HMS Terror by clearway - FINISHED - OcCre - 1:75 - upgraded

After a glorious first three days of long easter weekend working in the garden, day four equals rain so back to some more "last jobs" on terror.

Using some blackened brass eyes from the kit added the empty davit mounts on the hull -Captain Crozier had the iron stanchions fitted at the waist removed but i very much doubt they would have removed the mountings.

Still not sure what to do with that last whaleboat🤔

Terror_davit_supports1.thumb.jpg.19064c6b8202dd0e8ca913d62c45237b.jpg

Also Crozier had the barge sent back, so should we have the larger ships boat there?!- also means you would be down to 8 boats as opposed to 9.

Take care all

Keith

• 2 weeks later...

Still can't believe it is three years since Keith S prompted me to start my model of Terror which had been in my stash for a year or so, A big thank you goes to Matthew Betts whose building Terror blog enticed me to model her, and Keith S for the many convos especially in the dark days of lockdown one - really appreciated the back and forth Keith.  I still can't decide what to do with the 2nd whaleboat so will leave it off (this might change)! 

Terror_finished_11.thumb.jpg.00b650de31f4054fe4f3c16f103d45ad.jpg

Terror_finished_21.thumb.jpg.a780f378b797f5835533522f759831da.jpg

Terror_finished_31.thumb.jpg.b9572d09d8e61f395717c41e6aabdcf5.jpg

Terror_finished_91.thumb.jpg.8cfa8b9afeb2064f149f93ca07a31a04.jpg

Terror_finished_81.thumb.jpg.06c192fb3a017c837056b5b7de228ac7.jpg

Thanks everyone for the input, comments, likes and popping in for a view.

Take care all,

Keith

On 4/10/2023 at 8:58 PM, clearway said:

After a glorious first three days of long easter weekend working in the garden, day four equals rain so back to some more "last jobs" on terror.

Using some blackened brass eyes from the kit added the empty davit mounts on the hull -Captain Crozier had the iron stanchions fitted at the waist removed but i very much doubt they would have removed the mountings.

Still not sure what to do with that last whaleboat🤔

Terror_davit_supports1.thumb.jpg.19064c6b8202dd0e8ca913d62c45237b.jpg

Also Crozier had the barge sent back, so should we have the larger ships boat there?!- also means you would be down to 8 boats as opposed to 9.

Take care all

Keith

wwhhooaaaa the fixation of the boats are very very nice and clean! and with the sled, nice addition (i've copied it from you hehehe).

really in ALL points i'm seeing are improvements from the original...

39 minutes ago, Geowolf said:

seeing your finished model is a pleasure! full of added details, seems another kit and it speaks a lot about you, the attention to the details are awesome; you must to be so proud! i can't wait yo see your next ship 🤩  

Thanks Geo- i thought you would like the finished ship- many thanks also go to Craig (A.K.A. i must be crazy) who helped Keith S and myself sort out the conundrum regards the azimuth compass and the post it sits on.

Keith

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Well i have done it again!!!!! Sometime this week Occres HMS Erebus kit will hopefully be delivered to me🤪. At least this time i have a better idea of what to expect, and this time will be looking to correct in wrong shaped frames (Matthew Betts stated in his blog about the frames being altered from true to stop piracy and the weird bulge on Terrors hull shows this). Looked at the kits instructions on occres website and it really just looks like they have used their Terror kit with a couple of differences thrown in.

Once the kit is hopefully in my hands i will start a build log (already spotted couple of things needing altered along with all the stuff from Terror kit!

Keith

15 hours ago, James H said:

I'm currently on holiday, about 3 miles from where HMS Terror was built.

Great place Topsham-- super big Antiques place in the harbour. Worth visiting.

HMAV Bounty 'Billings' completed  

HMS Cheerful - Syren-Chuck' completed :)

Steam Pinnace 199 'Billings bashed' - completed

HMS Ledbury F30 --White Ensign -completed 😎

HMS Vanguard 'Victory models'-- completed :)

Bismarck Amati 1/200 --underway  👍