PAMIR 1905 by Mirabell61 - 4 mast barque scale 1:96 - -cargo sailing tallship - as she appeared since 1951/1952 - lost 1957 - Finished

Oh Crackers, what a great Finale....!

you make me smile to both ears, thank you so much for These nice words and your clip...

It realy was a pleasure for me to post that complete build log, hopefuly someone else shall also be inspired to do one of the Flying P-Liners one day.

I was myself thinking about the "Potosi" or the "Preussen", but in scale 1:96 they would turn out as Monsters in length, allthough being the non plus ultra in challenge (in model) being the racehorses of the freight sailing tallships.

Perhaps I may in future start a build log of the german navy 3-mast barque "Gorch Fock 2", in Version of the late 1960 ties, but that would have to be rearranged out of my photo Archive and set up into sequential parts first.

again many thanks

Nils

Nils, your last two posts of photos were absolutely breathtaking!  Thanks so much for posting your build log, it was a real treat to see photos of your beautiful model.  As others have mentioned you now have a following of modelers addicted to seeing photos of your work.  I am eager for you to start your next build log! 

john

John,

thank you very much for your appreciative and encouraging words, and this goes as well to all the many other fellow mates who liked the Pamir Build log as well. I feel very honoured for the results of my work being liked so much, and for myself it has been a great pleasure to share this with others. Maybe the one or other tip could be of use or inspirative, I also shall adopt likewise good tips out of this Forum.

I have decided to post another complete build log, probably beginning in the coming week.

Again many thanks John

Nils

Crackers,

I am writing on the introduction for my Gorch Fock 2 build log,

and am sorting the sequential parts

Shall post it tomorrow beginning with build log part 1

Nils

post-3445-0-40851300-1393692378_thumb.jpg

German Navy (Bundesmarine) cadet training 3-mast barque Gorch Fock 2

in Version of the 1960 ties...

Crackers,

Beethoven is excellent, but I'd prefer Mendelssohn's Scottish Synphony.

Can't go wrong with the Brandenburg Concerti or Handel's Water Music either.

If I were building more modern warships (especially WW2) i'd go with Richard Roger's music from "Victory at Sea".

But to each their own.

Glad to see a build log of the Gorch Fock in the works.

Thanks,

Harvey

Edited by capnharv2
  • 7 months later...

Nils,

Germanus Hullen sent me the link to this build. I didn't even know this build was taking place till today. I can only echo what has already been said, simply outstanding and a true thing of beauty. Looking forward to to the Gorch Fock if that's what you're intending to build. I will watch closely with intent.

Jeff

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
9 minutes ago, Auwi said:

Nils: Congratulations for such excellent work with the Pamir.I remember when she was lost . I was very impressed since I was 17 years old and thought of the many cadets that were lost on that accident

Alvaro Mendoza

Thank you very much for your words Alvaro, in Sept. this year it will be 60 years since that great P-Liner foundered, I was 9 years old and I also remember from the news and radio reports it was quite touching to follow...., only 6 young lads survived in broken down lifeboat wrecks after several days

Nils