the release of the St. Philippe.  As with L'Ambiteaux, this new monograph should provide a very necessary bridge between the First and Second Marines of Louis XIVs navy.  The two models that were on display at Rochefort were extremely impressive.

2 hours ago, uss frolick said:

... I hear rumors that a 24-pounder frigate from just that era may be in the works. Fingers crossed ... ...

Hello,

This is quite true for the project, I am working on the monograph of a frigate of 24 "L’Égyptienne". The plans are almost finished, it remains the writing of the text.
Expected release early next year but not at Ancre Editions but under my name as usual since 2006.

Gérard Delacroix

Edited by G. Delacroix

1 hour ago, G. Delacroix said:

Hello,

This is quite true for the project, I am working on the monograph of a frigate of 24 "L’Égyptienne". The plans are almost finished, it remains the writing of the text.
Expected release early next year but not at Ancre Editions but under my name as usual since 2006.

Gérard Delacroix

Hello Mr Delacroix. I don't know if you remember I asked you about an estimated release date. No doubt, it's a great news! I keep on expecting this new monograph. Thanks for this information.

I've noticed the Ancre goes out of their way to avoid ships of the French Revolutionary and Napoleonic Periods.

The only rebuttal to this is

La Venus  -    is of Hebe class   and  was of the Revolution period  and was the basis of a huge number of RN frigates extending past 1815.

My complaint is the monograph et al. = there is no Body plan of just the stations inside the planking -  even the supp. plans set while having lofted frames,  which is fine for most,  just duplicates the original monograph at a different scale  - the RN take off  = Leda  needs a ton of work because time has been unkind.

The 74 Gun Ship  is the Temeraire class - also  Revolutionary  

not ANCRE but Delacroix  - Commerce de Marseille  - 118 gun big boys of both periods.

Frolick:

They do have an "add-on" for the La Venus monograph which provides additional drawings.  I don't have that one, just the original.

There'is the La Belle Poule monograph in which the plans are set for bulkheads, not frames.  Le Renommee of 1744 has a monograph. And there's the latest frigate monograph for L' Hermione.

I'm not sure it qualifies as true frigate but also Bonhomme Richard.