Majellan by Omega1234 - Luxury 37 metre Motor Yacht - 1/200 Miniature 7 inches approx - Finished

Bathrooms only forr'ard ... !?!?!?

Soon you won't be able to move you bum around. Should be fun in high seas all those accoutrements ... a few additional lockers/closets should be in order ... If I think off anything else to add, I'll let you know mate ;)

Cheers

Hi Carl - I agree!  You wouldn't want to be claustrophobic, would you?  I reckon the owner's suite on the Main Deck would be the pick of the bunch.  

Hi Patrick,

Amazing detail !!!!   Looking forward to more. With your ability at detail I fully expect when you get the bathrooms done I will be able to hear the flush from here... ;)

Keep up the good work Mate,  Keith

Hi Keith - Thanks for dropping by.  Speaking of flushing...years ago, my Dad made a 48 inch radio controlled luxury cruiser which did indeed have a flushing toilet in it! Tricky stuff, it was...but it actually flushed and refilled whilst the model was underway.  I still marvel when I think about how he did it.

Just found a bit of wi fi on my vacation to check things out and my god Patrick! You should be very proud, this is such an unusual and beautiful model! Lovely work and a great journey.

Hi Vaddoc - great to hear from you and thanks for your compliments!  Majellan's journey has been long, but fun, so far.  I hope you enjoy the rest of your holiday.  All the best

I finally caught up to this one Patrick. Thanks for the link. Simply amazing as usual. This will inspire me to see what kind of detail I can put on my Preussen SIB at the scale I am working on. Good to see your getting lots of modelling time in  :D

Bravo ... Jeff

Hi Jeff - thanks for your compliments.  I have been wondering about how you were going with your Preussen, but I understand that your family circumstances are more important at this stage. Hopefully, things will settle down, thereby allowing you to work on her again.

Patrick,

Found something lacking ... Where can I stow my gear, servants quarters ... ;)

Hi Carl - Yeah, you're probably right about the lack of storage space.  But, hey, I put the blame squarely on the designer...not me!   Well....that's my excuse, anyway ;)  ;)  ;) .  Have a good one!

All the best everyone!  Thanks, also to everyone for their Likes as well.

Cheers

Patrick

Totally outrageous!!!!  and then questioning your skill level???  Horse pucky my friend, the scale you are working with and then making all the details look as if they are life size is insane.  You'll do okay with the bathrooms too, just make them large enough to comfortably work on them and then treat them with Preparation H, they'll shrink to fit  ;) 

Cheers, 

Piet, The Flying Dutchman.

"Your greatest asset is not the quantity of your friends , rather the quality of your friends."  (old Chinese proverb)

Current Builds: Hr. Ms. Java 1925-1942

VOC Ship Surabaya

Planned Builds: Young America Diorama - scale 1:3000

Future Builds: KPM ship "MS Musi."  Zuiderzee Botter - scale 1:25. VOC Jacht in a 6" lamp,  Buginese fishing Prauw.  Hr. Ms. Java - Royal Navy Netherlands Cruiser.

Completed Builds:   Hr. Ms. O16 Submarine

Hr. Ms. O19 - Submarine Royal Navy Netherlands

Ship Yard Diorama with Topsail schooner -

Friendship Sloop Gwenfra

Muscongus Bay Lobster Smack    

Golden Hind - Cutte Sark (both not in this forum)

Totally outrageous!!!!  and then questioning your skill level???  Horse pucky my friend, the scale you are working with and then making all the details look as if they are life size is insane.  You'll do okay with the bathrooms too, just make them large enough to comfortably work on them and then treat them with Preparation H, they'll shrink to fit  ;)

Cheers, 

Thanks Piet!!!!

Mmmmm...Preparation H, you say!  Well, I never!  Come to think of it...it may just work!!! :D  :D  :D

Have a great weekend.

Cheers

Patrick

G'day Patrick

Just finished catching up. Bloody marvelous mate and if you put any more details in, it will blow my mind and many more.

Btw could this be your wife and mother?

havagoodweekend me Mattie.

Gregpost-16911-0-04334300-1469832803_thumb.jpg

"Nothing is impossible, it's only what limitations that you put on yourself make it seems impossible! "

Current log : The Royal Yacht Royal Caroline 1749 1:32 by Greg Ashwood:...

G'day Patrick

Just finished catching up. Bloody marvelous mate and if you put any more details in, it will blow my mind and many more.

Btw could this be your wife and mother?

havagoodweekend me Mattie.

Gregattachicon.gifpost-7645-0-94689400-1469197267.jpg

Hi Greg

Thanks for your compliments and I hope all's well with you!

As for the 'mother and daughter' mural, nah! You wouldn't believe where I got the photo from, though.

Being a fellow Aussie, you'd know all about the Coles Supermarket Specials magazine (for our international folks, Coles is Australia's largest supermarket chain) that lands in our mailboxes each week. I was thumbing through it and found the photo. It was on the label of one of their advertised products. 'Bargain', I said, as I promptly cut it out. BTW, the other murals came from the same magazine as well.

Moral of the story? Always read the Coles Specials! You never know what you'll find! LOL.

Cheers

Patrick

Edited by Omega1234

HI folks!

Thanks for all of your Likes and comments, all of which are greatly appreciated!

Majellan's latest update includes further work on her bathrooms up forward of the ship.  In case you can't make them out in the photos, the bathrooms have red walls with clear plastic shower screens.  The shower screen doors have been left slightly ajar, because, you know, the crew's gotta shower, right? :)  :)  :) 

I hope you enjoy the photos!

Cheers and all the best

Patrick  

post-7645-0-82798600-1469887745_thumb.jpg

post-7645-0-66192400-1469887753_thumb.jpg

post-7645-0-96702200-1469887760_thumb.jpg

post-7645-0-50335000-1469887768_thumb.jpg

post-7645-0-81577600-1469887776_thumb.jpg

post-7645-0-36637100-1469887784_thumb.jpg

post-7645-0-35323200-1469887794_thumb.jpg

post-7645-0-78849700-1469887801_thumb.jpg

post-7645-0-19518600-1469887851_thumb.jpg

post-7645-0-23389800-1469887861_thumb.jpg

post-7645-0-65383100-1469887870_thumb.jpg

post-7645-0-20440000-1469887878_thumb.jpg

post-7645-0-07972000-1469887886_thumb.jpg

post-7645-0-52266900-1469887895_thumb.jpg

post-7645-0-63926400-1469887903_thumb.jpg

post-7645-0-47228600-1469887911_thumb.jpg

Hi Patrick - your work is always amazing.  I like the photos with the individual decks and components separated - it shows the amount of planning that needed to be done.

Thanks Frank

I gotta agree with your comment about the decks being separated and the amount of planning that had to go into doing them. I can't tell you how much head scratching I had to do at the beginning of Majellan's construction. Thankfully, it all worked out. The mistakes that I've learned will put me in good stead for the next model.

I hope your weekend's going ok.

Cheers and thanks

Patrick

And all of it in less than a year.  WOW !

Bob

Every build is a learning experience.

Current build:  SS_ Mariefred

Completed builds:  US Coast Guard Pequot   Friendship-sloop,  Schooner Lettie-G.-Howard,   Spray,   Grand-Banks-dory

a gaff rigged yawl,  HOGA (YT-146),  Int'l Dragon Class II,   Two Edwardian Launches 

In the Gallery:   Catboat,   International-Dragon-Class,   Spray

Hi Bob

Thanks. Less than 12 months? Funnily enough, I was actually thinking the same thing the other day.

I guess that's the beauty of this hobby. We just get totally immersed in our creations, that time just flies by.

Have a great week!

Cheers

Patrick

Mistakes? What mistakes? I can't find any.

I also agree with Frank, the spread out photos are amazing and IT DOES SHOW how hard you thought about it.

Havagreatsundee mate

Greg

"Nothing is impossible, it's only what limitations that you put on yourself make it seems impossible! "

Current log : The Royal Yacht Royal Caroline 1749 1:32 by Greg Ashwood:...

Mistakes? What mistakes? I can't find any.

I also agree with Frank, the spread out photos are amazing and IT DOES SHOW how hard you thought about it.

Havagreatsundee mate

Greg

Thanks Greg

I guess that apart from the normal mistakes that we all make along the way, I'm referring more to mistakes made in the building sequence. For example, making sure all the decks line up properly, thereby ensuring that the staircases all fit as designed, etc. Another lesson learned is ensuring the decks are exactly the correct height, otherwise the whole superstructure can look too high (as was the case in the earlier construction phases). I spent a lot of time trying to fix that, let me tell ya! Almost made me cry a few times :(

Oh well. We can't improve, if we don't make mistakes.

Have a great weekend.

Cheers

Patrick

Edited by Omega1234

Looking beautiful Patrick. I'll soon be fitting out my model and I wish I had half your ability to make it come alive!

Hi Glenn

Many thanks, but, trust me when I say that I've got miles to go before I can do what you do. I just love your work!

Cheers and thanks

Patrick

Edited by Omega1234

Utterly amazing Patrick, utterly amazing.  I called Gwen in to take a look see and all she did was shake her head.  Well, I had to help her lift her jaw from the floor though.  Do I see a glass door in one of the bathroom shower stalls?

I agree with the general consensus about the one pick with the boat all in its individual parts.  I doubt very much that there is another model of the Majellan like this one in the entire world.

Cheers,

"Your greatest asset is not the quantity of your friends , rather the quality of your friends."  (old Chinese proverb)

VOC Ship Surabaya

Future Builds: KPM ship "MS Musi."  Zuiderzee Botter - scale 1:25. VOC Jacht in a 6" lamp,  Buginese fishing Prauw.  Hr. Ms. Java - Royal Navy Netherlands Cruiser.

Friendship Sloop Gwenfra

HI Piet

Thanks heaps for your comments and I apologise for knocking Gwen's jaw out of alignment! :)  :)  :)

You're probably right about this being the only model of its type. I must admit to being pretty chuffed about how she's turned out.  And to think that I almost gave up early on...but, I'm glad that I persevered and kept going.

As for the shower stalls, well, yes.  They both have clear plastic shower screens, whose doors are left slightly ajar.

I'm glad you like her!

Cheers and all the best!

Patrick

I'm glad you like her!

Patrick

How could anyone not like her.  She is truly remarkable.

Bob

Every build is a learning experience.

Current build:  SS_ Mariefred

Completed builds:  US Coast Guard Pequot   Friendship-sloop,  Schooner Lettie-G.-Howard,   Spray,   Grand-Banks-dory

a gaff rigged yawl,  HOGA (YT-146),  Int'l Dragon Class II,   Two Edwardian Launches 

In the Gallery:   Catboat,   International-Dragon-Class,   Spray

Hi everyone

Thanks for all of your Likes and comments - greatly appreciated!

I've taken a short break from the Lower Deck's accommodation to focus on finishing off the ship's Bridge (located on the Bridge Deck, of course!).  Principally, I've added a couple of cabinets and other assorted items to give the bridge some degree of credibility.  I've also made the all important "Skipper's Chair", which can be seen in a few of the photos.

Lastly, located just aft of the bridge itself, on the starboard side, is a small washroom with a toilet in it.  I've started fit this out as well.  All that's required to be added is the toilet bowl itself. Later folks, later...

I hope you like these photos.

Cheers

Patrick

post-7645-0-31640900-1470229219_thumb.jpg

post-7645-0-58602000-1470229225_thumb.jpg

post-7645-0-50714400-1470229231_thumb.jpg

post-7645-0-96798200-1470229238_thumb.jpg

post-7645-0-92834300-1470229244_thumb.jpg

post-7645-0-86448500-1470229249_thumb.jpg

post-7645-0-37594200-1470229277_thumb.jpg

post-7645-0-57731100-1470229282_thumb.jpg

post-7645-0-03591700-1470229289_thumb.jpg

post-7645-0-26832100-1470229294_thumb.jpg

post-7645-0-59536000-1470229300_thumb.jpg

Edited by Omega1234

Love the captain's chair! Is that just little bits of polystyrene or something?

~ Ben

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

Current Builds:

'Doll-Boat' - 1:12 scale 40' Cruising Sailboat

S.S. Edmund Fitzgerald - 1:350 plastic kit w/ Photo Etch Parts (On Hold)

And a captain's chair too!!!  And it swivels?  Incredible!  Where is that giant grain of rice Patrick, they don't have it in Oz?  ;)

Cheers,

VOC Ship Surabaya

Friendship Sloop Gwenfra