Majellan by Omega1234 - FINISHED - 1/200 - Luxury 37 m Motor Yacht - Miniature

Looks very good Patrick! I like the shiny paint in that superstructure!

Now really, your hull needs also a bit of tlc and some nice gloss paint! Looks sell these boats, not seaworthiness! 

Vaddoc

Looks very good Patrick! I like the shiny paint in that superstructure!

Now really, your hull needs also a bit of tlc and some nice gloss paint! Looks sell these boats, not seaworthiness! 

Vaddoc

Hi Vaddoc

Thanks!  You're absolutely correct about the hull needing some loving.  That's one of the many list of things that needs to be done, but first, I'll need to amend the shape of the bulbous bow, add the anchor wells above the waterline at the bow and add the stabilisers.  So, plenty of stuff still to go.  Lots of fun, though.

Have a great week!

Cheers

Patrick

Hi everyone

I hope you're all well.  I've had a go at doing a few of those little niggly bits on Majellan that've I've been putting off for ages.  They're tiny details and, therefore, are hard to see.  Although they're still 'works in progress', they are: the tiny railings on the Sun Deck at the rear of the sun lounges; the antenna masts and the railings around the staircases on the Sun Deck and Bridge Deck.  

I hope you like the photos.

Have a good one, everyone!

Cheers

Patrick

post-7645-0-27257300-1467898062_thumb.jpg

post-7645-0-10576400-1467898067_thumb.jpg

post-7645-0-03991700-1467898072_thumb.jpg

post-7645-0-45903700-1467898077_thumb.jpg

post-7645-0-34156700-1467898083_thumb.jpg

post-7645-0-21801600-1467898089_thumb.jpg

post-7645-0-21461000-1467898095_thumb.jpg

post-7645-0-84165400-1467898100_thumb.jpg

post-7645-0-95917600-1467898105_thumb.jpg

post-7645-0-13835300-1467898112_thumb.jpg

Yes, a giant rubber hand, and a fake hughe watch ... I knew it, I just knew it couldn't be that BIG!!! Wonderfull work again on that scale a yours ... You've put her back into shape my friend. Lovely job!!

Cheers

Carl

"Desperate affairs require desperate measures." Lord Nelson
Search and you might find a log ...

Such a beautiful boat.  Let me know when you launch her, I'd like to sign on.

Bob

Every build is a learning experience.

Current build:  SS_ Mariefred

Completed builds:  US Coast Guard Pequot   Friendship-sloop,  Schooner Lettie-G.-Howard,   Spray,   Grand-Banks-dory

a gaff rigged yawl,  HOGA (YT-146),  Int'l Dragon Class II,   Two Edwardian Launches 

In the Gallery:   Catboat,   International-Dragon-Class,   Spray

I like the bandaid on the lower hull :P Great job, Patrick

Zipper hydroplane(Miss Mabel ) finished

John Cudahy  Scratch build 1/4" scale Steam Tug

1914 Steam Tug Scratch build from HAMMS plans

1820 Pinky  "Eagle" Scratch build from; American Ships Their Plans and History

You have very very big hands or your model is very very small

Very very very good job !

In progress:

CUTTY SARK - Tehnodidakta => scratch => Campbell plans

http://modelshipworld.com/index.php/topic/2501-cutty-sark-by-nenad-tehnodidakta-scratched-campbells-plans/page-1#entry64653

Content of log :

http://modelshipworld.com/index.php/topic/2501-cutty-sark-by-nenad-tehnodidakta-scratched-campbells-plans/page-62#entry217381

Past build:

Stella, Heller kit, plastic, Santa Maria, Tehnodidakta kit, wood, Jolly Roger Heller kit, plastic

Nice seeing all this great work come together.  Since it's a luxury yacht, maybe see if  Rolex or Patek Philippe will supply photo props...?

Edited by hexnut

She's coming along quite nicely Patrick, an inspiration for sure.

Cheers,

Piet, The Flying Dutchman.

"Your greatest asset is not the quantity of your friends , rather the quality of your friends."  (old Chinese proverb)

Current Builds: Hr. Ms. Java 1925-1942

VOC Ship Surabaya

Planned Builds: Young America Diorama - scale 1:3000

Future Builds: KPM ship "MS Musi."  Zuiderzee Botter - scale 1:25. VOC Jacht in a 6" lamp,  Buginese fishing Prauw.  Hr. Ms. Java - Royal Navy Netherlands Cruiser.

Completed Builds:   Hr. Ms. O16 Submarine

Hr. Ms. O19 - Submarine Royal Navy Netherlands

Ship Yard Diorama with Topsail schooner -

Friendship Sloop Gwenfra

Muscongus Bay Lobster Smack    

Golden Hind - Cutte Sark (both not in this forum)

Great work, Patrick. I particularly like the last photo (with the watch) - but you should have used your Rolex in the photo.

Thanks Frank!

Truth be told, I'm not too keen on Rolex's styling. Somehow, they look old and dated, to me. I much prefer Omega, IWC, Oris, Ball, etc. Nevertheless, I agree with you that any form of product placement for the Swiss Watch industry wouldn't have been a bad thing. LOL.

Have a good weekend!

Cheers

Patrick

Edited by Omega1234

She's coming along quite nicely Patrick, an inspiration for sure.

Cheers,

Hi Piet

Many thanks! I'm liking where Majellan's heading too, especially now that things are back on track.

Enjoy your weekend and promise me that you'll get back to your Surabaya soon!

Cheers

Patrick

Nice seeing all this great work come together.  Since it's a luxury yacht, maybe see if  Rolex or Patek Philippe will supply photo props...?[/quote

Hi Hexnut

Thanks! Let's see, mmmm, a Patek Phillipe would've looked mighty fine. One can only dream!

Have a great weekend!

Cheers

Patrick

You have very very big hands or your model is very very small

Very very very good job !

Hi Nenad

Thanks for dropping by. How does the saying go - "Good things come in small packages". In Majellan's case, yer, I guess she is pretty small, but an absolute giant compared to Piet's current topsail schooner.

Have a great weekend!

Cheers

Patrick

Edited by Omega1234

I like the bandaid on the lower hull :P Great job, Patrick

Hi Steve

Thanks! The "band aid" is a piece of masking tape which I used to cover the bow thuster holes; thus making them relatively water tight during Majellan's ill- fated floatation trials. Sadly, she promptly sank. I was horror struck, and haven't gotten around to removing the tape yet!

Oh well...

Enjoy your weekend

Cheers

Patrick

Edited by Omega1234

amazing, Patrick,

its fantastic what all this "lilliput craft" bears behind its walls and decks. A real good job you certainly can be proud of

Nils

Current builds

-Lightship Elbe 1

Completed

- Steamship Ergenstrasse ex Laker Corsicana 1918- scale 1:87 scratchbuild

"Zeesboot"  heritage wooden fishing small craft around 1870, POB  clinker scratch build scale 1:24

Pilot Schooner # 5 ELBE  ex Wanderbird, scale 1:50 scratchbuild

Mississippi Sterwheelsteamer built as christmapresent for grandson modified kit build

Chebec "Eagle of Algier" 1753--scale 1:48-POB-(scratchbuild) 

"SS Kaiser Wilhelm der Grosse" four stacker passenger liner of 1897, blue ribbond awarded, 1:144 (scratchbuild)
"HMS Pegasus" , 16 gun sloop, Swan-Class 1776-1777 scale 1:64 from Amati plan 

-"Pamir" 4-mast barque, P-liner, 1:96  (scratchbuild)

-"Gorch Fock 2" German Navy cadet training 3-mast barque, 1:95 (scratchbuild) 

"Heinrich Kayser" heritage Merchant Steamship, 1:96 (scratchbuild)  original was my grandfathers ship

-"Bohuslän" , heritage ,live Swedish museum passenger steamer (Billings kit), 1:50 

"Lorbas", river tug, steam driven for RC, fictive design (scratchbuild), scale appr. 1:32

under restoration / restoration finished 

"Hjejlen" steam paddlewheeler, 1861, Billings Boats rare old kit, scale 1:50

Such a beautiful boat. Let me know when you launch her, I'd like to sign on.

Bob

Hi Bob

You're on! Come launch day, we can enjoy a cocktail or two, whilst we watch Majellan cruise the waves.

Oh well, we can only dream, can't we?

Cheers

Patrick

Edited by Omega1234

Yes, a giant rubber hand, and a fake hughe watch ... I knew it, I just knew it couldn't be that BIG!!! Wonderfull work again on that scale a yours ... You've put her back into shape my friend. Lovely job!!

Cheers

Hi Carl

Thanks for your comments. Yep, she's tiny, but what a challenge it's been. I'm gonna miss working on her, once she's finished.

I hope you can get back to your ships too, soon!

Cheers

Patrick

amazing, Patrick,

its fantastic what all this "lilliput craft" bears behind its walls and decks. A real good job you certainly can be proud of

Nils

Thanks Nils

I like the "lilliput analogy". It seems pretty apt, for teeny tiny Majellan!

In fact, she could probably fit in one of the cabins on your KWDG!

Have a great weekend.

Cheers

Patrick

Hi all

Over the past few days, I've worked on a few more niggly bits on Majellan.  

Firstly, I started on the walkway and railings that leads from the forecastle, up over the main foredeck's cabin roof and up onto the Bridge Deck.  it looks weird to me, but hey, if the real ship has it, I had to try to replicate it.  Granted, it still needs lots of tidying up, though.

Secondly, I trimmed the windows by removing the build-up of excess paint, thereby making their outline's sharper.  I reckon the overall look of the windows is much better now.

Lastly, I also re-shaped the bulb below the bow; thereby making it more in keeping with the actual ship's bulbous bow.

Speaking of the actual ship that Majellan's based upon, she can be seen on my IPad in the background of a couple of the photos.

I hope you enjoy the photos.

Cheers

Patrick

post-7645-0-84680400-1468163459_thumb.jpg

post-7645-0-85479400-1468163466_thumb.jpg

post-7645-0-95538200-1468163474_thumb.jpg

post-7645-0-51439500-1468163482_thumb.jpg

post-7645-0-31357800-1468163488_thumb.jpg

post-7645-0-51630500-1468163496_thumb.jpg

post-7645-0-40133000-1468163503_thumb.jpg

Nice cleanup job Patrick, windows look very sharp and the added railings?  Great looking job, we don't want the pax falling overboard now, would we?

Cheers,

Piet, The Flying Dutchman.

"Your greatest asset is not the quantity of your friends , rather the quality of your friends."  (old Chinese proverb)

Current Builds: Hr. Ms. Java 1925-1942

VOC Ship Surabaya

Planned Builds: Young America Diorama - scale 1:3000

Future Builds: KPM ship "MS Musi."  Zuiderzee Botter - scale 1:25. VOC Jacht in a 6" lamp,  Buginese fishing Prauw.  Hr. Ms. Java - Royal Navy Netherlands Cruiser.

Completed Builds:   Hr. Ms. O16 Submarine

Hr. Ms. O19 - Submarine Royal Navy Netherlands

Ship Yard Diorama with Topsail schooner -

Friendship Sloop Gwenfra

Muscongus Bay Lobster Smack    

Golden Hind - Cutte Sark (both not in this forum)

I like the shot of the model in front of the iPad-based photo - it shows just how great your work turned out.  BRAVO!!

Hi Frank

Many thanks. The photos of the real ship and her sister ships have proven invaluable in getting the details right. In fact, I've drooled over the photos so much, that I think the images are now indelibly burned into the screen!

Cheers

Patrick

Patrick, absolutely beautiful job, my hat is off to you  !

Current build:

A Battleship

Past builds:

The Unicorn - The Lindworm - Malahini -  Shinobi Maru  -  The MaryJane - The Weeligstraal

Nice cleanup job Patrick, windows look very sharp and the added railings?  Great looking job, we don't want the pax falling overboard now, would we?

Cheers,

Hi Piet

Thanks. There's still lots of work to go yet, but your comments are greatly appreciated. As far as the railings are concerned, they still require fine-tuning, especially as they're all not sitting at exactly the same height. So...some fiddling still to go.

I'm having lots of fun, though.

Cheers

Patrick

She looks better than before!   you did a spank'in good job of bringing her back to snuff!   I was going to go with the Lilliput angle........but I see someone beat me to it  ;)   she looks awesome Patrick.........you have a couple of pictures there that really show her beauty.   you've done well....I'm really impressed with the work you've done on her  :)   but I think caution must be taken........your work here is starting to affect other folks......and pretty soon,  we're all going to have to don optivisors just to view the site  :D  :D   >just kidding<  ;)

now .........no more heart stopping moments.....OK!?!?!?!?   awesome work!  :)

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller
Phylly C & Denny-Zen - the Lobsie twins - bashed & semi scratch dual build

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Billing's Gothenborg 1:100 / Billing's Boulogne Etaples 1:20
Billing's Half Moon 1:40 - some scratch required
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400
Trawler Syborn - semi scratch / Holiday Harbor dual build - semi scratch

Thanks Denis

I really appreciate your comments, even if it came with a word of warning....but, trust me, I never want to drop her again! As for the Optivisor comment, well, I think Piet and Igor have just as much to be guilty for, as me. Piet, especially, what with his 14mm TopSail schooner! Now, that's teeny weeny tiny!

Cheers and all the best!

Patrick

Edited by Omega1234

I know.......I just found Piet's log today.   splendid!    as for Igor's work........I follow Daniel's and his work as well.......their ability to instill as much detail,  as they do,  is awe inspiring!   the only two mediums {that I know of} that have touched the entire scale gambet,  is model trains and ships....I haven't seen too many car or aircraft kits that go below 1:144.   tip 'o the hat!  no disrespect.   

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller
Phylly C & Denny-Zen - the Lobsie twins - bashed & semi scratch dual build

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Billing's Gothenborg 1:100 / Billing's Boulogne Etaples 1:20
Billing's Half Moon 1:40 - some scratch required
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400
Trawler Syborn - semi scratch / Holiday Harbor dual build - semi scratch

Hi everyone and many thanks for all of your comments, Likes and feedback - Much appreciated!

Well, I'm a happy chappy, because I've finally gotten around to painting the hull.  However, I'm not sure that my photography skills can properly show just how smooth and glossy the hull above the waterline is looking.  It's a pity, because to me, the finish on the hull is looking pretty spiffy.

Still lots of work to go, such as tweaking the railings (at the moment they're just temporarily put in, hence why they're embarrassingly crooked.  There's also the life rafts on the Sun Deck, the propellors, rudders, more painting and finishing the internal accommodation, that needs to be done.

Oh, by the way, in a couple of photos you'll see my other 'pride and joy'.  It's my Colnago C60 carbon fibre road bike.  She's a beauty, too.

I hope you enjoy the photos.

All the best!

Cheers

Patrick

post-7645-0-20620500-1468501671_thumb.jpg

post-7645-0-91010400-1468501676_thumb.jpg

post-7645-0-23685400-1468501683_thumb.jpg

post-7645-0-88800000-1468501688_thumb.jpg

post-7645-0-34284400-1468501695_thumb.jpg

post-7645-0-09411200-1468501701_thumb.jpg

post-7645-0-59783100-1468501706_thumb.jpg

post-7645-0-98557800-1468501711_thumb.jpg