Just to say hello to you all from my trip to Devil's town

More photos and interesting local ancient stories follow this days

post-4738-0-48885900-1462082901_thumb.jpg

In progress:

CUTTY SARK - Tehnodidakta => scratch => Campbell plans

http://modelshipworld.com/index.php/topic/2501-cutty-sark-by-nenad-tehnodidakta-scratched-campbells-plans/page-1#entry64653

Content of log :

http://modelshipworld.com/index.php/topic/2501-cutty-sark-by-nenad-tehnodidakta-scratched-campbells-plans/page-62#entry217381

Past build:

Stella, Heller kit, plastic, Santa Maria, Tehnodidakta kit, wood, Jolly Roger Heller kit, plastic

Halo Nenad od kadsi poceo taj model da pravis? Pisemti srpski znam I druge jezike a  I ,üENGLESKI oni sto samo engleski govore lenjisu neki drugi jezik da uce ,u PANCEVO ima jedan jako dobar klub maketara akote interesuju potrazi kontak sa njima pozdrav Merchen (prevedeno legenda)

Halo Nenad od kadsi poceo taj model da pravis? Pisemti srpski znam I druge jezike a  I ,üENGLESKI oni sto samo engleski govore lenjisu neki drugi jezik da uce ,u PANCEVO ima jedan jako dobar klub maketara akote interesuju potrazi kontak sa njima pozdrav Merchen (prevedeno legenda)

Hello Ivan, and thanks for your interesting. It is a realy great honour that modeler as you is interested for my ... "work". Considering this is forum where english language is used, I answered you in a PM

Edited by Nenad

In progress:

http://modelshipworld.com/index.php/topic/2501-cutty-sark-by-nenad-tehnodidakta-scratched-campbells-plans/page-1#entry64653

Content of log :

http://modelshipworld.com/index.php/topic/2501-cutty-sark-by-nenad-tehnodidakta-scratched-campbells-plans/page-62#entry217381

Past build:

Stella, Heller kit, plastic, Santa Maria, Tehnodidakta kit, wood, Jolly Roger Heller kit, plastic

Ok, holiday trip is over, and I am slowly returning to my normal life-line. Trip to South Serbia was very interesting, and here is short report

DEVIL`S TOWN

Rare natural phenomenon. It consists of 202 stone figures that emerged long and patient work of nature. Devil's Town was the best-placed European candidate in its category, one of 77 candidates for the seven world wonders of nature, but even more important as the race was down to the last vote that ended in the summer of 2010.

According to local legend, it is the petrified wedding, where people on the orders of the devil, and decided to get married at all costs born brother and sister. To prevent this, God intervened, the force that they have been turned to stone and left to testify that no sin will go unpunished

post-4738-0-61749700-1462437141_thumb.jpg
post-4738-0-18606500-1462437156_thumb.jpg
post-4738-0-81775000-1462437176_thumb.jpg
post-4738-0-34147000-1462437192_thumb.jpg
post-4738-0-76091600-1462437334_thumb.jpg

Approach road is through "magic" forest, with trees which likes as they are just dropped from Harry Poter movie

post-4738-0-33884800-1462437678_thumb.jpg

On locality, there are several old medieval mines, and extremely acidic water springs of water. One of this springs is called Devil`s spring, with almost red water. When you touch spring, bubbles comes out, and legend says that you disturbe devil who is sleeping under ...

post-4738-0-38852700-1462437631_thumb.jpg
post-4738-0-81151000-1462437649_thumb.jpg

LAZARICA CHURCH in Prolom Spa Center near

Ancient legend: Preparing for historical battle on Kosovo Field 1389. year, A part of Serbian army gathered there to get Holy Communion. And as army goes around the church in ceremony, plum trees followed moving of army, and from that time, trees rise wired. Later, after Kosovo Battle, on plum trees appeared faces of Serbian king lazar who died in battle and his wife Milica. 

Nice legend, but considering photos, it seems that man helps a little

Just to mention that R.R.Martin is not first who operate with face-trees

post-4738-0-40115600-1462437735_thumb.jpg
post-4738-0-81709000-1462437754_thumb.jpg
post-4738-0-57122000-1462437771_thumb.jpg

KURSUMLIJA - MONASTERY AND BASILICA

Reconstructed monastery from XII century, one of the oldest and the first.

By legend, here is a grave of Serbian hero knight Milosh Obilich, who on Kosovo battle sneaked in Turkish army, approached to the Sultan`s tent, and killed Osmanli sultan Murat.

Considering meaning and importance of Obilic`s legend for Serbian people, and that I first time in my life heared for his grave here, I do not believe in this, but it is nice legend for tourists

post-4738-0-49609700-1462438390_thumb.jpg

Near town there are ruins of Byzantine basilica, poorly cigned and without any table with data ...... ?????

post-4738-0-23885400-1462438525_thumb.jpg

PROLOM BANJA

Little but famous spa center where we were stationed. Set in the forest canyon, beautiful nature, with well known mineral "Prolom water". Beautiful little church on a top of a rock, connected with spa with nice stone bridge over canyon

post-4738-0-03466700-1462438710_thumb.jpg
post-4738-0-77089000-1462438723_thumb.jpg

There is a lot more, but to write about all I have seen, just excess from theme of this forum

Sorry for a little bathering, but I think this is something valuable for share 

In progress:

Content of log :

Past build:

Beautiful, Nenad.  Thanks for posting them.  I'm with Carl... it's something I'd love to see in person.

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

Time to move on

Last detail for aft deck - bell. This bell does not exist in present stage, but it exist on C-plans, and I want it badly. ( "details overloading strategy")

Considering dimensions in scale is only 5x5 mm, after several attempts I concluded that I just can not make real bell 2mm dia, and decided to make something which will look as a bell from airplane

post-4738-0-00948900-1462649243_thumb.jpg

post-4738-0-23260400-1462649273_thumb.jpg

post-4738-0-53302600-1462649296_thumb.jpg

Frame is made from allmighty telephony Cu wire, and bell is drop of gold acrylic paint applied with toothpick top, dot by dot

So, last aft-deck detail is finished, and next move is to glue and fix aft-deck content on place with some corrections.

Then I'll move to main deck

Edited by Nenad

In progress:

Content of log :

Past build:

glad to see you had a great trip..........I love the history and lore.   too bad I'd probably never see it in my life time.........but I did get to see it......though you  :)

look at lamp chains ans pull cords.........there you may see a better resemblance of a bell.   not that I don't like what you've done,  but I think it lacks the shape.   gonna look great to see all these sub assemblies together on the deck  :)

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller
Phylly C & Denny-Zen - the Lobsie twins - bashed & semi scratch dual build

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Billing's Gothenborg 1:100 / Billing's Boulogne Etaples 1:20
Billing's Half Moon 1:40 - some scratch required
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400
Trawler Syborn - semi scratch / Holiday Harbor dual build - semi scratch

Thanks for the very interesting travel log Nenad, beautiful country.  

Great attempt at the ship's bell and at that scale it would be very difficult making it look more like a bell.  Once it's mounted we'll get the idea.  Keep going my friend, I admire your tenacity.

Cheers,

Piet, The Flying Dutchman.

"Your greatest asset is not the quantity of your friends , rather the quality of your friends."  (old Chinese proverb)

Current Builds: Hr. Ms. Java 1925-1942

VOC Ship Surabaya

Planned Builds: Young America Diorama - scale 1:3000

Future Builds: KPM ship "MS Musi."  Zuiderzee Botter - scale 1:25. VOC Jacht in a 6" lamp,  Buginese fishing Prauw.  Hr. Ms. Java - Royal Navy Netherlands Cruiser.

Completed Builds:   Hr. Ms. O16 Submarine

Hr. Ms. O19 - Submarine Royal Navy Netherlands

Ship Yard Diorama with Topsail schooner -

Friendship Sloop Gwenfra

Muscongus Bay Lobster Smack    

Golden Hind - Cutte Sark (both not in this forum)

glad to see you had a great trip..........I love the history and lore.   too bad I'd probably never see it in my life time.........but I did get to see it......though you   :)

look at lamp chains ans pull cords.........there you may see a better resemblance of a bell.   not that I don't like what you've done,  but I think it lacks the shape.   gonna look great to see all these sub assemblies together on the deck   :)

Life is to short, Denis, and this planet is too big to see everything we want. Probably I`ll never see Grand Canyon, Monument Valley, Niagara Falls, and thousand nice places over the ocean.

Generally I agree with you about chains etc... but just could not find appropriate piece. let it be as it is, maybe I`ll find better solution later

Thanks for the very interesting travel log Nenad, beautiful country.  

Great attempt at the ship's bell and at that scale it would be very difficult making it look more like a bell.  Once it's mounted we'll get the idea.  Keep going my friend, I admire your tenacity.

Cheers,

Thanks for nice words, Piet. Those days I was occupied with another usual and no-usual stuff, family meetings, spending time with kids ... so I was not at workshop. Today Hothead go back to Novi Sad, and I hope to return in my regular path

cool progress and details, go on Nenad

cheers :cheers:

Hello, Pavel, it was a long time I didn`t see you here. Also in your logs. It is great that you returned to us. 

In progress:

Content of log :

Past build:

Huh, almost to forget chimney !!!

post-4738-0-63593400-1462994676_thumb.jpg

And finaly, all content of after deck ready for mounting

post-4738-0-62595500-1462994763_thumb.jpg

A lot, when you put them together.

Some color corrections, and mounting can start

Edited by Nenad

In progress:

Content of log :

Past build:

That's a big milestone, Nenad.  The pieces look great.  Can't wait to see them in place.

Mark

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

That's a big milestone, Nenad.  The pieces look great.  Can't wait to see them in place.

So do I Mark, but there is one thing called "social life" which spoiled my plans ... 

Well, the deck furnishings ... momentous ... look forward to how you will arrange them for a nice and cosy area  ;)

There is no exactly idea how to arrange them, considering C-plans and present stage are a bit different, and I made some details which are not present now, also made some details which are not presented in C-plans. Something between it will be ... a pair of dry tests will show the way

In progress:

Content of log :

Past build:

you'll do just fine.........I'm sure of it  ;)   well done Nenad  :)

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller
Phylly C & Denny-Zen - the Lobsie twins - bashed & semi scratch dual build

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Billing's Gothenborg 1:100 / Billing's Boulogne Etaples 1:20
Billing's Half Moon 1:40 - some scratch required
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400
Trawler Syborn - semi scratch / Holiday Harbor dual build - semi scratch

Thanks Denis

In mean time, HotHead go back to Novi Sad, Princess today started her four-day lasting trip to Zagreb, Croatia, and I`ll be alone at weekend and couple of days. Today is Friday, last working day, not much office job at 14h, and, waiting for evening to come when is my usual model time, I started with preparing to attack main deck.

First step is to locate and identify all main deck contents on C-plans, and huge research job - to review and analyze all available photos from my collection ( about 700 photos, among them 245 photos of main deck).

I returned to my old helping friend, Adobe Illustrator, make new file with "paper" size 500x500 mm, copied in 1:1 scale crops of main deck from pdf CS plans sheet I have, and joined them in first layer as transparent background, and started drawing sketch of main deck and existing content in second layer. locked this two layers, and opened a new layer for each part I identify. This method will help me not to forget something, similar as I have done preparing for front and aft deck

Notice: Applying this method with drawing masks over original drawings, and moving masks around, even when mirror them for another side of ship ( e.g. rails with dead-eyes) I noticed that Campbell drawings are not 100% symmetrical and consistent, and this can be warning point for those modelers who build strictly to C-plans. For my purpose, I trimmed layers just to represent as closely as possible main deck space

For now, I noticed on C-plans many nice details to be added which are not presented on Her today ( e.g stunt sail yards, Spare Hermaphrodite Spars, Topsail yard ... ), also get inspiration from some old photos (some chains lay on deck, etc)

Here is beginning

post-4738-0-58186800-1463140710_thumb.jpg

Precise positioning of the individual parts and the analysis of their appearance and structure follows later, when the time comes to make each individual of them

So, work will continue on two synchronous fields:

• In shipyard
    • mounting aft-deck content
    • followed with cleaning of main deck
    • and after that installation of side dead eyes and pins.
  • in office on PC - as parallel process - completing sketch of main deck.
Edited by Nenad

In progress:

Content of log :

Past build:

Lego game finished. Aft-deck content on place

Price for unexperience payed. This time I forgot to take care about latitudinal deck sloop, which I was very proud when I succeded to make. So, I had to do some gymnastic and cheating, to try to hide little gasps that apeared. Lesson learned. For next build. There will be a lot over to mask this 0,5 mm wide gasps

All in all, not bad, I am satisfied with results

post-4738-0-80014700-1463160456_thumb.jpg

post-4738-0-85979800-1463160481_thumb.jpg

post-4738-0-30439500-1463160508_thumb.jpg

post-4738-0-14521300-1463160538_thumb.jpg

Let's go to main deck!

Edited by Nenad

In progress:

Content of log :

Past build:

You are right, Carl, what was I thinking about?

Here is right posituon on next photo - look at left down corner

post-4738-0-80097100-1463170681.jpg

Steersman was primary target :D

Edited by Nenad

In progress:

Content of log :

Past build:

The rear deck looks great, Nenad.   As for the cannon... I would hope the crew would move it from where it's store to where it would be used.

Mark

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:

I`ll turn it to right direction, and maybe add some rope ... if I could produce enough thin one

Edited by Nenad

In progress:

Content of log :

Past build:

You are going to blast the captains skylight !?!?!?!?

Maybe the captain was a bada...... :)

Hi Nenad

Good job done, at this scale I would break my fingers to place that all!

Regards

Gerhard

Problems just mean: solutions not yet found

Models in progress

SMS DANZIG

http://modelshipworld.com/index.php/topic/12842-sms-danzig-1851-by-gerhardvienna-radio-150-scale/

USS CAIRO

http://modelshipworld.com/index.php/topic/13282-uss-cairo-by-gerhardvienna-live-steam-radio/

Baby Bootlegger 1/10

http://modelshipworld.com/index.php/topic/13625-baby-bootlegger-110-radio-by-gerhardvienna/

Swiss paddlesteamer RIGI 1848 1:50, after plans from the Verkehrshaus Zürich, rescaled to original length

Anchor tugboat BISON, 1:50, plans from VTH, scratch

Finished models

See-Ewer ELBE, Constructo kit 1:48

German fastboat after plans from german Reichskriegsmarine measure unknown (too ugly to show up!)

German traffic boat for battleships WW2, 1:50, after plans from Jürgen Eichardt, scratch

German Schnellboot TIGER P6141 VTH plans, scratch

Hey Nenad

Wow! The rear deck's really looking great!

Well done.

Cheers

Patrick

Thank you Patrick for nice words and encouragement 

Maybe the captain was a bada...... :)

Hi Nenad

Good job done, at this scale I would break my fingers to place that all!

Regards

Gerhard

Hey Gerhard, one of the Caps was a  bada ... it is interesting to read a history of this ship

My fingers are still attached, not breaked. But it was pretty crowded during pulling down steer-box in this tight space

Edited by Nenad

In progress:

Content of log :

Past build:

Playing with AI continues ...

post-4738-0-68153200-1463340092_thumb.jpg

Edited by Nenad

In progress:

Content of log :

Past build:

Hi Nenad

I`ve never seen this program you are working with!

Do you have a link to them, seems to be interesting for me too! Thank you....

Regards

Gerhard

Problems just mean: solutions not yet found

Models in progress

SMS DANZIG

http://modelshipworld.com/index.php/topic/12842-sms-danzig-1851-by-gerhardvienna-radio-150-scale/

USS CAIRO

http://modelshipworld.com/index.php/topic/13282-uss-cairo-by-gerhardvienna-live-steam-radio/

Baby Bootlegger 1/10

http://modelshipworld.com/index.php/topic/13625-baby-bootlegger-110-radio-by-gerhardvienna/

Swiss paddlesteamer RIGI 1848 1:50, after plans from the Verkehrshaus Zürich, rescaled to original length

Anchor tugboat BISON, 1:50, plans from VTH, scratch

Finished models

See-Ewer ELBE, Constructo kit 1:48

German fastboat after plans from german Reichskriegsmarine measure unknown (too ugly to show up!)

German traffic boat for battleships WW2, 1:50, after plans from Jürgen Eichardt, scratch

German Schnellboot TIGER P6141 VTH plans, scratch

Gerhard, I use Illustrator, regular program from Adobe family.

Same results you can get with Corel, CAD or any other drawing program in which you can put pdf jpg bmp etc etc raster image in one layer, and draw and edit vector drawings over - in another layers

Long ago I found on internet ... hmmm... scaned C-plans, pretty blured, saved as *.pdf files, imported them to Adobe acrobat, enlarged them to my scale, and have got more blur and distorsion...

So, I am, on some way, forced to make my own working drawings

Edited by Nenad

In progress:

Content of log :

Past build:

Thanks, Peter.

Rigging deadeyes WILL be ... hmm... interesting? Painful? Headache? Challenge?

I can see my destiny even now ... deadeyes 3 and 4 mm dia...

Micro works I have done, seems to be a good training for devil's rigging waiting in furure

Edited by Nenad

In progress:

Content of log :

Past build: