Majellan by Omega1234 - Luxury 37 metre Motor Yacht - 1/200 Miniature 7 inches approx - Finished

Hi folks!

Well......my mama always said to share. So, here I am sharing some more photos of Majellan's exterior.

Most notable are the test fittings of three of the four umbrellas. The fourth umbrella is lying off to one side whilst its glue dries.

I also reckon that the small area of deck directly in front of the Bridge's windows looked a bit bare. To address this, I'm toying with the idea of placing a small arm chair, along with a table for the odd guest, or two, to enjoy a sip of their cocktails whilst Majellan's underway. You can just make out the table and chair in some of the photos.

By the way, the third last photo is my absolute favourite, so far. Why? I dunno. I just reckon it is, that's all.

Thanks for all of your comments and Likes, as well.

Cheers and all the best!

Patrick

post-7645-0-96949500-1469019507_thumb.jpg

post-7645-0-51781300-1469019513_thumb.jpg

post-7645-0-55791600-1469019518_thumb.jpg

post-7645-0-67820700-1469019523_thumb.jpg

post-7645-0-29863800-1469019529_thumb.jpg

post-7645-0-44835200-1469019534_thumb.jpg

post-7645-0-91847200-1469019539_thumb.jpg

post-7645-0-13847700-1469019545_thumb.jpg

post-7645-0-21062500-1469019551_thumb.jpg

post-7645-0-40602800-1469019617_thumb.jpg

post-7645-0-79279600-1469019622_thumb.jpg

post-7645-0-06434900-1469019632_thumb.jpg

post-7645-0-51780100-1469019637_thumb.jpg

post-7645-0-61195800-1469019643_thumb.jpg

post-7645-0-26699100-1469019650_thumb.jpg

post-7645-0-70806800-1469019655_thumb.jpg

Edited by Omega1234

Hi Patrick - it takes a lot of photos to show all the incredible detail.  The finish looks great.  

How do you display your models once they're done?  It almost seems like this one should be on a constantly rotating base.

Hi Patrick - it takes a lot of photos to show all the incredible detail.  The finish looks great.  

How do you display your models once they're done?  It almost seems like this one should be on a constantly rotating base.

Thanks Frank

I actually hadn't thought about a rotating base, but that doesn't sound like too bad an idea. With respect to the rest of my models, I store them in a multi-shelved glass cabinet in our family-room, for all to see. It's not a bad solution, because it keeps the dust out quite effectively, whilst still allowing people to view them.

Cheers and all the best.

Patrick

as long as you keep it under 33 1/3 ;)  :D      very nice....I like third and second from the last,  myself.   really shows the size of the model.   I'll bet your finding this to be the hardest time........do a little here.......then do a little there............and perhaps I should add.......    the moment you put down the x-actor for the last time,  and you say those two last words {it's finished}......well,  it should be too bad,  with all the models you've finished.   cripe,  I remember when I finished my first wooden ship.........felt like I lost my best friend :(    the only thing that cheered me up,  was to get another kit!  :)  yippie! :)

it's coming my friend,  there's no denying

there will be laughing,  there will be crying

but then you'll put 'er on the shelf

then you can truly be proud of yourself

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller
Phylly C & Denny-Zen - the Lobsie twins - bashed & semi scratch dual build

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Billing's Gothenborg 1:100 / Billing's Boulogne Etaples 1:20
Billing's Half Moon 1:40 - some scratch required
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400
Trawler Syborn - semi scratch / Holiday Harbor dual build - semi scratch

It's a pity the owner of the real ship can't see this, or hasn't seen this....   Most impressive, Patrick.

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

Fantastic looking model Patrick.  Most impressive detail.

Cheers,

Piet, The Flying Dutchman.

"Your greatest asset is not the quantity of your friends , rather the quality of your friends."  (old Chinese proverb)

Current Builds: Hr. Ms. Java 1925-1942

VOC Ship Surabaya

Planned Builds: Young America Diorama - scale 1:3000

Future Builds: KPM ship "MS Musi."  Zuiderzee Botter - scale 1:25. VOC Jacht in a 6" lamp,  Buginese fishing Prauw.  Hr. Ms. Java - Royal Navy Netherlands Cruiser.

Completed Builds:   Hr. Ms. O16 Submarine

Hr. Ms. O19 - Submarine Royal Navy Netherlands

Ship Yard Diorama with Topsail schooner -

Friendship Sloop Gwenfra

Muscongus Bay Lobster Smack    

Golden Hind - Cutte Sark (both not in this forum)

Fantastic looking model Patrick.  Most impressive detail.

Cheers,

Thanks Piet!  I love trying to push myself to see how much detail can be added at this scale.  Not always easy (particularly with my skill level, but, it lots of fun trying)!

Have a good'un!

Cheers

Patrick

It's a pity the owner of the real ship can't see this, or hasn't seen this....   Most impressive, Patrick.

Hi Mark

Now there's a thought!  Interestingly, there's apparently a fleet of these ships in reality.  All of them vary slightly from one another, dependent upon the owner's particular whim and fancy.  In building Majellan, I've taken various ideas from each of these sister ships and combined them into the model, itself.  

I'm glad you like it, even if she's a bit of a hybrid...!

Cheers

Patrick

as long as you keep it under 33 1/3 ;):D very nice....I like third and second from the last, myself. really shows the size of the model. I'll bet your finding this to be the hardest time........do a little here.......then do a little there............and perhaps I should add....... the moment you put down the x-actor for the last time, and you say those two last words {it's finished}......well, it should be too bad, with all the models you've finished. cripe, I remember when I finished my first wooden ship.........felt like I lost my best friend :( the only thing that cheered me up, was to get another kit! :) yippie! :)

it's coming my friend, there's no denying

there will be laughing, there will be crying

but then you'll put 'er on the shelf

then you can truly be proud of yourself

OMG Denis!!!!!

I've read, and re-read your post above, a number of times today and BANG, it's like you're sitting in my head reading my thoughts!!!! Why? Because that's exactly what I've been thinking lately. Even though the lower deck does require a lot of work, I have been thinking exactly what you said - a little tweak here and there, an addition or two etc. To make matters worse, I've been putting off the lower deck work, preferring to fiddle above decks, for some reason. So, to read your post was kinda spooky.

What's more, I totally get what you're saying in the poem! Really nice and yep, I will be pretty chuffed when Majellan's finished, that's for sure.

Thanks and all the best!

Patrick

Edited by Omega1234

She looks better all the time.  Please finish her I've run out of words of praise.

Bob

Every build is a learning experience.

Current build:  SS_ Mariefred

Completed builds:  US Coast Guard Pequot   Friendship-sloop,  Schooner Lettie-G.-Howard,   Spray,   Grand-Banks-dory

a gaff rigged yawl,  HOGA (YT-146),  Int'l Dragon Class II,   Two Edwardian Launches 

In the Gallery:   Catboat,   International-Dragon-Class,   Spray

Hi everyone

Thanks for all of your Likes and comments - Bob, yours especially!  I'm getting there, I swear!!!

Well, I've finally returned to working on (lots more of work still to go, of course) the internal fit-out of the Lower Deck.  In particular, I've added more doors, cupboards and panelling to the internal cabins.  I've also added a 'bit of life' to the walls and bulkheads by hanging various pictures and pieces of modern art (ok - use your imagination here!)...this is a modern luxury cruiser, of course.

I hope you like where the internal decoration is heading!

Cheers and have a great weekend, folks.

Cheers

Patrick

post-7645-0-02572200-1469197255_thumb.jpg

post-7645-0-55404600-1469197261_thumb.jpg

post-7645-0-94689400-1469197267_thumb.jpg

post-7645-0-21640300-1469197274_thumb.jpg

post-7645-0-14431200-1469197331_thumb.jpg

post-7645-0-50203700-1469197337_thumb.jpg

post-7645-0-77521300-1469197343_thumb.jpg

Patrick, I love the giant wall murals.  The two ladies, the mother and baby and the flowers,  Fantastic!

Bob

Completed builds:  US Coast Guard Pequot   Friendship-sloop,  Schooner Lettie-G.-Howard,   Spray,   Grand-Banks-dory

a gaff rigged yawl,  HOGA (YT-146),  Int'l Dragon Class II,   Two Edwardian Launches 

Looking Good Patrick!

I'm glad to see her coming together!! Glad you got your accident all sorted out, and are moving forward full speed ahead. 

Can't wait to see it all come together.

~ Ben

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

Current Builds:

'Doll-Boat' - 1:12 scale 40' Cruising Sailboat

S.S. Edmund Fitzgerald - 1:350 plastic kit w/ Photo Etch Parts (On Hold)

Hi Ben

It's great to hear from you and thanks for your compliments. Congratulations also, on becoming a registered naval engineer!

I'm happy that you like Majellan, especially seeing as you were so influential in the initial shaping of her hull. Not long to go now; apart from lots of tiny fiddly stuff.

I'll be sad to finish her, though. She is, (the full sized boat) after all, a beautiful boat, indeed.

Cheers

Patrick

Edited by Omega1234

Great progress Patrick! She has really grown since her fall!

-Elijah

Current build(s):

Continental Gunboat Philadelphia by Model Shipways

https://modelshipworld.com/index.php?/topic/15753-continental-gunboat-philadelphia-by-elijah-model-shipways-124-scale/

Completed build(s):

Model Shipways Phantom

http://modelshipworld.com/index.php?showtopic=12376

Member of:

The Nautical Research Guild

N.R.M.S.S. (Nautical Research and Model Ship Society)

Hi Elijah

Many thanks!  It's great to hear from you and thank you for all your Likes and for following Majellan's journey.

I really like what you're doing with your Pilot Launch in the Kit Build Forum.  She's a beauty for sure!  Keep up the great work.

All the best.

Cheers

Patrick 

Hi folks

Just a quick update for you.  The internal fit-out of the lower deck continues.  Last night, I added the mattresses and pillow-cases in the cabins, as well as another couple of cupboards in the two forward cabins.

Also, as I don't think I'd shown you guys before: A few weeks ago I added table mats to the round outdoor table situated on the Bridge Deck.  You can just see it in one of the photos.

I hope you enjoy the photos!

All the best.

Cheers

Patrick

post-7645-0-82391500-1469510971_thumb.jpg

post-7645-0-13706500-1469510981_thumb.jpg

post-7645-0-70660700-1469510994_thumb.jpg

post-7645-0-37647800-1469511004_thumb.jpg

post-7645-0-09652700-1469511019_thumb.jpg

post-7645-0-32995900-1469511028_thumb.jpg

Edited by Omega1234

Nice job! The detail in there really boggles the mind :o.

-Elijah

Current build(s):

Continental Gunboat Philadelphia by Model Shipways

https://modelshipworld.com/index.php?/topic/15753-continental-gunboat-philadelphia-by-elijah-model-shipways-124-scale/

Completed build(s):

Model Shipways Phantom

http://modelshipworld.com/index.php?showtopic=12376

Member of:

The Nautical Research Guild

N.R.M.S.S. (Nautical Research and Model Ship Society)

And you keep adding more detail . . . and more . . . and more . . . and

Bob

and your doubting your skill level?!?!?!   baloney!   awesome detail you've got in there!   loss of detail vs scale really doesn't apply here.........I guess you've shot that theory down.....in FLAMES!   table and chairs look great..........I do notice that one of the chairs is backwards.   is that a 'missing man' sort of thing?

love the murals too.........adding bits like that can add so much more depth to a build.......A+++  ;)

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller
Phylly C & Denny-Zen - the Lobsie twins - bashed & semi scratch dual build

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Billing's Gothenborg 1:100 / Billing's Boulogne Etaples 1:20
Billing's Half Moon 1:40 - some scratch required
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400
Trawler Syborn - semi scratch / Holiday Harbor dual build - semi scratch

And you keep adding more detail . . . and more . . . and more . . . and

Bob

Thanks Bob!

Details? What details??? Just joking, of course!

Stay tuned, because now I'm working on the bathrooms at the forward part of the Lower Deck. Teeny tiny, but still challenging to see how I'm going to be able to do them convincingly.

Have a great day!

Cheers

Patrick

and your doubting your skill level?!?!?! baloney! awesome detail you've got in there! loss of detail vs scale really doesn't apply here.........I guess you've shot that theory down.....in FLAMES! table and chairs look great..........I do notice that one of the chairs is backwards. is that a 'missing man' sort of thing?

love the murals too.........adding bits like that can add so much more depth to a build.......A+++ ;)

Hi Denis

Thanks for your comments. I must admit that I'm really surprised at just how well the murals came out - better than I ever thought they would.

Also, the 'missing man' analogy is a nice one, but sadly, it wasn't the case here. The reason for it was to create the impression of the guests just getting up from the table without pushing their chairs back. I reckon it gives a more realistic look to the deck.

Have a good'un!

Cheers

Patrick

Bathrooms only forr'ard ... !?!?!?

Soon you won't be able to move you bum around. Should be fun in high seas all those accoutrements ... a few additional lockers/closets should be in order ... If I think off anything else to add, I'll let you know mate ;)

Cheers

Carl

"Desperate affairs require desperate measures." Lord Nelson
Search and you might find a log ...

Hi Patrick,

Amazing detail !!!!   Looking forward to more. With your ability at detail I fully expect when you get the bathrooms done I will be able to hear the flush from here... ;)

Keep up the good work Mate,  Keith

Current build:

A Battleship

Past builds:

The Unicorn - The Lindworm - Malahini -  Shinobi Maru  -  The MaryJane - The Weeligstraal

Just found a bit of wi fi on my vacation to check things out and my god Patrick! You should be very proud, this is such an unusual and beautiful model! Lovely work and a great journey.

I finally caught up to this one Patrick. Thanks for the link. Simply amazing as usual. This will inspire me to see what kind of detail I can put on my Preussen SIB at the scale I am working on. Good to see your getting lots of modelling time in  :D

Bravo ... Jeff

A mighty fortress is our God a bulwark never failing!