Majellan by Omega1234 - Luxury 37 metre Motor Yacht - 1/200 Miniature 7 inches approx - Finished

super paint!   it looks like your finished  ;)    no....really Patrick..........she looks great!

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller
Phylly C & Denny-Zen - the Lobsie twins - bashed & semi scratch dual build

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Billing's Gothenborg 1:100 / Billing's Boulogne Etaples 1:20
Billing's Half Moon 1:40 - some scratch required
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400
Trawler Syborn - semi scratch / Holiday Harbor dual build - semi scratch

Very nice Patrick!  The amount of detail in such a small space continues to amaze me.

Thanks Frank. My 'way of thinking' says that if it's on the real ship, then I at least should try to replicate it on the model (within reason of course, and assuming that it's within my capabilities to do it). Well...that's the theory, anyway!

All the best

Patrick

super paint!   it looks like your finished  ;)    no....really Patrick..........she looks great!

Thanks Denis. The paint on the hull was one thing that has bugged me all along; hence why I'm so glad that I've finally tackled it.

Have a great weekend!

Cheers

Patrick

Such a beauty you've built.  You're a real craftsman.

Bob

Every build is a learning experience.

Current build:  SS_ Mariefred

Completed builds:  US Coast Guard Pequot   Friendship-sloop,  Schooner Lettie-G.-Howard,   Spray,   Grand-Banks-dory

a gaff rigged yawl,  HOGA (YT-146),  Int'l Dragon Class II,   Two Edwardian Launches 

In the Gallery:   Catboat,   International-Dragon-Class,   Spray

I can't add anything to what's already been said, Patrick.  I'll just sit here quietly in awe.

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

I can't add anything to what's already been said, Patrick.  I'll just sit here quietly in awe.

Hi Mark - thanks. I'm glad you like her.

Patrick, she's looking very sweet! great job

Hi Steve. Many thanks. Still lots of work to go, but I'm loving working on her.

Have a great weekend, guys!

Cheers

Patrick

Hi everyone

Thanks for all of your comments and Likes!

Just a quick update - Last night I added the four life rafts (two on each side) that hang off the sides of the Sun Deck.  The close-up photos show that they still require some 'tidying up', but, that can be done later.

Have a great weekend, folks!

Cheers

Patrick

post-7645-0-90041300-1468627328_thumb.jpg

post-7645-0-12012800-1468627345_thumb.jpg

post-7645-0-17291200-1468627350_thumb.jpg

post-7645-0-25020800-1468627355_thumb.jpg

post-7645-0-29027900-1468627360_thumb.jpg

Wow Patrick, I had to put sunglasses on looking at your jewel, that paint was blinding ;)

Very nice work and now also the life rafts.  Are you going to paint them?

Cheers,

Piet, The Flying Dutchman.

"Your greatest asset is not the quantity of your friends , rather the quality of your friends."  (old Chinese proverb)

Current Builds: Hr. Ms. Java 1925-1942

VOC Ship Surabaya

Planned Builds: Young America Diorama - scale 1:3000

Future Builds: KPM ship "MS Musi."  Zuiderzee Botter - scale 1:25. VOC Jacht in a 6" lamp,  Buginese fishing Prauw.  Hr. Ms. Java - Royal Navy Netherlands Cruiser.

Completed Builds:   Hr. Ms. O16 Submarine

Hr. Ms. O19 - Submarine Royal Navy Netherlands

Ship Yard Diorama with Topsail schooner -

Friendship Sloop Gwenfra

Muscongus Bay Lobster Smack    

Golden Hind - Cutte Sark (both not in this forum)

Hi Piet

Thanks - yes, the life rafts are, or, at least were going to be painted.  However, Smartypants here went and glued them in before painting them!  :(  :(  :(

Now...I have to get out my finest paint brush and try to carefully paint them.  A job made all the more difficult because I'll need to avoid painting the wire baskets that they're sitting in. 

Wish me luck!

Cheers

Patrick

HI everyone

Ok.  I'm guilty as charged.  I'm just having too much fun taking photos of Majellan.  I may have gone a bit overboard by taking the following 11 photos, but I reckon she's one hell of a photogenic "looker".  So, please bear with me.  Of particular interest are the ship's tender and one of the jet ski's which have been casually located on the aft garage deck, just waiting to be launched.  

However .........these close-ups keep highlighting all the mistakes and 'still to be done jobs'.  Don't worry.  I'll get around to them, soon.  One of the first will be to properly install the railings to ensure that they're all straight and level....

I hope you enjoy the photos, folks.

Have a great week, everyone!

Cheers

Patrick

post-7645-0-89488500-1468759564_thumb.jpg

post-7645-0-25286300-1468759571_thumb.jpg

post-7645-0-90051700-1468759577_thumb.jpg

post-7645-0-42620100-1468759584_thumb.jpg

post-7645-0-17726500-1468759590_thumb.jpg

post-7645-0-84186500-1468759622_thumb.jpg

post-7645-0-81027500-1468759628_thumb.jpg

post-7645-0-80932200-1468759634_thumb.jpg

post-7645-0-20077600-1468759641_thumb.jpg

post-7645-0-92942500-1468759646_thumb.jpg

post-7645-0-78944200-1468759653_thumb.jpg

G'day Patrick, she is so amazing, so tiny but so detailed, fantastic work,

best regards John.

Hi John

Many thanks for your compliments and for all of your Likes after following Majellan's past posts.

Greatly appreciated .

All the best!

Cheers

Patrick

I'm with John.   Just fantastic, Patrick.

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

Super nice motor yacht Patrick.

Cheers,

Piet, The Flying Dutchman.

"Your greatest asset is not the quantity of your friends , rather the quality of your friends."  (old Chinese proverb)

Current Builds: Hr. Ms. Java 1925-1942

VOC Ship Surabaya

Planned Builds: Young America Diorama - scale 1:3000

Future Builds: KPM ship "MS Musi."  Zuiderzee Botter - scale 1:25. VOC Jacht in a 6" lamp,  Buginese fishing Prauw.  Hr. Ms. Java - Royal Navy Netherlands Cruiser.

Completed Builds:   Hr. Ms. O16 Submarine

Hr. Ms. O19 - Submarine Royal Navy Netherlands

Ship Yard Diorama with Topsail schooner -

Friendship Sloop Gwenfra

Muscongus Bay Lobster Smack    

Golden Hind - Cutte Sark (both not in this forum)

yep!  no doubt about it.........she's a looker!  simply awesome Patrick!

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller
Phylly C & Denny-Zen - the Lobsie twins - bashed & semi scratch dual build

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Billing's Gothenborg 1:100 / Billing's Boulogne Etaples 1:20
Billing's Half Moon 1:40 - some scratch required
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400
Trawler Syborn - semi scratch / Holiday Harbor dual build - semi scratch

Hi folks

Thanks for all of your comments and Likes!

Today, I had a day-off work, so, I set about making Majellan's port and starboard navigation lights.  I also added a bit more detail to the ship's tender in a bid to make it look a bit more convincing.

Lastly, I repainted the jet skis.

I hope you all enjoy the photos!

Cheers

Patrick

post-7645-0-19409600-1468820534_thumb.jpg

post-7645-0-28932600-1468820539_thumb.jpg

post-7645-0-05672100-1468820545_thumb.jpg

post-7645-0-48768400-1468820550_thumb.jpg

post-7645-0-28574000-1468820556_thumb.jpg

post-7645-0-20401900-1468820567_thumb.jpg

post-7645-0-78407800-1468820572_thumb.jpg

Stunning, Patrick. When you see them details without reference they seem much bigger, as I can't imagine they can be build that small with so much details ... you did some marvelous work ... again, and again stunning detail

Cheers

Carl

"Desperate affairs require desperate measures." Lord Nelson
Search and you might find a log ...

Stunning, Patrick. When you see them details without reference they seem much bigger, as I can't imagine they can be build that small with so much details ... you did some marvelous work ... again, and again stunning detail

Cheers

Hi Carl

Thanks for your compliments. I thought the same thing when I saw your ship, as well as Igor's and Piet's teeny tiny marvels and all of the other miniatures on MSW. But, at the end of the day, it's all about trying and pushing our respective limits to see what can be done.

Have a great week!

Cheers

Patrick

She's beautiful and I'm getting anxious for the christening, there can't be much more to do. 

Bob

Every build is a learning experience.

Current build:  SS_ Mariefred

Completed builds:  US Coast Guard Pequot   Friendship-sloop,  Schooner Lettie-G.-Howard,   Spray,   Grand-Banks-dory

a gaff rigged yawl,  HOGA (YT-146),  Int'l Dragon Class II,   Two Edwardian Launches 

In the Gallery:   Catboat,   International-Dragon-Class,   Spray

She's beautiful and I'm getting anxious for the christening, there can't be much more to do. 

Bob

Thanks Bob 

Still lots of work to go.  Once the outside's finished, I'll then move onto the lower deck's accommodation, which still requires a fair bit of work.

After that...Launch Day!!!!

Cheers and all the best.

Patrick

Do you have list with items you tick off? I wouldn't know what to do next by now ... I was under the same impression as Bob, couldn't find fault with anything anymore ... she looks lovely and ready for her maiden voyage ...

Carl

"Desperate affairs require desperate measures." Lord Nelson
Search and you might find a log ...