HMS Agamemnon by george - FINISHED - Caldercraft

Hi George,

If you want to fix them in now you could do a dry fit with the steps and mark out their new position, remove the steps then fix the cleats in place, if it were me I would fix them now before it gets too tight for space.

I'm not sure how much pressure these cleats are going to take so I pinned and glued mine, that's why I didn't move them, I don't want to do any damage to the deck.

I'm sure the fix whatever you choose will come out looking good.

mobbsie

mobbsie
All mistakes are deliberate ( me )

Current Build:- HMS Schooner Pickle

Completed Builds :-   Panart 1/16 Armed Launch / Pinnace ( Completed ),  Granado Cross Section 1/48

Harwich Bawley, Restoration,  Thames Barge Edme, Repair / Restoration,  Will Everard 1/67 Billings 

HMS Agamemnon 1781 - 1/64 Caldercraft KitHM Brig Badger,  HM Bomb Vessel Granado,
Thames Steam Launch Louise,  Thames Barge Edme,  Viking Dragon Boat

Next Build :-  

• 3 weeks later...

Here's  where I'm up to at the moment. Can't think of much else that needs

doing on the decks. I might put a couple of carronades on the forecastle.

Not made my mind up yet.

George: Great job on the Agamemnon. Im working on the kit as well and just finishing up the deck furniture on the gun deck. I noticed you used netting for the storage rails along the edges of the deck. What did you use as I was planning to do the same thing and I haven't found anything that gets the look that I want

Mike Draper

Whitehorse, Yukon

Canada

Mike Draper

Whitehorse, Yukon

Canada

Member, Nautical Research Guild

George: Great job on the Agamemnon. Im working on the kit as well and just finishing up the deck furniture on the gun deck. I noticed you used netting for the storage rails along the edges of the deck. What did you use as I was planning to do the same thing and I haven't found anything that gets the look that I want

Mike Draper

Whitehorse, Yukon

Canada

I also forgot to mention that I noticed you fully rigged your guns.. good on ya.. I think it always adds that extra level of detail that is often overlooked.

Mike Draper

Whitehorse, Yukon

Canada

Mike Draper

Whitehorse, Yukon

Canada

Cheers Mike for the kind comments. The netting is called Tulle I believe, my niece gave it to me but I don't

think its hard to get hold of.

I soaked it I tea for a while to get a better colour, the original colour was too white. Although black is as good

took me a while to decide which colour to use. the photo's seem to have washed it out but it does look 

quite good in natural light.

George

Cheers Mike for the kind comments. The netting is called Tulle I believe, my niece gave it to me but I don't

think its hard to get hold of.

I soaked it I tea for a while to get a better colour, the original colour was too white. Although black is as good

took me a while to decide which colour to use. the photo's seem to have washed it out but it does look 

quite good in natural light.

George

George: thanks for the response. I never have heard of Tulle but I will have to look around and see what I can find about it. Did you sew it on or glue it to the brackets?

Again.. a great job at your Agamemnon. a lot of work to get where you are at.

Mike Draper

Whitehorse, Yukon

Canada

Mike Draper

Whitehorse, Yukon

Canada

Mick,

I sewed it on, not great at sewing but once I got going it wasn't to bad.

George.

George: Figured as much.. thanks for letting me know.. I glued on netting on my last project Model Shipways Constitution and it was a bugger to get it taut.. looks like you got the look just right on your aggy...

Thanks

Mike Draper

Whitehorse, Yukon

Canada

Mike Draper

Whitehorse, Yukon

Canada

George,

What a beautiful journey your taking with this build! Hope you don't mind if I jump on board and go the rest of the way with!

What a massive and beautiful ship!

Warm Regards,

Bill

Passion is Patience...and I am a carpenter in any scale.

Current build;  Endurance - 1:70 scale, Occre

Current build;    H.M.S. Surprise - 1796, 1:48 A L

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All.

Just a few more pictures, Fitted the lamps on the stern and fixed the figurehead on.

I drilled a hole through his hand so I can push a brass rod in, instead of trying to straighten

the spear that he's holding. Also replaced the belaying pin that came with the kit for the longer

more correct type.

post-2248-0-81061900-1385294395_thumb.jpg

post-2248-0-71256700-1385294418_thumb.jpg

post-2248-0-32995000-1385294608_thumb.jpg

Hi George,

It seems endemic with most kits, the stern transoms need to be adjusted in most cases, I had to lift mine by about 5mm, quite a lot really, this then results in all manner of changes that need to be made.

Having said that your doing a great job on her, keep it up mate.

Be Good

mobbsie

mobbsie

Completed Builds :-   Panart 1/16 Armed Launch / Pinnace ( Completed ),  Granado Cross Section 1/48

Harwich Bawley, Restoration,  Thames Barge Edme, Repair / Restoration,  Will Everard 1/67 Billings 

HMS Agamemnon 1781 - 1/64 Caldercraft KitHM Brig Badger,  HM Bomb Vessel Granado,

• 3 weeks later...

She's looking real smart George, well done.

Good luck with the channels and chains mate.

Be Good

mobbsie

mobbsie

• 3 weeks later...

Looking great George.  What a beautiful ship!

Mike

Current Wooden builds:  Amati/Victory Pegasus  MS Charles W. Morgan  Euromodel La Renommèe  

Plastic builds:    SB2U-1 Vindicator 1/48  Five Star Yaeyama 1/700  Pit Road Asashio and Akashi 1/700 diorama  Walrus 1/48 and Albatross 1/700  Special Hobby Buffalo 1/32  Eduard Sikorsky JRS-1 1/72  IJN Notoro 1/700  Akitsu Maru 1/700

Completed builds :  Caldercraft Brig Badger   Amati Hannah - Ship in Bottle  Pit Road Hatsuzakura 1/700   Hasegawa Shimakaze 1:350

F4B-4 and P-6E 1/72  Accurate Miniatures F3F-1/F3F-2 1/48  Tamiya F4F-4 Wildcat built as FM-1 1/48  Special Hobby Buffalo 1/48

Citroen 2CV 1/24 - Airfix and Tamiya  Entex Morgan 3-wheeler 1/16

Terminated build:  HMS Lyme (based on Corel Unicorn)  

On the shelf:  Euromodel Friedrich Wilhelm zu Pferde; Caldercraft Victory; too many plastic ship, plane and car kits

Future potential scratch builds:  HMS Lyme (from NMM plans); Le Gros Ventre (from Ancre monographs), Dutch ship from Ab Hoving book, HMS Sussex from McCardle book, Philadelphia gunboat (Smithsonian plans)

Wow George,

That looks fabulous !

I hope I can reach your level with my Aggy !

Thanks for the great pictures !

What colour have you use for the Stern ?

Black, white and ?

animaatjes-sjors-94584.gif

Cheers Guys,

Mick.

Just checked out your Badger build, Excellent work my friend.

I received the Badger as a Christmas present. Be a while before I get round to it but when

I do I know which log to go to if any problems arise.  

Sjors.

I use Vallejo Paints. The Stern as most of the ship is in Yellow Ochre 121 and Matt Black 169.

George.

• 1 month later...

Very impressive model George

Well done !!

I love the Details and the scale Chosen for this one...

Nils

Current builds

-Lightship Elbe 1

Completed

- Steamship Ergenstrasse ex Laker Corsicana 1918- scale 1:87 scratchbuild

"Zeesboot"  heritage wooden fishing small craft around 1870, POB  clinker scratch build scale 1:24

Pilot Schooner # 5 ELBE  ex Wanderbird, scale 1:50 scratchbuild

Mississippi Sterwheelsteamer built as christmapresent for grandson modified kit build

Chebec "Eagle of Algier" 1753--scale 1:48-POB-(scratchbuild) 

"SS Kaiser Wilhelm der Grosse" four stacker passenger liner of 1897, blue ribbond awarded, 1:144 (scratchbuild)
"HMS Pegasus" , 16 gun sloop, Swan-Class 1776-1777 scale 1:64 from Amati plan 

-"Pamir" 4-mast barque, P-liner, 1:96  (scratchbuild)

-"Gorch Fock 2" German Navy cadet training 3-mast barque, 1:95 (scratchbuild) 

"Heinrich Kayser" heritage Merchant Steamship, 1:96 (scratchbuild)  original was my grandfathers ship

-"Bohuslän" , heritage ,live Swedish museum passenger steamer (Billings kit), 1:50 

"Lorbas", river tug, steam driven for RC, fictive design (scratchbuild), scale appr. 1:32

under restoration / restoration finished 

"Hjejlen" steam paddlewheeler, 1861, Billings Boats rare old kit, scale 1:50

• 4 months later...

Beautiful work!  Inspiring craftsmanship.

Tom

Current: Sergal Sovereign of the Seas

Previous builds:  AL Swift, AL King of the Mississippi, Mamoli Roter Lowe, Amati Chinese Junk, Caesar, Mamoli USS Constitution, Mantua HMS Victory, Panart San Felipe, Mantua Sergal Soleil Royal

• 1 month later...