...but here's the mid November view out my shop "window" in southern California

I'll spare you the photo of me in shorts

16055493370210.jpg

Edited by Patrick Matthews

Pat M.

Matthews Model Marine

Model FUNCTION as well as FORM.

Get your boats wet!

It's becoming Winter, a time when I'd retreat to my well heated basement shop where I could only get a little glimpse of the slate gray skies through the little casement window yet could hear the sound of the howling wind resonating down the furnace flue.

Pat M.

Matthews Model Marine

Model FUNCTION as well as FORM.

Get your boats wet!

Come on Patrick!

I’ll have you know that here in Northern, MN we just realized that there is such a thing as “inside plumbing”, so we no longer have venture outside on cold winter nights.

BTW,  our glorious Northern Minnesota summers are a detriment to ship model building; middle 70’s and moderate humidity everyone wants to be outside (except when the black flies and mosquitoes are out).

Roger

Still in the 60's here in slower lower Delaware. Although the winds were howling last night,

Al

Current Build

The President by Sergal

Completed Build

Cutty Sark 1:75

SIB Hannah

Opium Smuggler

SIB Pride of Baltimore II

On Deck

Pride of Baltimore II

Ah, I think Winter is a little late on the East Coast this year from what I've heard (of course I may have Palm trees from my view, even over in the East 😉)

Edited by VTHokiEE

Patrick, 

Yeah back here in the East (Ave Maria, FL) the weather is not good.  85 degrees F, today so a sweaty day on the golf course.    Life can be hard.

Truth is that I miss a few things about the northeast such as the fall colors, nights on the town in Manhattan, the tree going up in Rockefeller Center, fishing for striped bass in the spring and fall in Raritan Bay and Sandy Hook, and a couple other things.    Don't miss the high taxes, traffic, and a number of things, so a good trade off for us having moved down here.

Allan

PLEASE take 30 SECONDS and sign up for the epic Nelson/Trafalgar project if you would like to see it made into a TV series.   Click on http://trafalgar.tv   There is no cost other than the 30 seconds of your time.  THANK YOU

Here on the easternmost coast of the Us in Downeast Maine I awaken each moring to ascertain the conditions by gazing from my window to see it Canada (about a mile away) is in view across the bay. If not, it either foggy, raining or (shiver) snowing. This week we have had a brief but intense storm woth wind of 44 gusting to 62. Temperatures, alas, are falling rapidly - 70's a week back to barely above freezing in the forecast for today. My poor remaining petunias may finally surrender to the chilling effects - thus far, though, they have been persistent through short freezes and a light snow event which coated them overnit=ght before the temperature, schizophrenic and confused, rebounded into the mid 60's that same day.

Wayne

Neither should a ship rely on one small anchor, nor should life rest on a single hope.
Epictetus

Backyard has been like this for a couple of weeks now.

IMG_1427x1024.jpg.572b1e22d8fa8d39cca7ed5487ebf4ca.jpg

Most likely stay this way till the end of march with a steady increase until after the equinox when it will begin to recede again.

Michael

Current builds  Bristol Pilot Cutter 1:8;      Skipjack 19 foot Launch 1:8;       Herreshoff Buzzards Bay 14 1:8

Other projects  Pilot Cutter 1:500 ;   Maria, 1:2  Now just a memory    

Future model Gill Smith Catboat Pauline 1:8

Finished projects  A Bassett Lowke steamship Albertic 1:100  

Anything you can imagine is possible, when you put your mind to it.

Michael, My Dad sent me pics last week of the dumping you guys received. Being in Ottawa at the time, I was snickering and grateful we hadn't been hit yet. I should have known it couldn't last as we got that same kind of dump last night. It sure looks beautiful seeing it in it's pristine, fresh fallen state but my gosh does it get old fast! I grew up in Thunder Bay and never got used to the cold. I envy the folks down south for the weather!

Current Build- HMS Winchelsea 1764 1:48

DRY, dank and dreary here in Somerset UK 10 degs

Edited by Kevin

Its all part of Kev's journey, bit like going to the dark side, but with the lights on

All the best

Kevin :omg:

SAY NO TO PIRACY. SUPPORT ORIGINAL IDEAS AND MANUFACTURERS.
KEEP IT REAL!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On the build table

HMS Indefatigable 1794 by Kevin - Vanguard Models - 1:64 - Feb 2023 

HMHS Britannic by Kevin 

SD 14  - Marcle Models - 1/70 - March 2022 -  Bluebell - Flower Class - Revel - 1/72   U552 German U Boat - Trumpeter - 1/48  Amerigo Vespucci     1/84 - Panart-   HMS Enterprise  -CAF -  1/48     

Finished     

St-Nectan-Mountfleet-models-steam-trawler-1/32 - Completed June 2020

HMS Victory - Caldercraft/Jotika - 1/72 - Finished   Dorade renamed Dora by Kevin - Amati - 1/20 - Completed March 2021 

Stage Coach 1848 - Artesania Latina - 1/10 -Finished Lady Eleanor by Kevin - FINISHED - Vanguard Models - 1/64 - Fifie fishing boat