Hello from France

Hello from Provence,

I retired a few years ago, I was an osteopath, and my wife who has now also retired was an English teacher.

I finished Caldercraft’s HMS DIANA a couple of months ago and I have just started working on HMS AGAMEMNON, also  a Caldercraft model.

I have made other models, COREL ones, but while I was working in the clinic, I had very little spare time to devote to my models.

We live in Provence, not far from Avignon, in a town house with a rather small but very pleasant garden.

The elder of our two sons who is a mathematician and statistician will be forty next autumn and our younger son is a musician. Neither of them is a model maker …

The Caldercraft models have fine dimensions and they are quite complete and well designed ; yet they are not always perfectly accurate historically. But as kits, I know of no better ones.

I am very happy  to be able to join this forum, I thank you for accepting me.

I wish you all a very pleasant weekend.

Best regards,

Alain

4.jpg

Welcome Alain

Having recently vacationed in the south of France, my wife and I have decided if we ever wish to live somewhere other than our current home in Florida, we are heading to Nice or Provence.  You are fortunate to live in such a lovely part of the world!

Allan