Symphony by Omega1234 - FINISHED - 1/200 scale - 112' Ketch

Now that you have demonstrated a real good knack of working in miniature ( which is excellent ) I was wondering what you were using to light the lounge ? :D  :D:rolleyes:  

Be Good

mobbsie

mobbsie
All mistakes are deliberate ( me )

Current Build:- HMS Schooner Pickle

Completed Builds :-   Panart 1/16 Armed Launch / Pinnace ( Completed ),  Granado Cross Section 1/48

Harwich Bawley, Restoration,  Thames Barge Edme, Repair / Restoration,  Will Everard 1/67 Billings 

HMS Agamemnon 1781 - 1/64 Caldercraft KitHM Brig Badger,  HM Bomb Vessel Granado,
Thames Steam Launch Louise,  Thames Barge Edme,  Viking Dragon Boat

Next Build :-  

Candles Mobbsie, or a lanthorn ... should keep it in style with the fireplace, right ...

Patrick,

Firsdt of all: Enjoy your holiday.

You did take your miniature build with you ...? So you can still keep us entertained ... did you!? Why tissue paper and not i.g. plain paper, or for that matter rice paper ...

Carl

"Desperate affairs require desperate measures." Lord Nelson
Search and you might find a log ...

Hi Mobbsie and Carl

Mobbsie - I hadn't thought about the lighting, but I guess I could always use one of Igor's giant matches!!!

Carl - thanks also for your comments. To be honest, there's no real difference between using paper, rice paper or tissue paper, because at the end of the day, its only purpose is to provide structural rigidity, and, furthermore, the paper sides will never be seen. I've used all three at one time, or another; it just depended upon whatever I had available at the time.

I hope this helps

Cheers

Patrick

Edited by Omega1234

Patrick,

I posed the question in view of the difference in strength and flexibility between plain paper and e.g. tissue paper when used not glued ... Thanks!

Edited by cog

Carl

"Desperate affairs require desperate measures." Lord Nelson
Search and you might find a log ...

Hi Carl

If I understand your question (and my apologies if I haven't answered your question), but definitely the paper would give the strips the most structural rigidity.

Please let me know if I've missed the mark in answering your question.

Cheers and all the best!

Patrick

Hi everyone

Not much progress lately, except a little bit more work on the navigation station as well as the two round single chairs that Symphony has, which are located just in front of the curved cupboard. I've also made the chair for the navigator to sit in at the nav desk.  It may be hard to make out, but, it's there.

Also, as promised for Mike Gerber's daughter, I've included some shots of the elephants on the tin that I use as a work-stand for my models.  Mike tells me that his daughter loves it, so I hope she'll enjoy these photos!

Cheers and all the best everyone!

Patrick

post-7645-0-10263500-1437466669_thumb.jpg

post-7645-0-89962600-1437466676_thumb.jpg

post-7645-0-10231400-1437466683_thumb.jpg

post-7645-0-85839600-1437466689_thumb.jpg

post-7645-0-03965000-1437466696_thumb.jpg

post-7645-0-52205500-1437466703_thumb.jpg

post-7645-0-25136900-1437466711_thumb.jpg

post-7645-0-50426200-1437466718_thumb.jpg

Edited by Omega1234

Hi Patrick,

Lovely touch with the chairs Patrick, the lounge is looking pretty swish right now, it's hard to think what more you could put in there.

I don't know about Mike's daughter liking the tin, I do, nicely done mate.

Be Good

mobbsie

mobbsie

Completed Builds :-   Panart 1/16 Armed Launch / Pinnace ( Completed ),  Granado Cross Section 1/48

Harwich Bawley, Restoration,  Thames Barge Edme, Repair / Restoration,  Will Everard 1/67 Billings 

HMS Agamemnon 1781 - 1/64 Caldercraft KitHM Brig Badger,  HM Bomb Vessel Granado,

Yes, I can see why she likes the elephants.  The saloon is also nice.

Bob

Every build is a learning experience.

Current build:  SS_ Mariefred

Completed builds:  US Coast Guard Pequot   Friendship-sloop,  Schooner Lettie-G.-Howard,   Spray,   Grand-Banks-dory

a gaff rigged yawl,  HOGA (YT-146),  Int'l Dragon Class II,   Two Edwardian Launches 

In the Gallery:   Catboat,   International-Dragon-Class,   Spray

Hi Patrick

Thank you very much for the Photos of your funny tin - by my little girl I've already get a print job for tomorrow ...  ;)

Actually, you can put that tin in Symphony's salon as a micro model on the sideboard ...  ;) 

... by the way, Symphony's salon with the fireplace looks awesome!

All the best.
Mike
Edited by mikegerber

current scratch build 1:15

Colin Archer - RS14 "Stavanger"

Super nice saloon, Patrick.  The chairs are a great touch.

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

getting caught up my friend...... your little boat.........the boat that will go in the little boat >head's spinning<  is just so awesome!   to do something that small is a really tough feat..........and you did a terrific job of it!  ;)    love the cabinet......you said you had a plan for that piece I saw.......and man,  you weren't kidding.......the chairs are really neat as well.    your going way over the top on this build........superb workmanship!  :)

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller
Phylly C & Denny-Zen - the Lobsie twins - bashed & semi scratch dual build

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Billing's Gothenborg 1:100 / Billing's Boulogne Etaples 1:20
Billing's Half Moon 1:40 - some scratch required
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400
Trawler Syborn - semi scratch / Holiday Harbor dual build - semi scratch

Patrick,

that interior of "Symphony" is a real treat to look at, you`re developing to a creative ship`s fitting out designer, well done

Nils

Current builds

-Lightship Elbe 1

Completed

- Steamship Ergenstrasse ex Laker Corsicana 1918- scale 1:87 scratchbuild

"Zeesboot"  heritage wooden fishing small craft around 1870, POB  clinker scratch build scale 1:24

Pilot Schooner # 5 ELBE  ex Wanderbird, scale 1:50 scratchbuild

Mississippi Sterwheelsteamer built as christmapresent for grandson modified kit build

Chebec "Eagle of Algier" 1753--scale 1:48-POB-(scratchbuild) 

"SS Kaiser Wilhelm der Grosse" four stacker passenger liner of 1897, blue ribbond awarded, 1:144 (scratchbuild)
"HMS Pegasus" , 16 gun sloop, Swan-Class 1776-1777 scale 1:64 from Amati plan 

-"Pamir" 4-mast barque, P-liner, 1:96  (scratchbuild)

-"Gorch Fock 2" German Navy cadet training 3-mast barque, 1:95 (scratchbuild) 

"Heinrich Kayser" heritage Merchant Steamship, 1:96 (scratchbuild)  original was my grandfathers ship

-"Bohuslän" , heritage ,live Swedish museum passenger steamer (Billings kit), 1:50 

"Lorbas", river tug, steam driven for RC, fictive design (scratchbuild), scale appr. 1:32

under restoration / restoration finished 

"Hjejlen" steam paddlewheeler, 1861, Billings Boats rare old kit, scale 1:50

Hi everyone!

Thanks for all of your comments and Likes. Greatly appreciated.

Tonight, I managed to do a bit more on one of the double cabins. It may not look like much at the moment, but it's a start.

Anyway, I hope you enjoy these photos.

Cheers and thanks

Patrick

post-7645-0-34217000-1437751258_thumb.jpg

post-7645-0-87338800-1437751274_thumb.jpg

post-7645-0-54990600-1437751294_thumb.jpg

post-7645-0-53221500-1437751310_thumb.jpg

post-7645-0-91099200-1437751326_thumb.jpg

My God Patrick, that is a tiny little boat mate and certainly with all the detail is testimony to both your skill and patience.

It really is a shame that it's going to get covered at some stage, unless of course you think of something like a removable cabin roof.

Always look forward to seeing more mate.

Be Good

mobbsie

mobbsie

Hi Mobbsie

Many thanks for your compliments! Greatly appreciated.

I agree with your comments about the visibility of the interior. The best I can come up with is an open deck (ie unplanked deck and cabin roof). At least that way, some of the interior can be seen from above, not to mention through the large cutouts in the hull as well. It's always a balancing act between what can be seen and not seen at this scale.

Have a great weekend!

Cheers

Patrick

"It's always a balancing act between what can be seen and not seen at this scale."

Very true, very true.

Bob

Every build is a learning experience.

Current build:  SS_ Mariefred

Completed builds:  US Coast Guard Pequot   Friendship-sloop,  Schooner Lettie-G.-Howard,   Spray,   Grand-Banks-dory

a gaff rigged yawl,  HOGA (YT-146),  Int'l Dragon Class II,   Two Edwardian Launches 

In the Gallery:   Catboat,   International-Dragon-Class,   Spray

Hi everyone

Many thanks for all of your Likes and comments. All greatly appreciated.

I've started on the galley and the forward bulkhead which leads to a small shower, toilet and fold down bunks for the crew (all of which are yet to be built once the galley is finished).

Anyhow, there's still lots of work to be done on the galley, but it's a start at least.

I hope you enjoy the photos.

Cheers

Patrick

post-7645-0-08095600-1438159578_thumb.jpg

post-7645-0-86224000-1438159590_thumb.jpg

post-7645-0-23396200-1438159602_thumb.jpg

post-7645-0-92254600-1438159613_thumb.jpg

post-7645-0-05622900-1438159626_thumb.jpg

Edited by Omega1234

Hi Patrick,

Superb as usual mate. Have you got plans for the interior or are you shooting from the hip, whatever it is mate it's working.

I see you have the starboard side out of the hull, you could place some clear poly in the hole to keep out the dust, this would also give a view of the interior.

Just a thought, you most likely have already got that in mind.

Keep it up mate.

Be Good

mobbsie

mobbsie

Very nice work, Patrick.

I was wondering about plans also.  I did a Google search to see if they were available, but I couldn't find any.  I did, however find another yacht named Symphony that might be interesting for your next build.

http://www.yachtcharterfleet.com/luxury-charter-yacht-29127/symphony.htm

That one would keep you busy for a while.   :P

Hi Mobbsie and Frank

Many thanks. The interior is based on an actual yacht named Signe, however, as I was never able to find the actual hull drawings, I made up my own hull, instead. So, it's a bit of a hybrid version of the real yacht, Signe, (ie my hull, but with Signe's interior). As a consequence, because it wasn't strictly the real Signe, I decided to rename the model to Symphony.

I hope I'm making sense. Anyway, here's what I'm using:

PS: Frank- your "Symphony" that you've posted, would, indeed, keep me off the streets. She'd be a whole lotta fun, for sure!

Cheers

Patrick

post-7645-0-90030100-1438181555_thumb.jpg

Edited by Omega1234

Very good scaling work Patrick,

awsome  looking "symphony"

can imagine that you could make some pretty (from interior view location) pics from all your mini models with an "keyhole Digit-camera"

Nils

Current builds

-Lightship Elbe 1

Completed

- Steamship Ergenstrasse ex Laker Corsicana 1918- scale 1:87 scratchbuild

"Zeesboot"  heritage wooden fishing small craft around 1870, POB  clinker scratch build scale 1:24

Pilot Schooner # 5 ELBE  ex Wanderbird, scale 1:50 scratchbuild

Mississippi Sterwheelsteamer built as christmapresent for grandson modified kit build

Chebec "Eagle of Algier" 1753--scale 1:48-POB-(scratchbuild) 

"SS Kaiser Wilhelm der Grosse" four stacker passenger liner of 1897, blue ribbond awarded, 1:144 (scratchbuild)
"HMS Pegasus" , 16 gun sloop, Swan-Class 1776-1777 scale 1:64 from Amati plan 

-"Pamir" 4-mast barque, P-liner, 1:96  (scratchbuild)

-"Gorch Fock 2" German Navy cadet training 3-mast barque, 1:95 (scratchbuild) 

"Heinrich Kayser" heritage Merchant Steamship, 1:96 (scratchbuild)  original was my grandfathers ship

-"Bohuslän" , heritage ,live Swedish museum passenger steamer (Billings kit), 1:50 

"Lorbas", river tug, steam driven for RC, fictive design (scratchbuild), scale appr. 1:32

under restoration / restoration finished 

"Hjejlen" steam paddlewheeler, 1861, Billings Boats rare old kit, scale 1:50